SportsWrath

Steve McNair

Lughead

Guest Carbo
Giants GOT three QB's...why would they need Mcnair?
Uhh. . .because he is better than all three??

Ding, ding! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!

Giants GOT three QB's...why would they need Mcnair?

I was just saying thats all . don't you think McNair would be an upgrade from Hasslebeck?

don't you think McNair would be an upgrade from Hasslebeck?
saying that now we will hear from the peanut gallery : "hes better then the "tulip" we have starting for us now " or " hes better than the noodley armed Opie " .

I am talking back up fpr ELi not a Starter got the Giants

oh damn I forgot am I soposed to say something about a DT now :confused:

That'd be pretty sad if McNair has to come here as a backup. We'd have to pay him starters money to come. No.

why would we have to pay him starters money to come to be a back up? I mean hey if no other team takes intrest in him why not get him for vet min if not oh well there's the door you can now go hang up you're cleats as well as you're career

why would we have to pay him starters money to come to be a back up? I mean hey if no other team takes intrest in him why not get him for vet min if not oh well there's the door you can now go hang up you're cleats as well as you're career

There will be other teams interested in him as a starter. If not, I still don't want Eli the least bit worried with a past MVP of only three years ago behind him (similar to Warner but you get my point).

Vet minimum only.

Eli wouldn't have to worry about anything just make it clear to both of them Steve is here as an insurance policy incase Eli gets seriously hurt . or is on the winning side of a blow out with 3 minutes left or so

Uhh. . .because he is better than all three??

Ding, ding! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!

Mcnair would come to the Giants and be a #2??? You're bugging out again. Plus Mcnair would command more money than BOTH Giants backups put together. Ever heard of salary caps?

I was just saying thats all . don't you think McNair would be an upgrade from Hasslebeck?

saying that now we will hear from the peanut gallery : "hes better then the "tulip" we have starting for us now " or " hes better than the noodley armed Opie " .

I am talking back up fpr ELi not a Starter got the Giants

oh damn I forgot am I soposed to say something about a DT now :confused:

:LMAO::LMAO:

Guest Floyd The Barber

back-up ?? why would you sit a guy that is clearly better than the starting QB ?? if he became a Giant, the Giants can begin to make playoff preparations for 2006 today...

Guest Carbo
back-up ?? why would you sit a guy that is clearly better than the starting QB ?? if he became a Giant, the Giants can begin to make playoff preparations for 2006 today...
Exactly. Eli sits and learns, and may be better off a year or two down the road as a result. Win/win all around.

ESPN Insider

Determined to add a veteran quarterback to their training camp mix, the Ravens for weeks have been monitoring the status of McNair. In the wake of Tuesday's news, that the Titans have told McNair he cannot work out at the club's facility until his sticky contract situation is resolved, the Ravens' interest has been further piqued, reports ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

There remains a chance that Tennessee will release McNair and make him a free agent. If that occurs, Baltimore is the most likely landing spot for him to resume his career. Although the Ravens have been in discussions with free-agent QB Kerry Collins and his agent, Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome told ESPN.com last week he was in no hurry to acquire a challenger for incumbent Kyle Boller.

McNair has one year remaining on his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $9 million in base salary for 2006. The Titans are hoping to restructure his deal, but little progress has been made and there is growing speculation that he will be released.

Exactly. Eli sits and learns, and may be better off a year or two down the road as a result. Win/win all around.

You guys amaze me. How would getting McNair and starting him over Eli a "Win/win all around"? How can Eli "be better off a year or two down the road as a result" by sitting for that long? He can learn sitting, but regardless he NEEDS more playing experience. You can only learn so much by sitting. You need to get a feel of the game yourself. If sitting for a couple of years makes a QB better, than San Diego shouldn't skip a beat with Philip Rivers.

Guest Lockhart
You guys amaze me. How would getting McNair and starting him over Eli a "Win/win all around"? How can Eli "be better off a year or two down the road as a result" by sitting for that long? He can learn sitting, but regardless he NEEDS more playing experience. You can only learn so much by sitting. You need to get a feel of the game yourself. If sitting for a couple of years makes a QB better, than San Diego shouldn't skip a beat with Philip Rivers.

Eli couldlearn from McNair while the Giants would have a better QB for 2006 in McNair.

Eli couldlearn from McNair while the Giants would have a better QB for 2006 in McNair.

Yeah, and while he's learning the Giants are paying big money to a back-up and sitting him would take away from valuable game experience a QB and any other player needs to get better. Eli wouldn't be better of sitting for a year or two. You want McNair so bad, get him in Madden.

Guest Lockhart
Yeah, and while he's learning the Giants are paying big money to a back-up and sitting him would take away from valuable game experience a QB and any other player needs to get better. Eli wouldn't be better of sitting for a year or two. You want McNair so bad, get him in Madden.

......or the Giants could get him after the Titans cut him. McNair will probably go to the Ravens where he will start, but that doesn't prevent the Giants from TRYING to upgrade the offense with McNair.

......or the Giants could get him after the Titans cut him. McNair will probably go to the Ravens where he will start, but that doesn't prevent the Giants from TRYING to upgrade the offense with McNair.

Eli is the QB of the future and he already just had his first full season as a starter, why mess things up? Eli took a big step forward this year, even if you and the fag 4 are too blind to see it. When he puts up Pro Bowl numbers this year we'll see what you guys will say.

The FAB 4 is wrong on this !! clearly

You cannot name me a Giants QB that put up the stats that Eli did and

the amount of wins he had in his first full year.

If you can name a giants QB that did that than please POST !!!

I know you cant. :TD:

With that said why would you have him sit down as

he only will improve in his 2nd full year.

The FAB4 is clearly off base with this line of thinking that getting

Mc Nair is a productive option.

It really is a poor solution to what you believe to be a problem.

There is no problem except you want a veteran QB and the whole point

of ELi was to have him improve. He cant improve by sitting on his ass

taking notes. It the NFL and you have to take your lumps just like every other

QB before him.

OFF BASE 100%

:confused:

Guest Carbo

What you fail to recognize is that the Giants won eleven games last year despite Eli Manning, not because of. Tiki Barber carried the team with a career performance week after week. A solid veteran at the QB position, or a young gun slinger for that matter, could have run with this very same team deep into the playoffs. Instead, the Giants went out with a whimper.

Guest Lockhart
The FAB 4 is wrong on this !! clearly

You cannot name me a Giants QB that put up the stats that Eli did and

the amount of wins he had in his first full year.

If you can name a giants QB that did that than please POST !!!

I know you cant. :TD:

With that said why would you have him sit down as

he only will improve in his 2nd full year.

The FAB4 is clearly off base with this line of thinking that getting

Mc Nair is a productive option.

It really is a poor solution to what you believe to be a problem.

There is no problem except you want a veteran QB and the whole point

of ELi was to have him improve. He cant improve by sitting on his ass

taking notes. It the NFL and you have to take your lumps just like every other

QB before him.

OFF BASE 100%

:confused:

It was Eli's second season, it was Ben's second season - Eli has one playof appearance where he stunk, Ben has a Super Bowl Ring - this one isn't even close. Ben is an all-pro QB, Eli ended 2005 in a 6 game passing collapse.

why the fuck would mcnair want to come here? he wants 9 million from the titans, so why would he take backup money (like 2 million) to come here? i'm sure he would have PLENTY of other better offers than from here

What you fail to recognize is that the Giants won eleven games last year despite Eli Manning, not because of. Tiki Barber carried the team with a career performance week after week. A solid veteran at the QB position, or a young gun slinger for that matter, could have run with this very same team deep into the playoffs. Instead, the Giants went out with a whimper.

Let me make myself perfectly clear !! (richard nixon) :P

THe giants lost in the playoffs because the lacked a solid tuff

defense. THe also lost because the LB core was a patched

unit that couldnt beat HS team.

The lost playoffs you are refering to was against the panthers

and if you watch the film you see a total breakdown of the entire

team that day Not Eli manning alone losing the game due to his play.

A total team loss and breakdown But the Giants D in particular especially

the LB and secondary were horrible. Also the panthers double teamed

OSi and Stray because the middle of the D line (DT's ) never colapsed the

pocket affording the panthers the ability to double osi and stray giving

jake Delhome plenty of time to exploit our already weak secondary.

Did osi and stray have a big game that day ?? :o

You blame Eli but as a QB in his 1st full season he played well.

YEs he could have been more consistant with his passing accuracy

but over all it was a solid 1st year performance.

If you dont see that than keep reviewing the film.

Your emotion out ways the facts ! :ph34r:

again! name me a previous giants QB that did what eli

did in his first full season.