SportsWrath

Come clean now...

ksm7

The Dog wants to know which one of you this was...

Cops say school intruder was looking for sex Friday, April 4, 2008

Last updated: Friday April 4, 2008, EDT 5:11 AM BY JASON TSAISTAFF WRITER

OAKLAND — A 48-year-old Hackensack man posed as an ESPN college basketball analyst to gain the trust of four boys who he hoped could set him up with an underage girl for sex, authorities alleged Thursday.

Joel Brodsky was sporting a bogus ESPN press pass and lugging a Giants football helmet when he allegedly approached the four teenagers inside Indian Hills High School on March 26, Bergen County Sheriff Leo P. McGuire said.

Brodsky tried winning over the kids, who were on break from an SAT prep course, by claiming he was ESPN analyst Mark Adams, police said.

"The helmet was allegedly signed by [Giants quarterback] Eli Manning," McGuire said Thursday. "I guess it was a prop to offer some legitimacy that he was, indeed, Mark Adams."

Detectives arrested Brodsky at his Overlook Avenue home Wednesday night, authorities said. He was charged with criminal trespass, endangering the welfare of a child, and abuse of a child, authorities said.

Wearing gray slacks and an untucked dress shirt, Brodsky claimed last Wednesday that he could get the teenagers college scholarships if they introduced him to a 16- or 17-year-old girl for sex, the sheriff said.

Brodsky also brought along his 10-year-old son that night, presumably to get into the high school, McGuire said.

The apprehensive teens immediately reported the incident to a teacher, who in turn told school officials who then alerted borough police.

McGuire, an Oakland resident, learned about the incident when he received a reverse 911 call at home, he said.

Borough police and the sheriff's office worked together to make the arrest.

"You've got to hand it to these boys, to have the wherewithal to report this," the sheriff said Thursday.

Surveillance footage of the 8:30 p.m. incident shows Brodsky, his hair slicked back, walking through the high school hallways with his son behind. The bogus ID hangs from a blue lanyard around his neck, and he carries the helmet by its face mask.

The real Mark Adams, who primarily covers basketball for ESPN's college sports channel ESPNU, could not be reached for comment.

Before starting his broadcast career at ESPN in 1999, Adams held a number of collegiate basketball coaching jobs, including head coach of Central Connecticut State University, according to his Web site, enthusiadams.com.

It was unclear why Brodsky chose to pose as Adams, who is not considered a high-profile ESPN personality, authorities said.

Brodsky, who has been held before for failing to pay child support, was being held on $50,000 bail at the Bergen County Jail, authorities said.

E-mail: tsai@northjersey.com

OAKLAND — A 48-year-old Hackensack man posed as an ESPN college basketball analyst to gain the trust of four boys who he hoped could set him up with an underage girl for sex, authorities alleged Thursday.

Joel Brodsky was sporting a bogus ESPN press pass and lugging a Giants football

The Dog wants to know which one of you this was...

Cops say school intruder was looking for sex Friday, April 4, 2008

Last updated: Friday April 4, 2008, EDT 5:11 AM BY JASON TSAISTAFF WRITER

Joel Brodsky was sporting a bogus ESPN press pass and lugging a Giants football helmet when he allegedly approached the four teenagers inside Indian Hills High School on March 26, Bergen County Sheriff Leo P. McGuire said.

Brodsky tried winning over the kids, who were on break from an SAT prep course, by claiming he was ESPN analyst Mark Adams, police said.

"The helmet was allegedly signed by [Giants quarterback] Eli Manning," McGuire said Thursday. "I guess it was a prop to offer some legitimacy that he was, indeed, Mark Adams."

Detectives arrested Brodsky at his Overlook Avenue home Wednesday night, authorities said. He was charged with criminal trespass, endangering the welfare of a child, and abuse of a child, authorities said.

Wearing gray slacks and an untucked dress shirt, Brodsky claimed last Wednesday that he could get the teenagers college scholarships if they introduced him to a 16- or 17-year-old girl for sex, the sheriff said.

Brodsky also brought along his 10-year-old son that night, presumably to get into the high school, McGuire said.

The apprehensive teens immediately reported the incident to a teacher, who in turn told school officials who then alerted borough police.

McGuire, an Oakland resident, learned about the incident when he received a reverse 911 call at home, he said.

Borough police and the sheriff's office worked together to make the arrest.

"You've got to hand it to these boys, to have the wherewithal to report this," the sheriff said Thursday.

Surveillance footage of the 8:30 p.m. incident shows Brodsky, his hair slicked back, walking through the high school hallways with his son behind. The bogus ID hangs from a blue lanyard around his neck, and he carries the helmet by its face mask.

The real Mark Adams, who primarily covers basketball for ESPN's college sports channel ESPNU, could not be reached for comment.

Before starting his broadcast career at ESPN in 1999, Adams held a number of collegiate basketball coaching jobs, including head coach of Central Connecticut State University, according to his Web site, enthusiadams.com.

It was unclear why Brodsky chose to pose as Adams, who is not considered a high-profile ESPN personality, authorities said.

Brodsky, who has been held before for failing to pay child support, was being held on $50,000 bail at the Bergen County Jail, authorities said.

E-mail: tsai@northjersey.com

Joel Brodsky was sporting a bogus ESPN press pass and lugging a Giants football

I am in complete awe of your posting skills.

Hmmm, don't you and eggy both live in Jersey? :confused:

are you still on that? the dog admires your tenasity and mildly flattering obsession with the dog. the dog spends time in multiple places during the year...frequent trips to the Nevisian plantation is always pleasurable...the occassional stop along the east coast of the US, the midwest...the dog loves his travels....

are you still on that? the dog admires your tenasity and mildly flattering obsession with the dog. the dog spends time in multiple places during the year...frequent trips to the Nevisian plantation is always pleasurable...the occassional stop along the east coast of the US, the midwest...the dog loves his travels....

Hmmm, odd then that the dog's ip address places him within 25 miles of Badegg's.

Hmmm.

If I have an obsession with the dog, it didn't start til the dog had an obsession with the New York Giants.

:D

And I can't help but notice you didn't answer the question doggy.

Hmmm, odd then that the dog's ip address places him within 25 miles of Badegg's.

Hmmm.

If I have an obsession with the dog, it didn't start til the dog had an obsession with the New York Giants.

:D

And I can't help but notice you didn't answer the question doggy.

Italian Hotdog

I guess you need more time to think about that one. :o

Italian Hotdog

I guess you need more time to think about that one. :o

the dog is not so sure it is flattery at this point, and possibly just creepy...you see nesta, not everyone here has the time to spend searching through old threads to highlight other member's posts, or to respond immediately to everything that is on here...it is good for you that your responsibilities are limited enough to allow you to do such laborious tasks. Much appreciated!

the dog is not so sure it is flattery at this point, and possibly just creepy...you see nesta, not everyone here has the time to spend searching through old threads to highlight other member's posts, or to respond immediately to everything that is on here...it is good for you that your responsibilities are limited enough to allow you to do such laborious tasks. Much appreciated!

So, I guess this means you and eggy are 1 in the same then? You just thanked him for finding your posts...lol

And, its not that hard snoop doggy doo, remember, youve done it yourself, or should I say SELVES, before. ;)

So, I guess this means you and eggy are 1 in the same then? You just thanked him for finding your posts...lol

And, its not that hard snoop doggy doo, remember, youve done it yourself, or should I say SELVES, before. ;)

read again court jester, the dog stated "other member's posts"...

LOL dog if u find using the search feature a laborous task, I pity u.

Likewise if u find my comments toward u flattering.

and yet again u dodge the question.

Its ok though as I already know the answer.