SportsWrath

Kenny Britt

K3VIN

Mayock timed Britt at 4.43 on the Rutgers pro day. Rutgers posted a 4.4 flat 40 for Britt, but I wouldn't take stock in that too much. Either way, it doesn't matter. They are both big and fast. Either way, Britt has excellent speed for a receiver his size.

Im going bye combine speeds. never the less, at the probowl speed competion Andre placed second in the fastest competion.

look at what braylon did the year before.but Proven game changer vs a 2nd round unproven Wr?

I was only showing the humor in those two posts. You point out that you don't like Britt because he drops the ball, but you want Edwards who led the league in drops last year.

I would also like to see Braylon Edwards on the team and I think first round wide receivers are just about as risky as quarterbacks. Tough to tell how a player will translate to the pros.

Dropping so many balls your team changes quartersbacks is not a game changer.

Look at Braylon game vs us. i view him and andre johnson are both just has good as T.o but with out the head case

Im going bye combine speeds. never the less, at the probowl speed competion Andre placed second in the fastest competion.

Dude, the last pro bowl skills challenge was 2007, and that is hardly a benchmark because of the small sample of players, and wasn't he up against only other WR's?

When you are talking about fastest players in the NFL you've got to look at guys like Devin Hester and Chris Johnson. I also heard Fabian Washington had a ridiculous 40 time.

Average speed...Lacks great quickness and acceleration...Unreliable hands and will drop some balls...Does not get a lot of separation...Has some lapses in concentration...Is not very elusive...Questionable work ethic...Is cocky and has some typical star receiver character concerns.

Who is Terrel Owens?

jeopardy-alex-trebek.jpg

Dude, the last pro bowl skills challenge was 2007, and that is hardly a benchmark because of the small sample of players, and wasn't he up against only other WR's?

When you are talking about fastest players in the NFL you've got to look at guys like Devin Hester and Chris Johnson. I also heard Fabian Washington had a ridiculous 40 time.

it was back in 06 and he went against all players but they all lost to a special guest player i forgot the guys name.

Drops stats 2008:

2nd was Dwayne Bowe, 3rd Brandon Marshall. In the top 10: Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Randy Moss, Dallas Clark, Chad Johnson. That was just the AFC.

In the NFC:

T.O. led the conference, followed by Calvin Johson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, and Greg Jennings.

Some pretty great players have had a lot of drops. Why? Because the ball is being thrown to them a lot more. If Braylon comes to NY, leads the NFL in drops, but gives us 1200 yards with 10+ TD's, I'd be more than happy and he is capable of doing that.

Plus drops are kind of like interceptions. Sometimes they are more on the Quarterback's fault, sometimes more on the receiver.

it was back in 06 and he went against all players but they all lost to a special guest player i forgot the guys name.

Pro Bowl Skills Challenge - STILL not a reliable measure. He's fast, better than average, but not one of the fastest in the NFL.

Kenny Britt will be going to the Giants for a private work out. If he impresses the coaches and FO I feel they will move up in the draft by trading one of Shockey's picks to pick ahead of Philadelphia. All this depending on the Plax situation and the trade talks with Cleveland and or Arizona.

Kenny Britt will be going to the Giants for a private work out. If he impresses the coaches and FO I feel they will move up in the draft by trading one of Shockey's picks to pick ahead of Philadelphia. All this depending on the Plax situation and the trade talks with Cleveland and or Arizona.

So we're going to move up in the 1st to draft a guy who's really a 2nd round prospect?

Interesting.

Kenny Britt Pros and Con on Nflfan.com

Pros: Great size and strength, tough to bring down, fights for extra yards, great at jumping up and getting ball at its highest point, can be a good blocker, good YAC guy, great hands, good route runner, Not flashy but all around solid.

Cons: No 2nd gear to go deep, not the best at double moves, Doesn't always give maximum effort, speed not the best, has character issues and red flags.

So we're going to move up in the 1st to draft a guy who's really a 2nd round prospect?

Interesting.

His stock will rise as we get closer to Draft day. Plus we will know more by Tuesday what Direction/Position we will need to lean closer to with or first pick on Draft day.

To me Britt sounds like a Bolden than A Fitzgerald As stated in the posted link from Socalscholar

Also If he can "T.O."(playmaking ability) our Team with out "T.O.ing"(cancer)our team why not go for him?

here is the write up from Socalscholar's post about Britt

4. Kenny Britt is going in Round 1.

9384204_36_2.jpgKenny Britt is poised to become Rutgers' latest draft steal (aka Ray Rice to the Ravens last season). (Scott Boehm / Getty Images) The draft is filled with talented receivers who rank among the top 40 prospects. Britt doesn't get the buzz that some others receive and you won't find him going in Round 1 in most mock drafts, but his college career was highly decorated and his pro prospects burn bright.

And unlike some fast risers on draft boards, Britt isn't a workout wonder. Sure, he looked the part at the combine and the Rutgers pro day. But he actually has the body of work to prove it.

Britt is a red-zone target at the NFL level with his great hands and 6-3, 220-pound body. He had 14 100-yard games at Rutgers, tying someone named Larry Fitzgerald for the most 100-yard games in Big East history.

Britt is a high-character guy and a great worker. He has caught over 100 balls every day in preparation for the draft while spending time working on route running with the great Rod Smith.

His red-zone knack has some executives comparing his on-field game to Terrell Owens.

Don't be surprised to hear his name called by the Titans, Giants, Dolphins, Ravens or Colts in the first round.

any WR in the draft is a krap shoot

they run the ball in college

its not the same game......

best we draft LB, OTin 1st and take care of WR RB in later rounds

we ned to draft 2 LBers, 2 WRs and a saftey

:wacko: If anything college is more wide open, Jack... a lot more spread offenses, but it differs among the programs. But they are far more pass-happy offenses in college than say a program like Navy, which relies heavily on the run.

We have to get receiver right... the other needs are not as pressing.