SportsWrath

Sintim

Lughead

Sintim

Giants defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan confirmed that second-rounder Clint Sintim will start at strong-side linebacker.

Sintim will also be moved into a pass-rushing role on third-downs. Along with free agent acquisition Michael Boley on the weak side, the Giants have done a nice job upgrading their linebacking crew around Antonio Pierce. Danny Clark will move to a reserve role this season.

I like it.

Obviously Sheridan being the ex-LB coach knows what to look for in starting material.

........Boley............Pierce............Sintim

Osi...........Canty.............Robbins.......THE BEAST!

Thats a fucking nasty front 7.

There is no way that Sintim will be handed the starting job without earning it first....I don't care what any writer says.

My bet is.....if he shows he's got the stuff, that he will be brought in for obvious passing plays.....especially on 3rd downs.

He's good (IMO), but Boley has a lot of NFL experience and his style fits the Giants defensive scheme perfectly, unlike the scheme used by Atlanta.

If Sintim proves himself.....there's a possibility he'll be starting by the end of the year or sometime next year. Boley is a lot better than some people think and he's going to be hard to knock off his pedestal.

----edited---

my bad....I meant Clark.

There is no way that Sintim will be handed the starting job without earning it first....I don't care what any writer says.

My bet is.....if he shows he's got the stuff, that he will be brought in for obvious passing plays.....especially on 3rd downs.

He's good (IMO), but Boley has a lot of NFL experience and his style fits the Giants defensive scheme perfectly, unlike the scheme used by Atlanta.

If Sintim proves himself.....there's a possibility he'll be starting by the end of the year or sometime next year. Boley is a lot better than some people think and he's going to be hard to knock off his pedestal.

....Umm Boley and Sintim are playing different positions, Sintim has to beat out Clark.

Edit. Even if you meant Clark, he is nothing special and did nothing to help our LB core in the long run. If Sheridan likes Sintim he will be starting from day one.

I think that sentance is worded poorly. I'm pretty sure that they mean that Sintim will be starting out as a SAM LB, not that he has the starting job.

that was exactly what I thought as well. After the draft there was some question whether he would play weak or strong side.

that was exactly what I thought as well. After the draft there was some question whether he would play weak or strong side.

though in my opinion that speculation is weird since in my eyes hes clearly more of a sam than a will, and we also just went out and grabbed a free agent who will clearly start at will.

though in my opinion that speculation is weird since in my eyes hes clearly more of a sam than a will, and we also just went out and grabbed a free agent who will clearly start at will.

as u like, but when they talk about putting the guy in a 3 point stance? How r u going 2 do that from the strong side ( TE ) of th e formation?