SportsWrath

MLB POWER RANKINGS

Thats why power rankings are a joke. If you're gonna do power rankings a week into the season, ya gotta put the winning teams up top and the losing teams at the bottom. The Rangers just took 2 out of 3 from the Angels. We're 24th and they're 10th. If you're gonna base the rankings off potential (ie, Tigers, Yanks, Sox) then don't do a ranking until at least a month into the season.

Thats why power rankings are a joke. If you're gonna do power rankings a week into the season, ya gotta put the winning teams up top and the losing teams at the bottom. The Rangers just took 2 out of 3 from the Angels. We're 24th and they're 10th. If you're gonna base the rankings off potential (ie, Tigers, Yanks, Sox) then don't do a ranking until at least a month into the season.

QUOTE(boohyah @ Sep 26 2007, 08:11 AM)

VG is right

I had the same discussion with my uncle yesterday. The Tigers were above the Yanks and he tried to use the "potential" argument.

All that potential has got them a winless season so far.

Yeah....I hear ya. The Orioles (27th) are leading the AL East and tied with the Brewers (12th) for the best record in baseball. And to top it off, Boston (2nd) is dead last in the AL East.

Early season rankings don't mean a hell of a lot. That's why we play the game!

Yeah....I hear ya. The Orioles (27th) are leading the AL East and tied with the Brewers (12th) for the best record in baseball. And to top it off, Boston (2nd) is dead last in the AL East.

Early season rankings don't mean a hell of a lot. That's why we play the game!

The O's are tough, I'm watching them right now play the Rangers. They have a good defense and play heads up ball. I'm not saying they will compete for the AL East, but they could very well be a thorn in the side of the Yanks, Sox and other contending teams in the al.