SportsWrath

Girardi beginning to piss me off.

Ditto

Top of ninth, score tied, first and third, one out and Jeter up. It's Damon on third. I know Jeter has a solid average with runners in scoring position when there are already two outs, but he also has a bad habit of grounding into DPs when there's only one out. So, why doesn't Girardi have Jeter lay one down?

Top of ninth, score tied, first and third, one out and Jeter up. It's Damon on third. I know Jeter has a solid average with runners in scoring position when there are already two outs, but he also has a bad habit of grounding into DPs when there's only one out. So, why doesn't Girardi have Jeter lay one down?

He also keeps pitchers on the mound too long, just like Torre used to, and they end up losing the game. :furious:

It's a bit of a gamble to bunt there. First and foremost, when all you need is a fly ball, Jeter's still gotta be the guy you'd want up there more than any other Yankee. God forbid he can't put the bat on the ball and Damon gets hung up. If you safety-squeeze it, Damon ain't as speedy as he used to be, and there's no guarantee he'll be able to score, so you may give up an out for nothing. Bottom line- blame Jeter for not getting the job done.

It's a bit of a gamble to bunt there. First and foremost, when all you need is a fly ball, Jeter's still gotta be the guy you'd want up there more than any other Yankee. God forbid he can't put the bat on the ball and Damon gets hung up. If you safety-squeeze it, Damon ain't as speedy as he used to be, and there's no guarantee he'll be able to score, so you may give up an out for nothing. Bottom line- blame Jeter for not getting the job done.

What’s the worst can happen, a pop up DP? Less likely than GIDP, imo. If he misses the ball and Damon gets tagged out, you still have another shot with a runner on 2nd. And, don't kid yourself, Damon's plenty fast. He'd be the only guy on the team I'd trust not to ground into a DP.

Jeters one of the most clutch players in history and you want him to bunt with a runner on third and 1 out?

When it comes to two out and RISP, I wouldn’t want anyone else up there. But, as I said, he’s very prone to grounding into a dp in that situation. He helped take us out of the playoffs last year.

Its AL baseball Ditto, aka as closest thing to beer league softball the majors get. tongue.gif

You know, the NL is looking better this year. Maybe we’ll have some competition for a change.

are you talking about a squeeze there, ditto?

Yeah, Blu, a squeeze... or whatever you call it out there in God’s land.

Just for the hell of it, what did you think I meant?

You know, the NL is looking better this year. Maybe we’ll have some competition for a change.

worry about the Rays last I checked you have not beaten the NL in years on anything of significance, in fact you are 0-2 since 2000

worry about the Rays last I checked you have not beaten the NL in years on anything of significance, in fact you are 0-2 since 2000

UUggh, you made me remember the Yanks-DBacks series. Although, if I can stand losing to anyone, it'd be the DBacks, I still prefer to forget the beginning of the no WS wins streak. <_<

Besides Girardi, this team just lacks heart it seems. That and the injuries again, nobody can hit the broad side of the barn, and franchise Phil looks like dogshit. I havent lost hope yet, but frankly I am open to the fact that this could well possibly be our worst season in 13 years.

Jeters one of the most clutch players in history and you want him to bunt with a runner on third and 1 out?

His clutch is fucking dead.

Also, the Girardi managed Yankees don't look all that different than with Torre. But baseball managers don't impact teams as much as say football head coaches do. Maybe our bullpen is managed a little better than Torre but that's it. Although Ohlendorf is beginning to get the Proctor treatment.

• 1 month later...
His clutch is fucking dead.

Also, the Girardi managed Yankees don't look all that different than with Torre. But baseball managers don't impact teams as much as say football head coaches do. Maybe our bullpen is managed a little better than Torre but that's it. Although Ohlendorf is beginning to get the Proctor treatment.

:clap:

Finally, a Yankee fan who is an honest observer of Jeter.

I am worried about the Rays, especially with their improved pitching and defense. When I said we might have some competition this year, I was referring to teams in general. I thought the NL teams were much improved, but according to the standings so far, it doesn't look that way. You guys are still bush.