SportsWrath

Anyone comin to AZ?

BIGBLUE01

Just wondering if anyone is coming down to the Valley of the Sun. Id like to meet you, show you around. Help you out in anyway I can. There is a great bunch of loyal Giant fans here, and my little Meadowlands Mafia West is the greatest group of guys. All orig from back east and now we make our homes here. Kids wearing Blue, wives, the whole nine. If anyone is coming t attend the game or just wanna party in the stae that our Gmen are playing the SB......I got you.

GO GIANTS!!!

Just wondering if anyone is coming down to the Valley of the Sun. Id like to meet you, show you around. Help you out in anyway I can. There is a great bunch of loyal Giant fans here, and my little Meadowlands Mafia West is the greatest group of guys. All orig from back east and now we make our homes here. Kids wearing Blue, wives, the whole nine. If anyone is coming t attend the game or just wanna party in the stae that our Gmen are playing the SB......I got you.

GO GIANTS!!!

How is the living down there....in a couple of years I may relocate to either New Mexico or Arizona. NM I was thinking Santa Fe....AZ is more of a mystery. Any advice?

How is the living down there....in a couple of years I may relocate to either New Mexico or Arizona. NM I was thinking Santa Fe....AZ is more of a mystery. Any advice?

Well, it dependson what you like. If you like GREAT golf, the absolute BEST weather in the world 7-8 months of the year, and year round perfect weather thats only about an hour away than Phoenix AZ is the place for you.

If you like the boring desert, than NM is the place for you. <_<

I started laughing when you said Santa Fe, not because of the town itself, but a cowboy fan that I used to wk with is from there and recently moved back there. He has been texting me all night last night giving me EVERY excuse in the book about thier loss to us, and how we're the worst team in the history to make it. Yeah, that place, from what he says....is a cowboy country. But then again, thats what has made my hate for that franchise grow even more, because the Dallas fans here are equally as pathetic. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my advice would be AZ. I know Im partial, but other than the sports following being a little pathetic, AZ is great. And as far as the heat you've heard about, its a dry heat. Virtually no humidity like back home. A lot easier to take.

I'll be watching the game in the heat too...in Australia.

Your down under, eh Tree? I think I remember you being from down there. Tell me, does it get hotter than AZ in the summer? Cause it gets pretty hot here, just no humidity.

Your down under, eh Tree? I think I remember you being from down there. Tell me, does it get hotter than AZ in the summer? Cause it gets pretty hot here, just no humidity.

The hottest I've been in back home was 48oC, nearly 120oF. It's mostly dry heat too, though it will get humid a couple of days each summer which makes it totally unbearable.

The hottest I've been in back home was 48oC, nearly 120oF. It's mostly dry heat too, though it will get humid a couple of days each summer which makes it totally unbearable.

The hottest I have been in, is 122oF. It was right about the time we moved down here. I almost melted. But it was a dry heat, like I said. Not as bad as with humidity.

The hottest I have been in, is 122oF. It was right about the time we moved down here. I almost melted. But it was a dry heat, like I said. Not as bad as with humidity.

The worst for me was the first time I came here to visit (Saskatchewan, Canada). It was 40oC when I got on the plane in Perth, and -42oC when I got off here (they were calling -60oC with the windchill). I nearly died of shock. At that time I'd never even seen snow before.

I don't understand the "dry heat" thing. To me, it's just fucking hot out.

Oh, its fuckin hot, dont get me wrong. But its only for about 3 months and the dry thing means, theres no humidity. And it does make a huge difference. With humidity thrown in there, it'd be so miserable no one would live here.

Oh, its fuckin hot, dont get me wrong. But its only for about 3 months and the dry thing means, theres no humidity. And it does make a huge difference. With humidity thrown in there, it'd be so miserable no one would live here.

So I guess it's safe to say that I wouldn't be able to walk 18 holes? I love it when

it's hot and humid out at my golf course...none of the old geezers play. Plus I don't

have to hear how when they were kids in 1912 the Cyclone in Coney Island was free.

So I guess it's safe to say that I wouldn't be able to walk 18 holes? I love it when

it's hot and humid out at my golf course...none of the old geezers play. Plus I don't

have to hear how when they were kids in 1912 the Cyclone in Coney Island was free.

Sure, I walk 18 holes all the time. With all the trees, it really helps. But the only problem for you is, a lot of those geezers, relocated down here. So now Im well aware of the Cyclone being free back in the day. <_<

Sure, I walk 18 holes all the time. With all the trees, it really helps. But the only problem for you is, a lot of those geezers, relocated down here. So now Im well aware of the Cyclone being free back in the day. <_>

You play too? I DEMAND a Golf section now. haha.

Have you ever played the TPC at Scottsdale or is that for blue bloods

and numerals?

You play too? I DEMAND a Golf section now. haha.

Have you ever played the TPC at Scottsdale or is that for blue bloods

and numerals?

Oh yeah, love to play. It was like it was meant for me to play, because when my family and I moved down here in 88', we moved into a little neighborhood called MARYVALE. And the house we bought, was directly across the street from Maryvale Golf Course. Our house, was directly in front of the 11th hole, a par 3. So needless to say, we woke up with golf balls in our front yd all the time. :rolleyes:

Never played at TPC, but have been there for the FBR open a few times. Its an expensive course, I like to go back to Maryvale from time to time, (I moved to the East Valley which is further away now) cause my friends are still out there and when I dont have a lot of time, I'll do the Encanto back nine.

Well, it dependson what you like. If you like GREAT golf, the absolute BEST weather in the world 7-8 months of the year, and year round perfect weather thats only about an hour away than Phoenix AZ is the place for you.

If you like the boring desert, than NM is the place for you. <_<

I started laughing when you said Santa Fe, not because of the town itself, but a cowboy fan that I used to wk with is from there and recently moved back there. He has been texting me all night last night giving me EVERY excuse in the book about thier loss to us, and how we're the worst team in the history to make it. Yeah, that place, from what he says....is a cowboy country. But then again, thats what has made my hate for that franchise grow even more, because the Dallas fans here are equally as pathetic. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my advice would be AZ. I know Im partial, but other than the sports following being a little pathetic, AZ is great. And as far as the heat you've heard about, its a dry heat. Virtually no humidity like back home. A lot easier to take.

Thanks man....golf is not my bag. More of tennis, bike and motorcycle guy. So I love wide open spaces.

Thanks man....golf is not my bag. More of tennis, bike and motorcycle guy. So I love wide open spaces.

My daughter and a good buddy of mine play alot of Tennis too. Great weather here for that as well. And as for bikes and motorcycles, what'ya think of this one?

l_89587999581340be458fc1e9235adf3e.jpg

l_504ee3f2aa59becc37d2d6439860e804.jpg

Thats my brother and is ninja. We're into bikes as well, him a little more than I, but I love bikes!

My daughter and a good buddy of mine play alot of Tennis too. Great weather here for that as well. And as for bikes and motorcycles, what'ya think of this one?

l_89587999581340be458fc1e9235adf3e.jpg

l_504ee3f2aa59becc37d2d6439860e804.jpg

Thats my brother and is ninja. We're into bikes as well, him a little more than I, but I love bikes!

Oh SHIT!!! That is a bike....I always loved that chromium blue color scheme. I was never a Ninja (Honda) fan but that is a bad bike. What is it a 1000cc, 750 ? My bikes are a Kawasaki Concurs (big into sport touring) and a nice commuter bike a 1990 Yamaha Radian. Always wanted to get a BMW with the anti-lock breaking system....but first came marriage....then kids.....and my other hobbies. Guaranteed if I make it to AZ I will go with my bike passion full speed. All of my hobbies cost money bikes, motorcycles, computers, aquarium fish and traveling. Any lotteries in AZ, LOL. My 92' Concurs has a luminous custom blue paint job that a friend who is a detailer did for me. But over the years the road dust and dings have dulled it down. I am definitely in need of an upgrade. I will probably go BMW, Kawasaki and/or Yamaha. Suzuki never did anything for me; and Honda's were never my bag. But that Ninja is sweet.

Oh SHIT!!! That is a bike....I always loved that chromium blue color scheme. I was never a Ninja (Honda) fan but that is a bad bike. What is it a 1000cc, 750 ? My bikes are a Kawasaki Concurs (big into sport touring) and a nice commuter bike a 1990 Yamaha Radian. Always wanted to get a BMW with the anti-lock breaking system....but first came marriage....then kids.....and my other hobbies. Guaranteed if I make it to AZ I will go with my bike passion full speed. All of my hobbies cost money bikes, motorcycles, computers, aquarium fish and traveling. Any lotteries in AZ, LOL. My 92' Concurs has a luminous custom blue paint job that a friend who is a detailer did for me. But over the years the road dust and dings have dulled it down. I am definitely in need of an upgrade. I will probably go BMW, Kawasaki and/or Yamaha. Suzuki never did anything for me; and Honda's were never my bag. But that Ninja is sweet.

Its my bro's bike, but I believe its a 1000cc's. And I like cruisers a little more than crotch rockets, but my bro is into speed, so obviously, this bike is for him. And yeah, we got lotteries here, a ton of em! LOL. Ive always been enamored with motorcycles, but Im still learnin from my brother. And that blue, hmmm, seems familiar....GIANT BLUE BABY!

I used to live in Tucson, AZ. 1989-1993. When the Giants played the AZ Cards once a year We would go to the game at Tempe Stadium. Always got decent seats back then. 35 yd line, "Giants" side, like 15-20 rows up from the field. On those hot ass metal seats.....Danny Kannell, Charles Way, Meggett etc...