SportsWrath

Pat Kirwin discusses the HOF class of 2013.

boohyah

Yep, completely ripped off the Giants.com website I've been ridiculing. However I do listen to NFL Radio and I did hear the actual discussion with Kirwan and he did quote this as he spoke about it on the radio. He has Strahan third behind Ogden and Favre, which I agree with, in fact you could almost say Ogden should be #1. But if you base the class on the possibility that Allen and Seau will also retire, then Kirwan thinks Sapp loses out going in the first year which i totally agree with. I think Sapp loses major points for his time in Oakland.

What should be interesting now is if this influences Seau and Allen to stay on. Does anyone know if either are in camp? If they stay another year they are shoo in's for 2014. And if they do, does this mean McNair will get in first time. I still think he won't, but his chances are much improved.

Just a thought.

IMHO, McNair doesn't deserve it. Yes, he's got one NFL MVP and four Pro Bowls, but how many rings does he have?

He was a good QB, not a great one.

I hate that argument. We are told football is the ultimate team sport yet when judging how good someone was personally, they always say how many championships they helped win. The hall of fame is a personal achievement, just like any award. I don't have a problem when someone says "he was a part of # super bowl winning teams". But that shouldn't hold anyone out.

using that logic, take Marino out and throw Dilfer in.

I hate that argument. We are told football is the ultimate team sport yet when judging how good someone was personally, they always say how many championships they helped win. The hall of fame is a personal achievement, just like any award. I don't have a problem when someone says "he was a part of # super bowl winning teams". But that shouldn't hold anyone out.

using that logic, take Marino out and throw Dilfer in.

Yeah I hear ya, but McNair IS NOT a HOFer.