SportsWrath

Gee- I wonder who Hank takes after?

fringe

“Red Sox Nation?” Hank says. “What a bunch of [expletive] that is. That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans. Go anywhere in America and you won’t see Red Sox hats and jackets, you’ll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We’re going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order.” - Hank Steinbrenner, Play Magazine

You know, I don't care if you're the biggest Yankee fan in the world, you have to admit- Hank is a total nitwit. At least George's arrogance came off as confidence. Hank seems to have no filter between his brain and his mouth, and he says things that are just ridiculously stupid.

theo has been making some caustic remarks as well. didn't he just call mussina a headache or something like that?

I seriously doubt that. Theo's not one to stoke the fires. He's usually pretty careful in what he says about the Yanks. I'd definitely like to see a link to that.

NJ.com - The Red Sox open this season against the Oakland A's in Japan. Appearing on Boston radio station WEEI last Friday, Epstein said, "Kevin Brown and Mike Mussina spent the whole time bitching about it ... and by the time the Yankees team got back from the trip they were all using it as a crutch." Told of the comments, Mussina said sarcastically, "Yeah, we used it as an excuse for winning the division."

PS - George Bush was pretty funny with the Sox yesterday at the White House.

"I'm sorry Manny Ramirez, isn't here. I guess his grandmother died again,"

PS - George Bush was pretty funny with the Sox yesterday at the White House.

"I'm sorry Manny Ramirez, isn't here. I guess his grandmother died again,"

lol I saw that line from Bush. Very funny.

As for Theo, I'm surprised he would say that. Just doesn't sound like him. Regardless, that's not really calling Mussina a headache (which, to me, says the guy is a clubhouse cancer) as much as saying he was complaining about one particular thing. As for Mussina's reply, how about just going out and winning something important, Mike.

lol I saw that line from Bush. Very funny.

As for Theo, I'm surprised he would say that. Just doesn't sound like him. Regardless, that's not really calling Mussina a headache (which, to me, says the guy is a clubhouse cancer) as much as saying he was complaining about one particular thing. As for Mussina's reply, how about just going out and winning something important, Mike.

From an independant 3rd party, I think theo's comment was almost as bad as Steinbrenners. Meaning I was equally surprised either comment was made.

From an independant 3rd party, I think theo's comment was almost as bad as Steinbrenners. Meaning I was equally surprised either comment was made.

Well, I don't want Theo saying anything about the Yankees, but in his defense, at least what he said was true. The Yankees did spend a lot of time early that season whining about the Japan trip. If you hear the clip, his point was that he asked the veterans on the team to keep the excuses about Japan to a minimum if they should struggle out of the gate.

Getting back to Hank, he said you never see Red Sox hats outside of New England, which tells me he's either a.) oblivious, b.) blind, or c.) in severe denial. I don't know if you guys have been to Disneyworld, or Cooperstown, or any Red Sox road game last year, but if you have you'd know this is a laughable statement.

I really wish Hank would shut up. At least that's all he really is...a mouth. Hal has the real power. Yes there are more Red Sox hats being worn around...but "Red Sox nation" is a load of shit. I don't know who made it up but that crap only happened because of the Sox winning the WS. I don't see a St. Louis Cardinals nation or even a Patriots nation.

Well, I don't want Theo saying anything about the Yankees, but in his defense, at least what he said was true. The Yankees did spend a lot of time early that season whining about the Japan trip. If you hear the clip, his point was that he asked the veterans on the team to keep the excuses about Japan to a minimum if they should struggle out of the gate.

Getting back to Hank, he said you never see Red Sox hats outside of New England, which tells me he's either a.) oblivious, b.) blind, or c.) in severe denial. I don't know if you guys have been to Disneyworld, or Cooperstown, or any Red Sox road game last year, but if you have you'd know this is a laughable statement.

True or not, doesn't make it any less of a swipe at the Yankees.

Bottom line is this a damn sight better to talk about then steroids. :clap:

I'm gonna hold off on hating the steroid talk until Red Sox players are the ones being called before congress and humiliated in the press. :)

Seriously, though, Lester had control problems today. My annual seven-month (eight, if I'm lucky) baseball-related anxiety is back! :clap:

I'm gonna hold off on hating the steroid talk until Red Sox players are the ones being called before congress and humiliated in the press. :)

Seriously, though, Lester had control problems today. My annual seven-month (eight, if I'm lucky) baseball-related anxiety is back! :clap:

And my annual spring training hope is back at least until the second week of the regular season. Which will then give way drunkingly bitching about poor pitching, half the team being on the disabled list and Michael Young going for yet another 200 hit season.

Alriiiiiight. :rock:

Just because Canseco and Clemens did not end their careers with the Red Sox does not make them any less of former Red Sox. :P

How thankful are you that asshole Roger did not come back there last year? You should send the Yankees a fruit basket for giving him that 28 mil, because word was he wanted back with the Sox, because well they were a better team, but shit for 28 mil I assume he would play SS for the Rays.