SportsWrath

Burress sits out of practice

Dragon

That the Giants can't afford to swallow 11 million dollars when Brandon Jacobs and Corey

Webster's contracts are up and when Eli is due for an extension as well.

I guess it would strike as foolish if they didn't construct the contract to avoid this type of thing.

Or even more simple of an idea, they arnt planning on letting him go anytime soon.

And he hasent done anything to sway their minds.

That's understandable but any season GM can tell you there are no guarantees.

Besides, can't we get a Boldin or an Fitzgeraled with Plax's money?

I was always under the impression Plax didn't get a great contract from us because of his 1. lack of consistent production with the Steelers and 2. His questionable work ethic and attitude...

Was he recently resigned/restructured from that original contract...?

I was always under the impression Plax didn't get a great contract from us because of his 1. lack of consistent production with the Steelers and 2. His questionable work ethic and attitude...

Was he recently resigned/restructured from that original contract...?

He had 3 years remaining from his previous contract. He figured he needed a new deal.. not sure why given he only played well towards the end of last season.

This season.. yes I understand we run first.. but I don't think that accounts for him fading.. he's known to be inconsistent.

He had 3 years remaining from his previous contract. He figured he needed a new deal.. not sure why given he only played well towards the end of last season.

This season.. yes I understand we run first.. but I don't think that accounts for him fading.. he's known to be inconsistent.

I know his numbers are down but look at our passing game as a whole...the entire thing is down. All our WRs are putting up smaller numbers then previous years, even look at Eli's numbers his are down passing from years before.

Now I know thats not an excuse when it comes to trying to make a big play which everyone on the O side should be doing but when you arnt passing as much as you used to or not trying to force a big play..then your numbers are going to go down. We no longer need a passing game to get us out of situations or trying to throw in the 4th. We have a running game which we can rely on and until we run into some opponent who can shut it down our WRs are going to just be running short/intermediate routes.

Easily one of the most idiotic statements on this board, ever.

Ok, now wipe your mouth...

Aside from Plax being a slight distraction (that's all he's been, pretty much every

Giant has told him to cut the shit and he has) what has he done wrong in your eyes?

I think the guy went above and beyond the call of duty to get that new contract. The Giants realized

how valuable Plaxico is and they rewarded him with an extension. He draws constant double teams

which causes Kevin Boss and Steve Smith to be covered one on one and he is one hell of a downfield

blocker.

Ever realize how Boss and Smith can get so wide open down the middle of the field? It's because

a safety is over the top on Plax at all times.

Aside from Plax being a slight distraction (that's all he's been, pretty much every

Giant has told him to cut the shit and he has) what has he done wrong in your eyes?

I think the guy went above and beyond the call of duty to get that new contract. The Giants realized

how valuable Plaxico is and they rewarded him with an extension. He draws constant double teams

which causes Kevin Boss and Steve Smith to be covered one on one and he is one hell of a downfield

blocker.

Ever realize how Boss and Smith can get so wide open down the middle of the field? It's because

a safety is over the top on Plax at all times.

Plax hasn't done a lot of wrong.. and I actually came out in his defense after I saw his interview with Pam Oliver. I praised him when he played like I thought he is capable of playing toward the end of last season.

The issue I have with him is doesn't seem like he wants to get it together... there's no fire in his belly. I mean for a highly paid WR, he should be a little more visible on the field... and I totally understand that our run game has stolen that thunder.. I just don't think that's all there's to it.

I don't think any athlete should injure his hamstring under normal circumstances.. I pointed out before that only under extreme conditions (going on the night before, then the after party, then a football game in which a person plays offense defense and special teams: True story).

As a professional athlete, we as fan should expect him to stay in top shape and that includes stretching (yoga anyone?) to keep his body in top shape that he may earn the money he's getting paid.

In essence yes I'm a critic of people who whine about their contract even thought he had 3 years left on it.. and then come in the middle of the season with a tweaked hamstring.. out of the blue.

Plax hasn't done a lot of wrong.. and I actually came out in his defense after I saw his interview with Pam Oliver. I praised him when he played like I thought he is capable of playing toward the end of last season. Not too sure where you got that from. Through the first 8 games of 2007, Burress had 8 TDs and didn't score in the SF or Miami games (games 7 and 8).

The issue I have with him is doesn't seem like he wants to get it together... there's no fire in his belly. I mean for a highly paid WR, he should be a little more visible on the field... and I totally understand that our run game has stolen that thunder.. I just don't think that's all there's to it. The entire passing game is down this year since we haven't needed to pass on opponents to beat them. You think that Burress is half-assing it on the field, but the rest of the receiving corps gets a pass... even though Plax in leading the team in Receiving yards and tied for the team lead in TDs with Boss.

I don't think any athlete should injure his hamstring under normal circumstances.. I pointed out before that only under extreme conditions (going on the night before, then the after party, then a football game in which a person plays offense defense and special teams: True story).

As a professional athlete, we as fan should expect him to stay in top shape and that includes stretching (yoga anyone?) to keep his body in top shape that he may earn the money he's getting paid. So we as fans should expect the players on the team to be machines and never get hurt? Injuries happen. Jacobs went down with a hamstring for weeks last year.

In essence yes I'm a critic of people who whine about their contract even thought he had 3 years left on it.. and then come in the middle of the season with a tweaked hamstring.. out of the blue.

Bottom line... You hate Plax. We get it.

Bottom line... You hate Plax. We get it.

I don't know about the word "hate". Maybe I have less appreciation for him given his production and his childish behavior of late. Maybe I hope he proves me wrong.. or surprise us like he did last year when played lights out.