SportsWrath

ProFootball.Scout.com says Giants had the best draft in the NFL

BleedinBlue

I came across this and thought it worth sharing.

From Scout.com:

Best Draft

New York Giants

The New York Giants had a great weekend; they really improved their team. In the first round, they took North Carolina WR Hakeem Nicks, who I believe will be the best WR from this year's draft class. Nicks is a consistent pass catcher who has reliable hands. He lacks elite speed, but is quick and makes plays downfield. He’s a tough runner after the catch and doesn’t go down easily. He’s a complete receiver. Nicks will give Eli Manning the receiver he needs now that Plaxico Burress is no longer with the Giants.

The Giants selected Virginia LB Clint Sintim in the second round. The selection of Sintim will bolster the Giants linebacker core, however, he’s a classic 3-4 linebacker; he played the “elephant” position in Virginia’s 3-4 defense. At the Senior Bowl, Sintim got a taste of a 4-3 defense and played well under the Cincinnati Bengals coaching staff. Also in the second frame, the Giants drafted Connecticut OT William Beatty. An athletic left tackle who has to get stronger, Beatty has a chance to develop into a front-line starter. In a draft that featured premier talent at the OT position, Beatty was mentioned as a possible first round pick, so it was a great value for the Giants to get him with the 60th pick.

On Day Two, the Giants continued to add the best value on the board and, at the same time, address needs on their team. Cal Poly WR Ramses Barden had great value in the third round, and with his 6-foot-6, 229-pound frame, he could ease the loss of Burress, as he possesses similar characteristics. An intriguing selection also occurred in the third round in the form of 6-foot-3, 243-pound Travis Beckum. As a junior, Beckum caught 75 passes for 982 yards and six touchdowns, but he battled injuries this past season and only played in six games. If he were at full health this past season, Beckum would have received first round consideration. In the fourth round, the Giants stole NC State RB Andre Brown. Brown had a tremendous offseason and displayed outstanding speed, strength and blocking technique. The biggest concern surrounding Brown is his durability. He had a second round grade coming into this weekend, but teams were concerned about his left foot, which he had surgery on twice. In the fifth round, the Giants added Sam Houston State QB Rhett Bomar. A former Oklahoma recruit and a gunslinger with a lot of potential, Bomar had some off the field issues that caused his stock to drop. He’s a solid developmental quarterback that will create depth, and, if he progresses over the next couple of years, the Giants could parlay him for a quality draft pick.

The Giants rounded out their draft by selecting two cornerbacks: New Mexico CB DeAndre Wright in the sixth round and South Carolina Stoney Woodson in the seventh round.

GRADE: A+

======================

Linky: profootball.scout.com - rating the draft

I don't know if its the homer in me... But I totally agree. I thought we had the best, if not the best draft this year. But I thought Philadelphia had a great draft pick too. <_>

I don't know if its the homer in me... But I totally agree. I thought we had the best, if not the best draft this year. But I thought Philadelphia had a great draft pick too. <_<

Yeah I'd put it as a toss up between the two. I am not happy to hear that Pitt RB went to Philly. They seem like a team that will use him well.

Yeah I'd put it as a toss up between the two. I am not happy to hear that Pitt RB went to Philly. They seem like a team that will use him well.

I dunno man, they have never really used Brian Westbrook or Correll Buckhalter well...

Westbrook should be getting about 80% of the touches on that team. He doesn't though...

Why does this guy rule out this QB possibly eventually taking over for the oft eratic Eli Manning?

Manning is a good QB.......he will never be a great QB with his lack of accuracy

as long as Manning keeps winning Superbowls I dont care what kind of numbers he puts up in the regular season.

as long as Manning keeps winning Superbowls I dont care what kind of numbers he puts up in the regular season.

he won one.........and only due to the biggest miracle since the immaculate reception

puhleasssseee

compare that to phil simms total domination of his opponent 24-25 completions............albiet the mcconkey catch was also miraculous

eli is good..........eli is ok

he must step up this year

he won one.........and only due to the biggest miracle since the immaculate reception

puhleasssseee

compare that to phil simms total domination of his opponent 24-25 completions............albiet the mcconkey catch was also miraculous

eli is good..........eli is ok

he must step up this year

he will, he gets better and better every year.