SportsWrath

Kenny Britt

K3VIN

Average speed...Lacks great quickness and acceleration...Unreliable hands and will drop some balls...Does not get a lot of separation...Has some lapses in concentration...Is not very elusive...Questionable work ethic...Is cocky and has some typical star receiver character concerns.

2nd highest number of reps on the bench press at his position in the combine. Brooks Foster of North Carolina did the most, a player that will be lucky to get drafted. Kenny Britt's 4.5 40 is on par with Hakeem Nicks, Joaquin Iglesias and Brian Robiskie. I read that he ran a low to mid 4.4 40 at the Rutgers pro day. Mike Mayock had him at 4.43 and 4.45. That is blazing speed for someone his size. He is not the quickest player, guys like Maclin and Harvin are. But the Giants already have receivers like that, that's not what they need to be looking for.

KaySlay, your post was almost troll-worthy. If you cited a credible source than fine. But some idiot from Rutgers is not a reliable source. More than likely they are jealous of Britt's prospects. I just don't understand the point. If you don't like him, fine, but stating things as fact from no source or questionable sources, that's not necessary.

Britt is a player that produced big numbers on an otherwise average team. He finds the endzone, and is a bitch to tackle. He has plenty of speed for a guy his size and strength. At the Rutger's pro day, Britt was interviewed and said he was "a godly man" when asked what he brings to an NFL team. Hopefully, that is not just lip service and he would keep himself out of trouble. You never know when these young athletes get so much money at such such a youthful time, but you have that concern with every player in the draft, really. Britt has a package that will probably make him a very successful WR in the NFL.

nfldraftcountdown.com my friends.

So you just picked the weaknesses to quote and not the strengths?

Strengths:

Excellent height...Great bulk...Long arms...Knows how to use his size to his advantage...Terrific ball skills and body control...An explosive leaper...Excellent strength...Pretty good route runner...Physical and aggressive...Runs hard and can do some damage after the catch...Not afraid to go over the middle...Top-notch gamer and competitor...Can beat the jam...Great blocker...Supremely confident...Very productive.

2nd highest number of reps on the bench press at his position in the combine. Brooks Foster of North Carolina did the most, a player that will be lucky to get drafted. Kenny Britt's 4.5 40 is on par with Hakeem Nicks, Joaquin Iglesias and Brian Robiskie. I read that he ran a low to mid 4.4 40 at the Rutgers pro day. Mike Mayock had him at 4.43 and 4.45. That is blazing speed for someone his size. He is not the quickest player, guys like Maclin and Harvin are. But the Giants already have receivers like that, that's not what they need to be looking for.

KaySlay, your post was almost troll-worthy. If you cited a credible source than fine. But some idiot from Rutgers is not a reliable source. More than likely they are jealous of Britt's prospects. I just don't understand the point. If you don't like him, fine, but stating things as fact from no source or questionable sources, that's not necessary.

Britt is a player that produced big numbers on an otherwise average team. He finds the endzone, and is a bitch to tackle. He has plenty of speed for a guy his size and strength. At the Rutger's pro day, Britt was interviewed and said he was "a godly man" when asked what he brings to an NFL team. Hopefully, that is not just lip service and he would keep himself out of trouble. You never know when these young athletes get so much money at such such a youthful time, but you have that concern with every player in the draft, really. Britt has a package that will probably make him a very successful WR in the NFL.

he drops a lot of balls. Hes on the shorter side of 6-3 and although you might not think its a big difference from being 6'4, it makes a world of difference when your CB is 5 10 and probly has good leaping ability. that extra inch is a difference maker. Plax had the ability to get separation. guys like nicks and britt cant do it at the college level leads me to belive they wont be able to do it at the Pros.

strengths:

Excellent height, great bulk, long arms, knows how to use his size to his advantage, terrific ball skills and body control, an explosive leaper, excellent strength, pretty good route runner, physical and aggressive, runs hard and can do some damage after the catch, not afraid to go over the middle, top notch gamer and competitor, can beat the jam, great blocker, supremely confident, very productive.

strengths:

Excellent height, great bulk, long arms, knows how to use his size to his advantage, terrific ball skills and body control, an explosive leaper, excellent strength, pretty good route runner, physical and aggressive, runs hard and can do some damage after the catch, not afraid to go over the middle, top notch gamer and competitor, can beat the jam, great blocker, supremely confident, very productive.

Funny thing is there positive always seem to be there negatives. idk just my gut feeling he wont do squat in the pros. i think alot of like him deep down because he goes to rutgers and we want a local product. I wouldn't waste a first on him. If we are going Wr in the first id rather us trade it for Braylon Edwards( yes there a little Michigan Homerism here)

i could care less if he went to rutgers.

and i honestly think between him,nicks and robiskie is a crapshoot.

and i think even without burress or a traded for WR an early rookie is maybe our 4th wr

i could care less if he went to rutgers.

and i honestly think between him,nicks and robiskie is a crapshoot.

and i think even without burress or a traded for WR an early rookie is maybe our 4th wr

Pdouble, I agree with you. I am not a New Yorker. I live in Florida. I'm a Florida State fan. I couldn't care less if he went to Rutgers or the dreaded Gators, my opinion would remain the same. The way I see it, though, if the Giants take a WR with a first round pick it is a crapshoot between Nicks, Britt, and DHB. Robiskie reminds me of a Cris Carter or Amani Toomer type of receiver. Runs great routes, great hands, and has NFL smarts. I think Britt reminds me more of a T.O. type of receiver, and since everyone hates him, let me change that comparison to, say... Andre Johnson. A guy that is big and dangerous, can beat you deep and out-physical you. That's why I prefer Britt. Nicks reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin. I think either of the two would be great choices.

Here's some weaknesses from nfldraftcountdown.com, you tell me the player:

Weaknesses:

Lacks great timed speed...Does not get a lot of separation...Played in an unorthodox offense that pumped up his numbers and didn't require him to run a lot of NFL routes...Will get contested vertically...Still has room to improve as a blocker...Has issues with ball security...Health and durability may be concerns...Just two years of playing experience.

Pdouble, I agree with you. I am not a New Yorker. I live in Florida. I'm a Florida State fan. I couldn't care less if he went to Rutgers or the dreaded Gators, my opinion would remain the same. The way I see it, though, if the Giants take a WR with a first round pick it is a crapshoot between Nicks, Britt, and DHB. Robiskie reminds me of a Cris Carter or Amani Toomer type of receiver. Runs great routes, great hands, and has NFL smarts. I think Britt reminds me more of a T.O. type of receiver, and since everyone hates him, let me change that comparison to, say... Andre Johnson. A guy that is big and dangerous, can beat you deep and out-physical you. That's why I prefer Britt. Nicks reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin. I think either of the two would be great choices.

Britt does not have Andre Speed. Andre is one the fastest players in the nfl.

Here's some weaknesses from nfldraftcountdown.com, you tell me the player:

Weaknesses:

Lacks great timed speed...Does not get a lot of separation...Played in an unorthodox offense that pumped up his numbers and didn't require him to run a lot of NFL routes...Will get contested vertically...Still has room to improve as a blocker...Has issues with ball security...Health and durability may be concerns...Just two years of playing experience.

Micheal Crabtree future Nfl draft blunder

Here's another:

Weaknesses:

Played in a spread offense...Not a polished route runner...Needs to get stronger...Will have some lapses in concentration...Won't break many tackles...Is not overly tough or physical...Gives good effort but isn't a great blocker...Durability is a concern...Only two years of experience.

And yet one more:

Weaknesses:

Can be too aggressive at times and will overpursue...Not quite as tall as you'd prefer...Pass rush repertoire is limited...Marginal change of direction skills...May have some trouble when it comes to recognition in coverage....Is not particularly fluid when he is forced to flip his hips.

Britt does not have Andre Speed. Andre is one the fastest players in the nfl.

Johnson ran a mid 4.4 40 before the '03 draft, same as Britt on his pro day. It's not all about speed, KaySlay. It's important but only one element of 'beating' a defense. Johnson is fast but NOT one of the fastest in the NFL.

he drops a lot of balls. Hes on the shorter side of 6-3 and although you might not think its a big difference from being 6'4, it makes a world of difference when your CB is 5 10 and probly has good leaping ability. that extra inch is a difference maker. Plax had the ability to get separation. guys like nicks and britt cant do it at the college level leads me to belive they wont be able to do it at the Pros.

Funny thing is there positive always seem to be there negatives. idk just my gut feeling he wont do squat in the pros. i think alot of like him deep down because he goes to rutgers and we want a local product. I wouldn't waste a first on him. If we are going Wr in the first id rather us trade it for Braylon Edwards( yes there a little Michigan Homerism here)

:confused:

should i bring up daynes postives?

My point is that you can post anyone's weaknesses without the positives and all you are doing is painting an incomplete picture of someone else's opinion anyway. It's pointless. At least give the whole picture. Aaron Curry is one of the best and highly regarded defensive prospects to come out of college football in recent memory but if you only read his weaknesses as I pasted above you wouldn't think he was going to be a very good player. We can do this for great and poor players all day. But my point is that it really is pointless. You don't like Britt, ok, fine. But at least if you are going to post something, post the positives with your weaknesses of the quoted scouting report, because otherwise it comes off disingenuous.

andre an 4.42 britt was a 4.47 according to nfldraftcountdown

Mayock timed Britt at 4.43 on the Rutgers pro day. Rutgers posted a 4.4 flat 40 for Britt, but I wouldn't take stock in that too much. Either way, it doesn't matter. They are both big and fast. Either way, Britt has excellent speed for a receiver his size.