SportsWrath

Scout.com

Lubeck

They did a Rookie Most Likely too listing and here is where Nicks came up:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?conte...p;photo=9553548

</h2>

<h2>... catch 60 or more passes: WR Hakeem Nicks, Giants (North Carolina)

The most complete WR from the '09 draft, Hakeem Nicks has an opportunity to step in right away to become the Giants' No. 1 receiver after the release of Plaxico Burress. Nicks left North Carolina after his junior season; a season where he stepped up his game after Brandon Tate suffered a torn ACL and caught 68 passes for 1,222 yards and 12 touchdowns. Nicks averaged 71 receptions for 1,090 yards and 9 touchdowns the last two seasons. That same production should continue with the Giants this season.

Yup :)

I think we got a steal.

I think the only WR in the draft that is better then Nicks is Crabtree.

I'd take Nicks over Harvin/Maclin/Britt any day..

You know...there was a lot of friggin hoopla over Crabtree. But everytime I saw him speaking on TV, he reminded me of a egomaniacal punk and a future attitude similar to T.O. or Ocho Stinko. Talented, but a locker room troublemaker and a mouth that doesn't know when to shut up.

I'd put money on the table that Nicks will score more touchdowns and rattle up more yards than Crabtree.......and he'll do so without putting his mouth in controversy and acting like a moron.

You know...there was a lot of friggin hoopla over Crabtree. But everytime I saw him speaking on TV, he reminded me of a egomaniacal punk and a future attitude similar to T.O. or Ocho Stinko. Talented, but a locker room troublemaker and a mouth that doesn't know when to shut up.

I'd put money on the table that Nicks will score more touchdowns and rattle up more yards than Crabtree.......and he'll do so without putting his mouth in controversy and acting like a moron.

That is the one thing I noticed from all the players I saw interviewed that the Giants took....every single one of them is coherent and I can understand what they are saying and they all share one thing in common....humbleness.

safe bet considering crabtree will have sean hill or alex smith chucking wounded ducks at him from their back foot.

Interesting thing about Nicks is that he is stepping in a situation that is unique to most of the rookie WR's. The Giants really NEED Nicks to take that #1 WR spot right out of the gate and run with it. There is opportunity there because none of the current crop of Giants receivers are really considered to be #1 talent. Hixon did not prove last year he could match up with the better corners in the NFL and beat press coverage.

Nicks has an NFL body, ridiculous hands, and good speed. The only question for Nicks is if he can put in the necessary work to understand the playbook, run the routes correctly, get in rhythm with Eli, and lastly, not let the stage get to him. If he does these things early, then Nicks can exceed those numbers, particularly with a seasoned, intelligent QB with a strong arm throwing to him like he has with Eli, and an offense that even though run-oriented, will be balanced to some degree.

There is no question in my mind that Nicks has all the skills to be a star WR.