SportsWrath

Stupid new slogan

Exit 117

They used last year's way too early IMO.

I wonder what the Yankees will be.

"Watch us dominate until October starts."

The Yankees are not as bush league as the Mets to come up with some lame ass slogan. Ideas and crap like that reek of the Wilpons and their public image conscience ways.

How about this slogan "FUCK SLOGANS AND GIMMICKS, WE ARE IN THIS THING TO WIN AND WILL NO LONGER RESORT TO LAME ASS ATTEMPTS AT ATTENTION, OUR PLAY ON THE FIELD WILL DO THE TALKING"

The Yankees are not as bush league as the Mets to come up with some lame ass slogan. Ideas and crap like that reek of the Wilpons and their public image conscience ways.

How about this slogan "FUCK SLOGANS AND GIMMICKS, WE ARE IN THIS THING TO WIN AND WILL NO LONGER RESORT TO LAME ASS ATTEMPTS AT ATTENTION, OUR PLAY ON THE FIELD WILL DO THE TALKING"

Well, they had that "Looking back, looking forward," thing last year.

But I agree, it's not as if slogans sell tickets or anything...

Baseball Teams who draw fans have some of the worst advertising campaigns I've ever seen.

The ones who don't draw well seem to be more creative. Out in SF, the A's kill the Giants in creativity.

Mets have sold over 2 million tickets for 06, they were the FIRST NY team ever to draw over 3 million fans 10 long years before Yankee STadium became the new DisneyWorld and a "safe" place to be for all the bandwagoners. They do not need stupid slogans to sell tickets and attract fans, its been proven.

Mets have sold over 2 million tickets for 06, they were the FIRST NY team ever to draw over 3 million fans 10 long years before Yankee STadium became the new DisneyWorld and a "safe" place to be for all the bandwagoners. They do not need stupid slogans to sell tickets and attract fans, its been proven.

:rock::clap:

so......, you agree with my point. :unsure:

How many in the last five years?

...I can say none without no anger,because when the pendulum swings back..you need to answer the same question..or better yet:How many in the past ten or fifteen years,Mets fan. :)

...I can say none without no anger,because when the pendulum swings back..you need to answer the same question..or better yet:How many in the past ten or fifteen years,Mets fan. :)

Doesn't matter, wasn't even alive for both of ours.

But did you draft and/or develop some future franchise stars in your farm system? I can say we did.

... :cwy:..Man...I am really sorry.Would not want to go through that pain. :cwy:

No but since 1998 I have seen the Ravens vs. Giants Super Bowl, Giants vs. 49ers playoff game, and the 2003-2004 seasons along with some of the biggest heartbreakers I'll probably ever see like the Eagles game in 03 and the Seahawks game this season. I can deal with pain now. What I don't know how to deal with is winning.