SportsWrath

Fuck you Willie

GorillaNJ

I would love to see it, but Bobby V actually loves it over in Japan and I don't know if he'd come back even if we asked.

For the right price he probably would, though! :TU:

Bobby V has as many division titles as I do. ZERO.

Seriously, you guys want this idiot back? If the Mets were to fire Willie, I'd like

them to interview Manny Acta.

Bobby V has as many division titles as I do. ZERO.

Seriously, you guys want this idiot back? If the Mets were to fire Willie, I'd like

them to interview Manny Acta.

The knock on Bobby V was that he could never manage the superstar big money guy and did better with the role player because thats what he was due to injuries in his career and because other than the big money players the only guy with bigger egos than them was Bobby V himself. This team is littered with guys Valentine would clash with. You think Willie hates Bernazard and Minaya together speaking spanish to the guys in the clubhouse Bobby V would have a coronary.

Thanks but no thanks.

IMO Lee Mazzilli would be an interesting candidate, he is around the team(working for SNY) there are some guys there he knows and playes with (hojo) and he did not get a fair shake in Baltimore.

Willie is not this teams problem. The problem is that they are all Omars boys and they no at the end of the day the Papacito and his trusty partner Bernazard will have their back.

The knock on Bobby V was that he could never manage the superstar big money guy and did better with the role player because thats what he was due to injuries in his career and because other than the big money players the only guy with bigger egos than them was Bobby V himself. This team is littered with guys Valentine would clash with. You think Willie hates Bernazard and Minaya together speaking spanish to the guys in the clubhouse Bobby V would have a coronary.

Thanks but no thanks.

IMO Lee Mazzilli would be an interesting candidate, he is around the team(working for SNY) there are some guys there he knows and playes with (hojo) and he did not get a fair shake in Baltimore.

Willie is not this teams problem. The problem is that they are all Omars boys and they no at the end of the day the Papacito and his trusty partner Bernazard will have their back.

If the Mets hired Mazzilli I'd stop becoming a fan, right there and then. He did nothing in

Baltimore, what makes you think he'd do something with the Mets?

Mazzilli was never given the opportunity in Baltimore. He did not have the players or the support of the GM and their asshole owner. His winning percentage is not bad comparing what a pathetic team he had. 78-84 his first year and was fired mid season at 51-56. Look where that team has been since. He was not given the time to do anything there. A year and a half is nothing. Look how Terry Francona's teams were in Philadelphia. Three years of losing records.

Hypothetically, if they fired Willie soon, Mazzilli would be a good choice because they have Reynolds and Straw to fill his spot at SNY. The way it is going, I don't think Willie lasts the season.

Hypothetically, if they fired Willie soon, Mazzilli would be a good choice because they have Reynolds and Straw to fill his spot at SNY. The way it is going, I don't think Willie lasts the season.

Horseshit, if the Mets want to get rid of the "Yankee Way" they would never hire

Mazilli. I'd perfer if Acta were interviewed for the job cause I think he is a very

good manager.

What has Acta ever done in his managing carrer? The Nationals certainly aren't the class of the National League. If you are gonna knock Maz for his record, you have to do it with Acta. The bottom line is, no manager of a New York team will ever be good enough, because they ALL make questionable decisions and will get killed for them. Also any manager brought in here will not be affective because they will be undermined by Omar and his crony. The players won't respect a manager with no bite, because it doesn't really matter what he says.

Maybe Willie should grab a fuckin bat and show the team what it's like to care about getting big hits EVERY day. The bats on this team are pathetic. Why is no one looking HoJo's way?

I still see MAZ as a Met, nohing tells me he will be a good manager, its just that I remember in 1986 when he came back, he was a very good role player and seemed like a smart baseball man. He was shafted in Baltimore as he clashed with the idiot Angelos. He is merely a suggestion and not my #1 choice.

I have no use for Acta, this whole Latin thing that Omar has incorprated is the pits. Plus Acta is under contract and going nowhere.

Hojo is an option I suppose, as could Gary Carter. I see Carter as a very good candidate because no one handled the pressure of the spotlight of the NY media better and quite frankly he loved every minute of it. I guess Jerry Manuel could take over?

Again though this teams problems are not Willies. Jose Reyes play today down 1-0 warrants being benched IMO for game 1 of the Yanks series Friday night. That was as pitiful I have seen in years.

The whole Latin connection thing has many of these guys acting like they are playing a pickup game in San Francisco de Marcoris rather than getting paid millions to produce and/or think while on the base paths. Omar should be the one getting the grief...he picked these guys....blows their noses for them....and wipes their asses. And that whole speaking Spanish to a player at length while his non-Spanish speaking manager stands by looking stupid is for the birds. My paternal grandparents were from Cuba and even they would not speak Spanish in mixed company with non-Spanish speakers unless the person being spoken to understood no English. That being said I was always luke warm about Randolph. We should have chosen Mookie Wilson, HoJo or even Carter or Backman before him.