SportsWrath

Coughlin interviewed on NFL Network

BleedinBlue

Very interesting interview with Tom Coughlin who sat down with the talking heads after drafting Beckum.

HIghlights of his strategy:

1) "We wanted some big targets for the redzone" - hence, Nicks, Barden, and Beckum open up numerous possibities

2) By having a big fast TE that can go vertical poses all kinds of problems for the defense. TC said he liked having plenty of options to throw at opposing defenses and causes big problems. Both Barden and Beckum force defenses to change their strategy.

3) They're looking "down the road" to be set for the next few years.

4) TC says Sintim will play on the outside, not on the inside and is a tremendous pass rusher for which they want to use him

5) One of the personality analyses they do with potential draftees is to make sure they are "team first" players and "don't care who gets the credit as long as the team wins". TC said that is important to the team and the players picked up so far fit that mold.

With Reese talking about getting some big targets because of the conditions at the end of the season, I'm supremely confident that these guys not only know what they are doing, but have a very definite strategy to bring us into the playoffs in a much stronger position than last year.

With Reese talking about getting some big targets because of the conditions at the end of the season, I'm supremely confident that these guys not only know what they are doing, but have a very definite strategy to bring us into the playoffs in a much stronger position than last year.

I'm telling you Fish, like it or not, we were a deep team last year and it's hard to get even deeper, but we have some serious options now. I just hope Ramses Barden doesn't become another Ron Dixon.

Kicker and safety help. Then we go to bed.

I'm telling you Fish, like it or not, we were a deep team last year and it's hard to get even deeper, but we have some serious options now. I just hope Ramses Barden doesn't become another Ron Dixon.

Well of course we were deeper last year, we had a #1 WR but after he put a bullet in his thy the depth at WR went right down the shitter.

We're taking a team that can win now AND building for the future. Like putting a stick in the sill as brace for the window...