SportsWrath

Steve McNair

Lughead

It was Eli's second season, it was Ben's second season - Eli has one playof appearance where he stunk, Ben has a Super Bowl Ring - this one isn't even close. Ben is an all-pro QB, Eli ended 2005 in a 6 game passing collapse.

you have yet to answer me !!

name a previous giants QB in his 1st full season that had

Eli's stats and team wins.

What you fail to recognize is that the Giants won eleven games last year despite Eli Manning, not because of. Tiki Barber carried the team with a career performance week after week. A solid veteran at the QB position, or a young gun slinger for that matter, could have run with this very same team deep into the playoffs. Instead, the Giants went out with a whimper.

Despite Eli Manning? What happened vs New Orleans? Did Tiki carry the team with his 83 yards rushing on 22 carries? He did score twice (pass from Manning on one and another on a run) but he didn't carry the team. How about against the Rams, Eli threw for 4 tds. Plus it was Eli that led the team back into position to at least have a chance to win several games. And even in the Charger game, Eli played his best game as a pro that day in front of a VERY hostile crowd. What did Tiki do that day? Eli was carrying the offense. Had the defense played better, the outcome would have been different. Eli will only get better and he is on his way up. Keep bashing him along with your sorry ass group. You will keep sounding stupid.

Despite Eli Manning? What happened vs New Orleans? Did Tiki carry the team with his 83 yards rushing on 22 carries? He did score twice (pass from Manning on one and another on a run) but he didn't carry the team. How about against the Rams, Eli threw for 4 tds. Plus it was Eli that led the team back into position to at least have a chance to win several games. And even in the Charger game, Eli played his best game as a pro that day in front of a VERY hostile crowd. What did Tiki do that day? Eli was carrying the offense. Had the defense played better, the outcome would have been different. Eli will only get better and he is on his way up. Keep bashing him along with your sorry ass group. You will keep sounding stupid.

agreed ! Tiki didnt carry the team every game , every series of downs.

Anyone bashing ELi Manning should be ashamed of themselves if they

are a giants fan. We have had very few QB's with his potential to ever

wear a blue jersey! absolutely ridiculous !!

Manning not only improved, but he also showed that he can lead the team to tie the game or to win. He's a very good young 2 minute drill QB. Usually young QB's try to do to much and get nervous at this point, but Eli remains calm. The completion percentage was misleading, he had a good year and he will only get better.

Guest Lockhart
you have yet to answer me !!

name a previous giants QB in his 1st full season that had

Eli's stats and team wins.

Anyone them if they had Tiki - Tiki was the Giant offense - Eli was a spectator for the last half of the season. Eli's QB rating was 23rd in the NFL - his completion Pct. was under 53% - pitiful. Still, the Giants were able to win 11 games without a decent QB.

Anyone them if they had Tiki - Tiki was the Giant offense - Eli was a spectator for the last half of the season. Eli's QB rating was 23rd in the NFL - his completion Pct. was under 53% - pitiful. Still, the Giants were able to win 11 games without a decent QB.

How many td's did he throw compared to ints? How many times did he lead the Giants into poistion to tie the score or to win the game? You just posted two stats that are deceitful. Kyle Boller had a better completion percentage than Eli but didn't play as well as Eli.

Guest Carbo
Tiki didnt carry the team every game , every series of downs.
Yeah! That Barber guy is a real dog! Maybe the Front Office can cut his sorry ass because he "didn't carry the team every game, every series of downs"! :rolleyes:

Let me make myself perfectly clear !! (richard nixon) :P

THe giants lost in the playoffs because the lacked a solid tuff

defense. THe also lost because the LB core was a patched

unit that couldnt beat HS team.

The lost playoffs you are refering to was against the panthers

and if you watch the film you see a total breakdown of the entire

team that day Not Eli manning alone losing the game due to his play.

A total team loss and breakdown But the Giants D in particular especially

the LB and secondary were horrible. Also the panthers double teamed

OSi and Stray because the middle of the D line (DT's ) never colapsed the

pocket affording the panthers the ability to double osi and stray giving

jake Delhome plenty of time to exploit our already weak secondary.

Did osi and stray have a big game that day ?? :o

You blame Eli but as a QB in his 1st full season he played well.

YEs he could have been more consistant with his passing accuracy

but over all it was a solid 1st year performance.

If you dont see that than keep reviewing the film.

Your emotion out ways the facts ! :ph34r:

again! name me a previous giants QB that did what eli

did in his first full season.

Eli is leaps and bounds ahead Mcnair, especially at this point in his career. Mcnair would've been great to have on this team 4 years ago, but not now.

I also laugh when I read how crazy some of these posts are, I mean really guys, can anyone ever win? Your opinion is that Eli sucks and that's fine, but really think about what you say sometimes. Our money and future is invested in Eli, the Giants feel that he is the their guy and we will know if they are right 3 years from now. To argue about this now is just retarded, we have to give him a chance and when we are sucessful again, then you will all see that this debate was ridiculous.

I only asked this question to see how people felt about bringing Mcnair in here ONLY as a back up and IF no other team was interested in him. IF he asks for 9 mill we would say no vet min plus you are #2 Qbif you dont like those conditions then consider your career DONE thats it point blank .

but now it seems as of he will be a Raven anyway so it dosent matter I myself would like to see him here at #2 for vet min

I only asked this question to see how people felt about bringing Mcnair in here ONLY as a back up and IF no other team was interested in him. IF he asks for 9 mill we would say no vet min plus you are #2 Qbif you dont like those conditions then consider your career DONE thats it point blank .

but now it seems as of he will be a Raven anyway so it dosent matter I myself would like to see him here at #2 for vet min

:furious: Those are some pretty big words :furious: Get it big words...I crack me up :LMAO:

Mcnair career isn't over, so him being a #2 wouldn't mix well here in NYC/NJ....capeesh? :)