SportsWrath

Tyrell Johnson?

Taylorized56

I was checking out a Giants blog and they mentioned some potential picks for big blue. I don't know much about Johnson, anyone watch him play in college or familiar with him?

Another player the GMen are interested in is Arkansas State Safety Tyrell Johnson, who was the defensive player of the year in the Sun Belt Conference. He had 94 tackles, 6 interceptions and 4 forced fumbles this season. He is 6′ 202lbs, led all safeties in the bench press and broad jump at the combine and clocked in at 4.42 in the 40 yard dash. This kid is flying up draft boards, and would look great in blue next season.

here's a couple others

The Giants have shown interest in Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus. He is a right tackle prospect who should be selected around when the Giants pick in the first round. This is not our top need, but maybe we are trying to get someone who is high on Cherilus to trade down, or maybe we are looking for the heir to Kareem McKenzie down the road.

A player that the Giants have to be interested in right now is Tennessee linebacker Jerod Mayo. Mayo can play all three linebackers spots at 6′2 233lbs, and is a great tackler with sideline to sideline speed. He may be the best player on the board when the Giants are on the clock. Plus I think Mel Kiper has a man crush on him and says he will be a better pro than USC’s Keith Rivers, if that is worth anything.

I'll be pissed if we take an offensive tackle with our first, apparently this draft is deep at that position.

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/