SportsWrath

My Take on the upcoming Draft

BleedinBlue

Okay....I'm going crazy trying to find anything new to read about concerning the Giants. And, like every year, I cannot wait until draft day. So, I'm just going to babble my thoughts about this upcoming draft.

First off....there is no way the Giants have room for 10 rookies on the roster even though they have 10 draft picks including 5 in the first 3 rounds.

So...my prediction is that the Giants are looking to trade some (or many) of those picks in order to move up in the draft. On the other hand, if they stand pat and have 5 picks on the first day....that's getting a chance to pick near the top shelf of players. My bet....they package picks and move up to grab a targeted prospect.

I believe they are waiting until draft day to see what Cleveland does with their first pick and then you'll see the Giants package a deal for Edwards. Either that, or Cleveland will push the Giants for a deal before the draft so they can plan their draft strategy.

Out to lunch thought - I think there's a pretty good chance the Giants are eyeballing Brandon Pettigrew and I suspect he'll fall far enough to be gotten at 29. He would open up Smith, Hixon, and the yet unnamed gamebreaking WR.

I think the Giants are primarily interested in a big speedy WR, and a top notch OT....after that, I suspect there'll be a running back as well as a cornerback and safety picked up.....and I really hope they grab one of the premier kickers off the board and develop him to be our kicker of the future. I don't think they are nearly as worried about the linebacker situation as are most people on this board.

Oh well.....certainly everything concerning the draft with the Giants is speculation. But I just have to get some chatter going about the Giants as this board has been dead, dead, dead. And I don't feel like reading anymore about Plax anymore than I feel like reading about William Joseph.

So please - feel free to rip me apart and set me straight!

Im watching Rome is burning right now, Jims got Jeremy Maclin out of LSU on his show. I like this kid. Very bright, good natured, answered hard questions very well, and he looks to be fast as hell. He reminds me of Sinorice Moss w/ talent. :P

I know we arent taking him, but Im impressed with this kid.

dude, that's what I'm saying except I don't think Edwards is the answer and the Giants don't like all the drops. To me it's either Boldin or Crabtree if we want to be the #1 team in the NFC. We don't need 10 picks so let's move on up in the draft or see if the Cardinals would like our picks for a guy unhappy in Arizona. And I defiantly agree on us getting a top notch kicker

Im watching Rome is burning right now, Jims got Jeremy Maclin out of LSU on his show. I like this kid. Very bright, good natured, answered hard questions very well, and he looks to be fast as hell. He reminds me of Sinorice Moss w/ talent. :P

I know we arent taking him, but Im impressed with this kid.

Maclin is from Missouri, and yeah I like him I didn't during the combine he looked bad. As of late he has been impressive we won't get him but he could still be key in the Giants draft plans I have Cleveland taking him #5 overall which could mean a trade for Braylon Edwards to us, or they keep Edwards and pair him with Maclin. Apparently Cleveland also really likes Crabtree

If we package our first and one of the seconds to move up in the first round I would love to see them go OT. A young blue chip left tackle can be groomed for 2010 and add immediate depth to our line.

we could then:

cut that useless fat ass Kevin Boothe

take a good hard look at McKenzie and make a call on the last 2 years of his contract at the end of the '09 season

free Diehl up to move back to the right side in '10 if the guy is ready

If we package our first and one of the seconds to move up in the first round I would love to see them go OT. A young blue chip left tackle can be groomed for 2010 and add immediate depth to our line.

we could then:

cut that useless fat ass Kevin Boothe

take a good hard look at McKenzie and make a call on the last 2 years of his contract at the end of the '09 season

free Diehl up to move back to the right side in '10 if the guy is ready

I would rather see Diehl moved inside to guard, I would love to see a tackle like Michael Oher taking in the 1st round though I am not thrilled with any recievers avaiable in round one and don't think any of them can be any better then Manningham and Hixon, unless its Howard Bey I don't want a reciever in round one.

I would rather see Diehl moved inside to guard, I would love to see a tackle like Michael Oher taking in the 1st round though I am not thrilled with any recievers avaiable in round one and don't think any of them can be any better then Manningham and Hixon, unless its Howard Bey I don't want a reciever in round one.

Diehl can definately play him some left guard as well but do you prefer

Diehl ( LG ); McKenzie ( RT )

or

Seubert ( LG ); Diehl ( RT )

all of course assuming we draft a horse to play LT

Maclin is from Missouri, and yeah I like him I didn't during the combine he looked bad. As of late he has been impressive we won't get him but he could still be key in the Giants draft plans I have Cleveland taking him #5 overall which could mean a trade for Braylon Edwards to us, or they keep Edwards and pair him with Maclin. Apparently Cleveland also really likes Crabtree

LOL...thats right. It says "Tigers" on his shirt and the first thing that came to mind was LSU. My bad.

Diehl can definately play him some left guard as well but do you prefer

Diehl ( LG ); McKenzie ( RT )

or

Seubert ( LG ); Diehl ( RT )

all of course assuming we draft a horse to play LT

do you think Adam Koets could do anything at RT or LT