SportsWrath

Manning and Hixon

Lughead

i like hixon but im also hoping for someone to beat him out for the starting job.

its pretty much just a gut instinct but i feel like manningham and nicks both have a higher ceiling than hixon.

i think hixon could be a decent or solid starter but i feel manningham or nicks could turn into a very good starter at least.

i like hixon but im also hoping for someone to beat him out for the starting job.

its pretty much just a gut instinct but i feel like manningham and nicks both have a higher ceiling than hixon.

i think hixon could be a decent or solid starter but i feel manningham or nicks could turn into a very good starter at least.

Hixon needs to improve at the line of scrimmage. Defenders realized he couldn't abuse press coverage like Plaxico could (eg. v Al Harris in NFCCG).

From what I've heard, Nicks has been compared to Michael Irvin mainly because of how agressive he is going after the ball. If that's the case, he'll be our starter sooner rather than later.

Hixon needs to improve at the line of scrimmage. Defenders realized he couldn't abuse press coverage like Plaxico could (eg. v Al Harris in NFCCG).

From what I've heard, Nicks has been compared to Michael Irvin mainly because of how agressive he is going after the ball. If that's the case, he'll be our starter sooner rather than later.

im pretty sure one of nicks' positives was his skills at beating the press. im also pretty sure so far in the OTA's theyve been praising manninghams abililty at the LOS also. which is a big part of being a successful WR in the nfl.

Hixon Nicks is going to be a very, very good pro bowl receiver for us.

I firmly believe that. What that guy did at the collegiate level was unbelievable, against top competition, and he is built for the NFL, kind of like Lebron James made the jump with a ready to go NBA body, Nicks' body, not to mention the huge hands, plus the pro style offense he played, all mean that he's ready to make an immediate big impact... I really think we're going to like this kid.

Damn, Hixon had a hell of a game...

And to the post above me...that was Cedric Steptoe vs Domenik Hixon

And I like how the guy confused Kiwanuka and Butler the entire time...

Damn, Hixon had a hell of a game...

And to the post above me...that was Cedric Steptoe vs Domenik Hixon

And I like how the guy confused Kiwanuka and Butler the entire time...

That was the preseason game I forgot,Ware also had a monster game against Cleveland

That was the preseason game I forgot,Ware also had a monster game against Cleveland

That was a helluva game, if I recall correctly, Brady Quinn stepped in and just started dominating our defense...that game should have ended something like 37-21...Gmen made it way too close of a game.

This is a pure guess on my part but I am hoping to see

Nicks and Manningham as #1 and 2 followed by steve smith as #3

and Hixon comes in with 4 wide sets and also backs up Nicks and splits some time there.

Barden becomes a weapon inside the 20 with his height and learns the position because

he is raw. Moss I still don't know yet.

Of course this is pure guess work but what I like about this is manningham has nice speed

coupled with Nicks who is very physical at the line. We know that Smith is very

elusive for the slot openings which he has a great feel for.

I dont discount Hixon as a starter but he is not the type of receiver that catches everything or translation. Eli can throw erratic at times and we need receivers that can catch anything anywhere. Does Manningham have great hands?

Its hard to say what will happen here but there is very good potential. And receivers

actually working and drilling with Eli will make a huge difference.

Is it August yet? :rolleyes: