SportsWrath

Gee- I wonder who Hank takes after?

fringe

This is getting good:

Bostonherald.com - Shortly after the Yankees’ new Boss, Hank Steinbrenner, complained about “what a bunch of (expletive)” Red Sox [ team stats] Nation is, Red Sox principal owner John Henry has responded. Sensing jealousy, Henry is killing Steinbrenner with kindness. He’s adopting him as one of his own - an offer Steinbrenner has already rejected“I’m a big Hank fan,” wrote Henry in an e-mail to the Herald. “Just to ensure he knows how cool Red Sox Nation is, (Saturday) we officially inducted him as a member of Red Sox Nation and we are sending him his membership card giving him access to an array of options including our newsletter, bumper stickers, pins, Green Monster seats and a hat personally autographed by David Ortiz [ stats].” When told about the offer, Steinbrenner said no thanks. “I am not joining Red Sox Nation, honorary or not,” Steinbrenner told the New York Post yesterday at Yankees headquarters at Legends Field. “I’ll respond to that later. Trust me, I am not joining Red Sox Nation.”

This is getting good:

Bostonherald.com - Shortly after the Yankees’ new Boss, Hank Steinbrenner, complained about “what a bunch of (expletive)” Red Sox [ team stats] Nation is, Red Sox principal owner John Henry has responded. Sensing jealousy, Henry is killing Steinbrenner with kindness. He’s adopting him as one of his own - an offer Steinbrenner has already rejected“I’m a big Hank fan,” wrote Henry in an e-mail to the Herald. “Just to ensure he knows how cool Red Sox Nation is, (Saturday) we officially inducted him as a member of Red Sox Nation and we are sending him his membership card giving him access to an array of options including our newsletter, bumper stickers, pins, Green Monster seats and a hat personally autographed by David Ortiz [ stats].” When told about the offer, Steinbrenner said no thanks. “I am not joining Red Sox Nation, honorary or not,” Steinbrenner told the New York Post yesterday at Yankees headquarters at Legends Field. “I’ll respond to that later. Trust me, I am not joining Red Sox Nation.”

yeah i read that too, great response by henry. the ortiz signed ball was a great touch--im sure george will love it

i've seen more red sox hats lately than i've ever seen. but, the same could be said of yankee hats in the '90's.

Be glad you dont live in AZ. There's always Yankee gear evrywhere arond here, but its like the people wearing Dallas gear, its just a trend. They know nothing about the team, let alone the sport. Now, there are people wearing Red Sux and Pats gear. I love this state, but its sports following is just pathetic.