SportsWrath

Plax could be Back in 09

Lughead

If he some how avoids Jail time in March.

January 30, 2009

NFL will wait before punishing Plax

When Plaxico Burress shot himself in November, he's lucky it was his first offense. Otherwise he might already have been suspended from the NFL.

That seemed to be what NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said earlier when he addressed, for the first time, why the league hasn't punished Burress yet, even though it's been two months since he shot himself in the thigh. The league consistently has said it's waiting for the legal process to play itself out before taking any action.

Goodell said the NFL might not have waited if Burress had any prior violations of the Personal Conduct Policy.

"Our rules and our policy are quite clear from when we revised our personal conduct policy that we're looking to deal with repeat offenders," Goodell said. "We may not wait for the legal process to conclude when we have repeat offenders. You can have a false accusation once, maybe twice. When you start getting into multiple accusations, you are putting yourself in the wrong position. You are making the wrong decision. You are in the wrong places. At that point in time, you are reflecting poorly on the NFL, yourself, your teammates. That does damage for all of us."

The interesting part about the Personal Conduct Policy, though, is that it was crafted so that the commissioner didn't necessarily need a conviction to act. It states that any action that embarrasses the league or hurts its image can draw a suspension or a fine. In the past, simple charges have resulted in league punishment.

But for a first-time offender - which apparently Burress is - Goodell apparently prefers patience. It's not that Burress won't eventually be suspended, but he's apparently going to get his day in court first.

"I'm very firm on the fact that everyone deserves the opportunity to be defended," Goodell said. "Everyone has the opportunity, if they make a mistake, to deal with that, and deal with it within the legal process. We understand that many times, our players are targets, and we can't rush to judgment. But again, multiple offenses over a period of time, you are putting yourself in the wrong position. And it reflects poorly."

By Ralph Vacchiano on January 30, 2009 5:05 PM

He's going to spend time in jail... The more I look at it, the more I am convinced he is going to get into some big trouble...

Unfortunately, as a first year law student, here's what I know....

1. Him carrying an unregistered gun in public is an undisputed fact

2. Him discharging the gun into his leg, whether it was accidental or not is an undisputed fact

All the elements of the statutory definition are met, meaning he can and SHOULD (not my opinion but this according to law) be sentenced in this case.

It is not going to really be relevant that to explain how his fellow teammates have been robbed at gunpoint and or shot. It has nothing to do with the statutory elements. Add the forced testimony of Antonio Pierce to the case and Plax's outlook is not too great.

Hopefully his lawyer can work some OJ like magic. Also, I think it was disgraceful how Bloomberg called for the guys head just a day or two after the incident without knowing all the facts. I guess we'll see...

He's going to spend time in jail... The more I look at it, the more I am convinced he is going to get into some big trouble...

Unfortunately, as a first year law student, here's what I know....

1. Him carrying an unregistered gun in public is an undisputed fact

2. Him discharging the gun into his leg, whether it was accidental or not is an undisputed fact

All the elements of the statutory definition are met, meaning he can and SHOULD (not my opinion but this according to law) be sentenced in this case.

It is not going to really be relevant that to explain how his fellow teammates have been robbed at gunpoint and or shot. It has nothing to do with the statutory elements. Add the forced testimony of Antonio Pierce to the case and Plax's outlook is not too great.

Hopefully his lawyer can work some OJ like magic. Also, I think it was disgraceful how Bloomberg called for the guys head just a day or two after the incident without knowing all the facts. I guess we'll see...

I think its a lot brighter than all that BTPF...its called jury nullification my friend, of which I know you are aware. The guy has one of the best defense lawyers in the business and the negative pre trial publicity from Mayor For Life Papa Doc Bloomberg has turned off a lot of people. These fat cats drain the world economy; destroy the U.S. economy; both the City and the State are so fucking broke its beyond belief all on the watch and the active help of cocksuckers like Bloomberg and yet we are supposed to be all ready for the pitchfork and bonfire for Plax. I don't think this kind of misdirection is going to work here.

I think its a lot brighter than all that BTPF...its called jury nullification my friend, of which I know you are aware. The guy has one of the best defense lawyers in the business and the negative pre trial publicity from Mayor For Life Papa Doc Bloomberg has turned off a lot of people. These fat cats drain the world economy; destroy the U.S. economy; both the City and the State are so fucking broke its beyond belief all on the watch and the active help of cocksuckers like Bloomberg and yet we are supposed to be all ready for the pitchfork and bonfire for Plax. I don't think this kind of misdirection is going to work here.

I hope your right. I love Plax as a player and actually bought my only authentic jersey I've ever owned for number 17 after the 2007 season. I know some people hate him but I can't see this event not causing a 180 for him. I would take him back in a heartbeat. Too bad the Giants are not known for showing much patience with troubled players with the exception of Lawrence Taylor. As for pre-trial jury selection, you are right and I am sure his lawyer will get the majority of people he wants up there to determine the man's fate. But if the judge finds that the jury accepted certain facts and came out with a not guilty nonetheless, there is always the possibility of him stepping in to exert his power as well.

I hope your right. I love Plax as a player and actually bought my only authentic jersey I've ever owned for number 17 after the 2007 season. I know some people hate him but I can't see this event not causing a 180 for him. I would take him back in a heartbeat. Too bad the Giants are not known for showing much patience with troubled players with the exception of Lawrence Taylor. As for pre-trial jury selection, you are right and I am sure his lawyer will get the majority of people he wants up there to determine the man's fate. But if the judge finds that the jury accepted certain facts and came out with a not guilty nonetheless, there is always the possibility of him stepping in to exert his power as well.

True that...hopefully he gets a real jurist and not some pure political hack. Any jurist worth their salt would have an appreciation that we are not dealing with Al Capone or war crimes here. LOL!!! Too bad the doc tried to give them a pass instead of reporting it. Because Papa Doc really used that against him. As if he would stand still and take some rap himself in or out of office. What bogus bullshit all of this crap is. Hope the cocksucker gets voted out of office.

True that...hopefully he gets a real jurist and not some pure political hack. Any jurist worth their salt would have an appreciation that we are not dealing with Al Capone or war crimes here. LOL!!! Too bad the doc tried to give them a pass instead of reporting it. Because Papa Doc really used that against him. As if he would stand still and take some rap himself in or out of office. What bogus bullshit all of this crap is. Hope the cocksucker gets voted out of office.

Me too. He makes me ashamed of being from New York. He's a joke - and a media hog too (long before the plax incident)

I hope everything works out for him. I would like to see him back and as long as his coaches and teammates feel the same way, I would welcome him with open arms. We aren't trying to cure cancer here, just trying to win football games. It's funny, Bloomberg comes out with this diatribe against Plax yet Bernie Madoff, a man who stole billions(including from charities) and destroyed the lives of so many people is allowed to stay in his penthouse and cook breakfast for himself every morning. Some lonely inmate should be having him for breakfast right now. Anyway, I digress. Plaxico is a playmaker and regardless of what road the team would take to replace him, I highly doubt anyone they bring in could replicate what he brings to the offense.

Agree with the Madoff statement....already there has been one suicide accredited to this bastards machinations; yet like you said he is allowed to have his maid bring him his breakfast in the morning; have his eggs poached and his toast buttered. Anyone who does not think there are at least two different legal systems is simply out of touch. That guy should die in prison.

I hope everything works out for him. I would like to see him back and as long as his coaches and teammates feel the same way, I would welcome him with open arms. We aren't trying to cure cancer here, just trying to win football games. It's funny, Bloomberg comes out with this diatribe against Plax yet Bernie Madoff, a man who stole billions(including from charities) and destroyed the lives of so many people is allowed to stay in his penthouse and cook breakfast for himself every morning. Some lonely inmate should be having him for breakfast right now. Anyway, I digress. Plaxico is a playmaker and regardless of what road the team would take to replace him, I highly doubt anyone they bring in could replicate what he brings to the offense.

Thats a fucking great point .... Why the hell has Bloomberg not come out and tried his ass in the papers as well like he did Plax?

I have a feeling this is a classic example of one rich jewish guy taking care of another. <_<

Thats a fucking great point .... Why the hell has Bloomberg not come out and tried his ass in the papers as well like he did Plax?

I have a feeling this is a classic example of one rich jewish guy taking care of another. <_<

the dog is wondering why is ethnicity matters in this? anyhow, the dog doesn't understand why everyone chooses to support some criminal behavior when it supports the giants and vigilantly crucify others from oppossing teams? if he committed a crime, he is up for the penalty it holds...nothing else matters in this case...

the dog is wondering why is ethnicity matters in this? anyhow, the dog doesn't understand why everyone chooses to support some criminal behavior when it supports the giants and vigilantly crucify others from oppossing teams? if he committed a crime, he is up for the penalty it holds...nothing else matters in this case...

the dog should open a fucking paper and pay attention then. Madoff and Bloomberg pray at the same temple, a temple that Madoff ALSO ripped off. Sine their "ethnicity" links the two(more like religion, but if you want to call it ethnicity and look stupid far be it from me of depriving you of what you want) its relevant in the course of the conversation as to why Bloomberg buts his nose into the Burress situation, yet keeps as quiet as a church mouse when it comes to Madoff.

Carry one now with not knowing what the fuck you are talking about :TU:

the dog should open a fucking paper and pay attention then. Madoff and Bloomberg pray at the same temple, a temple that Madoff ALSO ripped off. Sine their "ethnicity" links the two(more like religion, but if you want to call it ethnicity and look stupid far be it from me of depriving you of what you want) its relevant in the course of the conversation as to why Bloomberg buts his nose into the Burress situation, yet keeps as quiet as a church mouse when it comes to Madoff.

In fact many Jewish charities, schools and individual Jewish investors were screwed up the fuck all. Typical glad handing ethnic scam where one of your own screws you over. I know the point you were trying to and did make. Plenty of this type of scum in every community. Madoff made most of his dough through word of mouth where he was recommended to various Jewish entities as the man to see as he promised an average of a 20% return on investment and in some cases 50%. Anyone with half a brain not blinded by the false bonhomie of ethnic solidarity would have told him to fuck off. One of my old cousins (a Black guy) was involved in a classic investment Ponzi scheme where he attempted to recruit friends, family and business associates. I and a few sane members of the family told him to fuck off. Whereas others dove in and were seeing great returns....that is until one day cousin was not there.

In fact many Jewish charities, schools and individual Jewish investors were screwed up the fuck all. Typical glad handing ethnic scam where one of your own screws you over. I know the point you were trying to and did make. Plenty of this type of scum in every community. Madoff made most of his dough through word of mouth where he was recommended to various Jewish entities as the man to see as he promised an average of a 20% return on investment and in some cases 50%. Anyone with half a brain not blinded by the false bonhomie of ethnic solidarity would have told him to fuck off. One of my old cousins (a Black guy) was involved in a classic investment Ponzi scheme where he attempted to recruit friends, family and business associates. I and a few sane members of the family told him to fuck off. Whereas others dove in and were seeing great returns....that is until one day cousin was not there.

You understood the point because you have a fucking clue as to what is going on.

I did not like where he was trying to go with that and it pissed me off. Its nice to see that people are not as misinformed.

I don't think anyone is "supporting" his criminal behavior. They are simply pointing to lack of consistency across the board in regards to the criminal justice system and sentencing.

wow, you sure have become a tight little guy in a year's time...

actually, those of jewish decent would often argue it defines an ethnicity, not just a religion (feel free to utilize the google search engine should you choose to do so)...and quite frankly, the dog doesn't concern himself with who attends what temple. no reason to bring race/ethnicity/religion into the discussion (if he is treating one more fairly than the other, well, the dog thinks thats all you need to concern yourself with)...

bottom line - burress (if proven guilty) broke the law, a law that is clear whether it is agreed on or not...he should be held to the punishment that defines the law...nobody told him to carry a weapon he didn't know how to handle in the pocket of his sweat pants...he did...let's be thankful he didn't shoot some innocent person out for a drink and a good time...now you go carry on, and enjoy your evening...the dog hopes you are able to find that pleasurable lad from a year ago who wasn't always so ornary...

wow, you sure have become a tight little guy in a year's time...

actually, those of jewish decent would often argue it defines an ethnicity, not just a religion (feel free to utilize the google search engine should you choose to do so)...and quite frankly, the dog doesn't concern himself with who attends what temple. no reason to bring race/ethnicity/religion into the discussion (if he is treating one more fairly than the other, well, the dog thinks thats all you need to concern yourself with)...

bottom line - burress (if proven guilty) broke the law, a law that is clear whether it is agreed on or not...he should be held to the punishment that defines the law...nobody told him to carry a weapon he didn't know how to handle in the pocket of his sweat pants...he did...let's be thankful he didn't shoot some innocent person out for a drink and a good time...now you go carry on, and enjoy your evening...the dog hopes you are able to find that pleasurable lad from a year ago who wasn't always so ornary...

I have no problem with you stating the obvious when it comes to Burress.

I have a problem with you implying my comment on their link together from both being jewish is anything other than what it is, 2 guys, both jewish who go to the same temple, my guess is that if Bloomberg hung out in the same circles as Burress he also would have kept his mouth shut on that one. If you were as informed as you seem to think you are, you would question why Bloomberg has kept mum on this matter. The fact that he is a)jewish and b) attends the same temple as the man is relevant in the course of the discussion as to how it pertains to him not saying a word about it.

I am not ornary at all, I have just come to realize that you are nothing more than an asshole who comes here to start shit with Giant fans. That does not bother me. I am glad you do not care that both these men are jewish, stand up higher on your moral platform and say what you really meant(I was bringing race and religion into it). Sadly if you knew anything at all about the case of Madoff you would realize that is the link to the two.

Everyone is glad you do not want to bring that into the discussion, its whats relevant as to why nothing has been said by the mayor. I would have to believe that if the Dog were a Nyer duped out of millions of dollars you would have a real sense of anger that your citys mayor holds a press conference to denounce the horrible acts of a stupid idiot who shot himself, yet keeps mum about a man who stole over 50 billion dollars from friends and relegious members he knew.

madoff is a prick but the 2 cases are apples and oranges. bloomberg commented on plax because he endangered lives- pretty cut and dried.

One could say that two people slashing their wrists because of that prick not only endangered, but ended lives.....

I agree with TBCvP and x on this one. Madoff (I mean really did he change his name to this before he made off with everyone's money?) is walking around like and untouchable in NYC after bilking thousands of people and 100's of BILLIONS of DOLLARS and more than likely ruining peoples lives. point is Plax "potentially" screwed himself . Madoff Screwed thousands while he sat in a pew next to Bloomberg yet goofberg leads the charge of righteousness right down Plax's throat. How many shootings are there in NYC in a given day? do you see Bloomy out there leading the charge to clean up a shot up alley way full if piss,spilt booze and broken bottles?

Maybe he is at church with MADEOFF praying that the streets will clean themselfs .....as he sweats that out MADEOFF hands him a few Grand the wipe the sweat away from his poor brow.

Just so happens they are both jewish dose not make this anti-semetic . Goofbergs high horse only knows a freshly blazed trail to the house of One Mr. Plaxico Burress. But when he returns he can always head of to Bernnies for the weekend.

The point is they both did wrong but the extremes at wich he went after Plax and how he fluffed of MADEOFF is disturbing none the least.

I am not looking at this as a

Black thing or

a Jewish thing or

a white thing

what's right is right and thats the way I feel ..... I feel Bloomberg is pandering to one "wrong doer" and chastising another "wrong doer"..... that shit aint right.

one could, but you're a smart guy and you get what i mean. madoff will not be charged with manslaughter.

I know blu, neither should Plax for that matter. Its not about defending Plax for what he did, he is an idiot and should be punished with whatever penalty they give him(probably something money and a good lawyer will lessen), its just that the mayor should butt the fuck out on this. He is trying the man in the papers before all the facts come out.

Bloomberg has a history of this. When NYPD shoot and kill some criminal(you know the ones like Plax that Bloomberg just rails on and on about)he is normally the first one to condemn them before all the facts come out. He was especially into this practice in 2008 when he was looking for councilmen support in lower income areas to try and change the term limits law.

Bloomberg is unfair... :cwy: Let's not prosecute any gun toting athletes (especially those that play for the Giants) until all of the government bias and corruption is stopped and all of the wall street theives are put behind bars...That's a good idea! :clap:

Here is what I LOVE about this post: Giants are on a winning streak, Plax get's busted, most of this board wants him gone because the Giants are better than that (especially better than those evil texans) and the Giants are going to "do the right thing" and send a message to the league. :flex:

Fast foward a few weeks later, Hixon is a BUST, the Giants are PUNCHED in the mouth by what amounts to an AVERAGE Philadelphia team, and the board wants Plax back because...

People deserve second chances and...well...while shooting guns in a night club is bad because it could give someone a BOO-BOO, Plax wasn't running a dreaded Ponzi scheme...

After all, when I hit the clubs in NY, I am always careful I am not SHOT in the head by a PONZI SCHEME.

HYPOCRISY...If Manning could actual throw in the wind and the Giants went back to the Superbowl, this topic would not exists and nobody would miss Burress...

Comparing Plax to Madoff is silly. All criminals must be punished and if the law requires jail time them off to jail you go.

You're franchise QB needs to start begging for a different WR... :baby: And the Giants better listen...or else Daddy will find him a new team...we've seen it happen before... :LMAO:

Bloomberg is unfair... :cwy: Let's not prosecute any gun toting athletes (especially those that play for the Giants) until all of the government bias and corruption is stopped and all of the wall street theives are put behind bars...That's a good idea! :clap:

Here is what I LOVE about this post: Giants are on a winning streak, Plax get's busted, most of this board wants him gone because the Giants are better than that (especially better than those evil texans) and the Giants are going to "do the right thing" and send a message to the league. :flex:

Fast foward a few weeks later, Hixon is a BUST, the Giants are PUNCHED in the mouth by what amounts to an AVERAGE Philadelphia team, and the board wants Plax back because...

People deserve second chances and...well...while shooting guns in a night club is bad because it could give someone a BOO-BOO, Plax wasn't running a dreaded Ponzi scheme...

After all, when I hit the clubs in NY, I am always careful I am not SHOT in the head by a PONZI SCHEME.

HYPOCRISY...If Manning could actual throw in the wind and the Giants went back to the Superbowl, this topic would not exists and nobody would miss Burress...

Comparing Plax to Madoff is silly. All criminals must be punished and if the law requires jail time them off to jail you go.

You're franchise QB needs to start begging for a different WR... :baby: And the Giants better listen...or else Daddy will find him a new team...we've seen it happen before... :LMAO:

The reason this came up is because of Bloomberg's involvement of both MADEOFF and Plax Bloomberg rubs elbows with one while he spearheads the Other and already has him in jail in the papers.

Plax Did wrong we all agree to that but with bloombergs metaling into the case he may well be free or in and out before the season starts. Is he a changed man we shall see.....IF he comes back and atones for what he has done and preforms the way he did in '07 then this will be a bump in the road . perhaps it was a lifestyle changing insident....we shall see. How about Pacman Jones ? after his 12th chance has he changed ? he seems to think so and also has this deluisional vision that he is still on the cowboy's roster.

any way how is the Soap opera going in Dallas ? When Irvin "Cut's" a guy from his so called "reality show" does he do it with scissors ? oh and how about that you tube vid from Bennet??? or who ever that was . T. O. is done in Dallas. Enjoy your 5 yard Romo to witten dump offs next season.

All criminals must be punished and if the law requires jail time them off to jail you go.

Were you singing that tune in the early and mid 1990's?

And as for the knock against Eli Manning, dude....your team employs Tony Romo..I figure

that be enough of an insult until the guy dies.