SportsWrath

The Newest Update On Braylon Edwards

Plax 4 Prez

I was on ESPN a minute ago looking at the specs on both Edwards and Boldin. (go to espn.com, then the NFL section, then players, then enter in Edwards) Not only are the Browns wanting a 1st and 3rd for him, but Braylon is asking for over 10 million a year. Fuck him. I'd rather draft a guy, and sign him for much less then what this guy is asking. 10 million a year? Are you fucking kidding me?!? If we do get this guy it won't be for that amount. Jerry Reese is smarter then that. What the hell is this guy thinking?

This is just the "haggling" that goes on.....not unlike buying a car. The Browns are high balling it, the Giants are low balling it. Same with Edwards wanting 10 Mil.

I'll repeat myself: The Giants are sitting in the catbird seat because they do NOT have to take Edwards and have other options. But the Browns (if they don't trade Edwards) will end up with nothing next year when Edwards hits the free agent street and the Browns know that Edwards doesn't want to play in Cleveland anymore so he will be a problem all year. The Browns are very motivated to move him. And....the Browns want something now, rather than nothing later. Last years Jeremy Shockey situation was very similar. The Giants wanted at least a 1 and a 3, but settled for a 2 and a 5 once they realized no one else wanted him and Shockey didn't want to be on the Giants team anymore. New Orleans simply waited it out just as the Giants are simply waiting it out right now.

Edwards has been saying he wants 10Mil a year forever. However, his stats don't justify that kind of money and he knows that. But he'd be a fool not to push for as much as he can get so he's high-balling it. He will realize (if he doesn't already) that no team is willing to give him that much, which means he'll be stuck in Cleveland for another year and may never get the big bucks, especially if he gets injured this season. It's similar to when we got Plax who wanted top dollar to come to NY, but in the end, settled for less and an incentive laden contract. After proving himself, he got a long term contract...and we all know how that turned out. Edwards is in the same boat and will come down in price and will find out that he'll have to prove he's an elite reciever before getting elite money.

This whole thing is a poker game between Reese, Edwards, and the Browns.....and Reese is holding the winning hand and is too sharp to be bluffed.

Don't let the rumors get you down or cause you to panic....it's all part of the game that is played every year. So just let it play out and in the end, the Giants will get Edwards for less than the Browns wanted and Edwards will sign for less than he wants. Just be patient.

This is just the "haggling" that goes on.....not unlike buying a car. The Browns are high balling it, the Giants are low balling it. Same with Edwards wanting 10 Mil.

I'll repeat myself: The Giants are sitting in the catbird seat because they do NOT have to take Edwards and have other options. But the Browns (if they don't trade Edwards) will end up with nothing next year when Edwards hits the free agent street and the Browns know that Edwards doesn't want to play in Cleveland anymore so he will be a problem all year. The Browns are very motivated to move him. And....the Browns want something now, rather than nothing later. Last years Jeremy Shockey situation was very similar. The Giants wanted at least a 1 and a 3, but settled for a 2 and a 5 once they realized no one else wanted him and Shockey didn't want to be on the Giants team anymore. New Orleans simply waited it out just as the Giants are simply waiting it out right now.

Edwards has been saying he wants 10Mil a year forever. However, his stats don't justify that kind of money and he knows that. But he'd be a fool not to push for as much as he can get so he's high-balling it. He will realize (if he doesn't already) that no team is willing to give him that much, which means he'll be stuck in Cleveland for another year and may never get the big bucks, especially if he gets injured this season. It's similar to when we got Plax who wanted top dollar to come to NY, but in the end, settled for less and an incentive laden contract. After proving himself, he got a long term contract...and we all know how that turned out. Edwards is in the same boat and will come down in price and will find out that he'll have to prove he's an elite reciever before getting elite money.

This whole thing is a poker game between Reese, Edwards, and the Browns.....and Reese is holding the winning hand and is too sharp to be bluffed.

Don't let the rumors get you down or cause you to panic....it's all part of the game that is played every year. So just let it play out and in the end, the Giants will get Edwards for less than the Browns wanted and Edwards will sign for less than he wants. Just be patient.

Well said, Bleedin.