SportsWrath

"The Mets are choke artists" Cole Hamels

RandolphScott

I never figured the Phillies would be classy, humble champions. I'm sure Rollins and Myers will have some words for the Mets in March. I don't get their obsession with the Mets. Rollins started it, blamed the Mets for it, and they still won't shut up. They've proven they are better than the Mets 2 years in a row, and won a championship. Let it go.

You guys are absolutely incredible. Wallowing in your sorrow is getting kinda old. Do you actually believe that

A. He wasn't lead right into that so called "quote"?

B. It isn't true?

Come on dudes...spit that bitter pill out of your mouths and get honest about your team. WIN a freaking World Series after blowing the NL apart during the regular season, and NO ONE will ever call you "choke artists" again.

You guys are absolutely incredible. Wallowing in your sorrow is getting kinda old. Do you actually believe that

A. He wasn't lead right into that so called "quote"?

B. It isn't true?

Come on dudes...spit that bitter pill out of your mouths and get honest about your team. WIN a freaking World Series after blowing the NL apart during the regular season, and NO ONE will ever call you "choke artists" again.

Who's been dishonest about our team? They choked, twice, I'd say 3 times (2006 NLCS). I just don't understand the Phillies' fixation with it. They should enjoy their offseason as champs, not chumps, kicking the dogs while they are down. For a team complaining about Reyes' antics, they haven't exactly been the model of professionalism a champion should be.

What Cole Hamels said is correct, they are choke artists, but .............

And I will liken this as to how I like the Giants to behave when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys, champions of the offseason just like our Mets, the proper and classy thing to say(just as I would want Pierce, Eli, Tuck etc to say in regards to anything Cowboy)would be........

"Well you know Joe and Evan, we cannot worry about what they do, we have to continue to do what we do well and we can win as we have proven as much. There is no doubt the Mets are a good team, gave us a real hard time this past year, but in reality at the end of the day we can only worry about ourselves and once again prove we are the best team in baseball".

That would have been the right thing to say and I hope that putting in in Giant fan perspectives can help Phillies fans realize how immature and unchampion like that really was. Ever Remember Jeter mocking the Red Sox during that 4 of 5 run?

Perhaps someday...you will get to see just how "professional" the Mets will be, after a WS win.

:rolleyes:

The Mets have been "professionals" by never really responding to the Phillies and their obsession with the Mets.

This whole saga is somewhat distorted, usually the perennial loser is the one yapping away.

I just don't get it. Phillies, you WON!

Perhaps someday...you will get to see just how "professional" the Mets will be, after a WS win.

:rolleyes:

And how do the Phillies respond after a World Series win? Do they re-invest in their team? No. They let Pat the Bat go (I'm sure you're in mourning, Ggirl), and bring in a 36 y/o LF who is a defensive liability, they re-sign a 46 y/o for the rotation, and sign CHAN HO PARK of all people.

Wow.

And how do the Phillies respond after a World Series win? Do they re-invest in their team? No. They let Pat the Bat go (I'm sure you're in mourning, Ggirl), and bring in a 36 y/o LF who is a defensive liability, they re-sign a 46 y/o for the rotation, and sign CHAN HO PARK of all people.

Wow.

You have made perhaps the only point I will NEVER argue with you about.

As far as I can see...that front office has NEVER done anything to build or rebuild a team to win. They are cheap and stupid... and those two traits do not go well together. :brooding:

Wow.

Ibanez could be considered a defensive upgrade matched up against Burrell. I love Burrell and everything he's done year in and year out, but he's not the reason they won. He didn't even get a hit in the WS until game 5. Like I said, I love the guy but he's too streaky for a roster that's already littered with inconsistency. Besides, the core of this team is still together. Utley, Rollins, Hamels, Howard, Victorino - these guys are the reason they won. And as things stand now this team will be together for the forseeable future.

When does Utley come back? June? July?

Originally they said June, but he held a press conference the other day and said he expects to be back for the opener...then walked off without a wince or a limp or anything. Time will tell.

I liked John Maine's quote today. It displayed my thoughts in a more respectful way then I wouldve said it.

I agree. I think I was trying to say exactly what he said. :unsure:

Hopefully the Mets will finally develop that killer instinct this year, but I'm not holding my breath anymore.

Ibanez could be considered a defensive upgrade matched up against Burrell. I love Burrell and everything he's done year in and year out, but he's not the reason they won. He didn't even get a hit in the WS until game 5. Like I said, I love the guy but he's too streaky for a roster that's already littered with inconsistency. Besides, the core of this team is still together. Utley, Rollins, Hamels, Howard, Victorino - these guys are the reason they won. And as things stand now this team will be together for the forseeable future.

Originally they said June, but he held a press conference the other day and said he expects to be back for the opener...then walked off without a wince or a limp or anything. Time will tell.

WHOOOOOAAAAA there, Teuf! I agree with just about everything you said but Ibanez is NOT a defensive upgrade against ANYBODY. He is a terrible outfielder. I mean he's really not good AT ALL.

As far as the core of your team, I agree. Nice lineup. But the Phils just watched the Mets improve their bullpen in a big way, and the Mets are probably going to end up with Lowe, and the Phils' added CHAN HO PARK.