SportsWrath

Cowboys at Giants on NFLN week 10

xxi-xxv

Rewatched a bit of this today and at the end Joe Buck is gushing over Romo and how he was "better than ELI today" and has "had a much better start to his career" and how "you cannot wipe the smile off his face, he is just a happy guy". I could not help but smile and laugh myself when I hear Buck say this now. We certainly know who's career has started better and we all saw that smile fade to a near cry at Texas Stadium 2 and a half months later. You guys should watch this and just listen knowing what we know now.

It's awesome that Tony Romo gets so much man-love but is the sole reason the Cowboys were knocked out of the playoffs(botched hold) a year ago, and the reason why they won't win any playoff games with him at the helm.

He simply can't win playoff games. I'd rather have a champion rather than a regular season stat grabber any day.

It's awesome that Tony Romo gets so much man-love but is the sole reason the Cowboys were knocked out of the playoffs(botched hold) a year ago, and the reason why they won't win any playoff games with him at the helm.

He simply can't win playoff games. I'd rather have a champion rather than a regular season stat grabber any day.

Let's not jump to that just yet.

why not? he's proven it thus far.

Up until this season Eli had yet to prove he could take us anywhere other then the off season. All it really takes is a good streak to get your team to the super bowl. I'm not saying Romo will take them there but to say he will can't win a playoff game is ridiculous, he will get one or two wins in the post season under his belt before he retires.

Wasn't eli 0-2 before this year in the playoffs?

True but Eli never had the win a play away like Tony has had in his loses. I agree it is far too early to be calling him a playoff choke-artist unless you want to get down into petty team-bashing but in the two losses he fumbled the hold in the first loss and threw the endzone INT in the second. His teammates put him in a position to win and he choked.

Tony Romo was the SOLE reason they lost last year and did nothing to help them win this year. At least Eli wasnt the reason for his first two post season losses, we had a young team, new coach, etc, etc. He didn't fumble a hold or throw away a pass in the end zone.

Tony Romo was the SOLE reason they lost last year and did nothing to help them win this year. At least Eli wasnt the reason for his first two post season losses, we had a young team, new coach, etc, etc. He didn't fumble a hold or throw away a pass in the end zone.

Although I love to blame Homo for anything I can, you gotta take in the whole picture. Would Romo be throwing a desperation pass into the endzone if Crayton makes that wide open catch for what most likely was a TD? What about Amani's first TD? Although that was mostly the amazing Toomer, would we have scored that easily if, not only that shitty Dallas D knew how to tackle, but if they didnt have a guy named Roy Williams on thier squad? Now, we still may have, and probably would have won. It was our destiny, we wanted it more. But as much as I hate Homo and crybaby Owens, that whole team was at fault if you ask me. They had the Patriot syndrome. They were already putting themselves in the SB from week one. :rolleyes:

True but Eli never had the win a play away like Tony has had in his loses. I agree it is far too early to be calling him a playoff choke-artist unless you want to get down into petty team-bashing but in the two losses he fumbled the hold in the first loss and threw the endzone INT in the second. His teammates put him in a position to win and he choked.

Honestly its tough to pin that whole loss on that final INT. It was 4th and 10 with a prevent defense in there. Realisitcally thats an extremely tough play. Not a choke.

The Cowboys support cast overall had a poor game against us. They didn't put him in the best position to succeed.

And how quick you guys forget that Eli had 3 INTs in his first playoff game in a shutout noless.

Up until this season Eli had yet to prove he could take us anywhere other then the off season. All it really takes is a good streak to get your team to the super bowl. I'm not saying Romo will take them there but to say he will can't win a playoff game is ridiculous, he will get one or two wins in the post season under his belt before he retires.

OO my god.. Eli won the Super Bowl MVP for you... what else do you need?? you also mention " he will get one or two wins in the post season under his belt before he retires. " he still HAVEN'T won a post season game. he's out there as long as Eli have...

i might be hard, but i'm just a bit sick and tire of people looking down on the Giants... we just won the super bowl, what else does anyone want??.. patriots won the superbowl and they were rank first/second place on everyone's selection. Indy also were mostly rank first or second after their super bowl. why the hell are we down on 4th or 5th??.. it's lack of respect that we will always have that make us better...

p.s.. i'm a bit drunk... hahaha