SportsWrath

We Suck

so-cal dub

Wouldn't it be crazy if both our teams continued to play the way they have the last 2 to 3 weeks? i don't think the universe could handle a last place Yankee team the same year as a first place Rangers team, God would incite a nuclear war and earth would be swallowed by a black hole.

Sadly, twill not happen. eventually, order will restore itself. The Yanks will win. The rangers will lose. And we'll all live in peace and harmony watching the Giants as the red sox sweep another world series.

• 4 weeks later...
Wouldn't it be crazy if both our teams continued to play the way they have the last 2 to 3 weeks? i don't think the universe could handle a last place Yankee team the same year as a first place Rangers team, God would incite a nuclear war and earth would be swallowed by a black hole.

Sadly, twill not happen. eventually, order will restore itself. The Yanks will win. The rangers will lose. And we'll all live in peace and harmony watching the Giants as the red sox sweep another world series.

Its the Cubbies turn now.

Im saying right here and now that they will win the WS.

Unfortunatley, my beloved Yanks will hover around .500 at best all year. I want to shoot myself. I would, if it werent for my kids and The Gmen. :P

Posada did look a bit shaky on those stolen bases last night. He did get the guy out on third though.

Joba looked real good and he seems like a good to decent starter right now. He has not really been blown out of an inning yet, just had some early issues with the pitch count.

Their record right now is better than it was at this time last season wasn't it? I am not counting the Yankees out yet they may be at the bottom of their division but they have the track record of fighting back and finding a way to make it to the postseason.

Girardi did a good job with the managerial decisions last night too. You would expect that though with a guy who has more NL starts than AL starts as a manager.

• 1 month later...

catcher, left field, dh, 3/5ths of your rotation--you guys are lucky you are still in contention. my team lost it's top two starters and their season was finished, you guys still have the resources to keep you afloat if you have injuries

catcher, left field, dh, 3/5ths of your rotation--you guys are lucky you are still in contention. my team lost it's top two starters and their season was finished, you guys still have the resources to keep you afloat if you have injuries

Have you seen the way they play? Minimal effort to do anything. Meanwhile, Girardi is sitting the AL Average leader...the one of few on this team who is doing anything for a guy with 36 MLB bats, sitting Giambi everytime we face a lefty, who btw Giambi has a higher OBS vs lefties for Richie fuckme Sexton...every goddamn time! Melky is fucking garbage but he plays every fucking game. While I'm not putting the blame solely on Girirdi, I am saying he is not being effective at firing this squad up and his decisions are fucking killing me.

Yeah, well, excuse me while I try to show pity for your teams.

There is a reason we have had 6 starting pitchers make their major league debut this year. Millwood, McCarthy, Gabbard, Mendoza, all missed significant time and/or are still injured. Thats 4 of the scheduled opening day starting roster. Not to mention CJ will miss the rest of the year, Benoit missed a lot of time, Jennings, our back up plan at SP has missed most of the year and is done till next year.

The there is the position players.

Laird missed at least a month

Blalock has been injured most of the season

Young has been on and off lately with a broken finger

Murphy is on the 15 day DL

Bradley (but that was expected.

, you guys still have the resources to keep you afloat if you have injuries

ding ding ding ding, ditto on the Red Sox and their injuries and the Mets for that matter. Lets see the Rays survice their injuries now.

ding ding ding ding, ditto on the Red Sox and their injuries and the Mets for that matter. Lets see the Rays survice their injuries now.

I'm not going to use that as an excuse. We get hits left and right. The problem lies with bringing them home. Jeter is leading the league in DPs. Arod couldn't be clutch if it smacked him in the face. Cano doesn't know anything about working a count. Though the injuries do help the poor outings, there is no excuse for leaving RSP as much as the Yankees have.