SportsWrath

Delgado

jranieli

delgado wasn't one of his guys from what i hear. personally i think he dogged it, and i think reyes held such a long grudge against willie becaue of delgado's influence over him

Reyes held such a long grudge over Willie because Willie took him out of a game for not hustling.

I guess what Jose didn't understand is that he doesn't know how great he can be and Willie pushed him, hard.

delgado wasn't one of his guys from what i hear. personally i think he dogged it, and i think reyes held such a long grudge against willie becaue of delgado's influence over him

Reyes held such a long grudge over Willie because Willie took him out of a game for not hustling.

I guess what Jose didn't understand is that he doesn't know how great he can be and Willie pushed him, hard.

• 3 weeks later...

right, but i think having a guy like delgado--who didn't like willie--being close to reyes is why reyes held that grudge for such a long time. i think that if delgado liked willie then reyes would've let it go a lot sooner

right, but i think having a guy like delgado--who didn't like willie--being close to reyes is why reyes held that grudge for such a long time. i think that if delgado liked willie then reyes would've let it go a lot sooner

i can see that with reyes, but I don't think delgado dogged it because of willie. he had 16 million on the line this year, i don't think he's willing to pass up 12 million bucks to send a message to the manager.

i think jerry has helped more than willie had hurt delgado.

So is it coincidence that Carlos has played better since Willie was fired? I understand that Delgado was one of his guys, well maybe not, I don't think he liked Willie. I didn't either.

I don't know, but back to back games with 2 home runs is making me feel pretty damn good ;)

i can see that with reyes, but I don't think delgado dogged it because of willie. he had 16 million on the line this year, i don't think he's willing to pass up 12 million bucks to send a message to the manager.

i think jerry has helped more than willie had hurt delgado.

im not saying he struck out on purpose or anything, im just saying i doubt he tried very hard. maybe playing for a manager he didn't like had him thinking retirement and he checked out mentally