SportsWrath

Decisions based on race?

same reason why they think bonds and vick are victims of witch hunts--they're black and the majority of the country is white. therefore there can be no other explanation other than the fact that we're all a bunch of racists :mellow:

400 hundred years of repression.

Keep supporting low-lifes like Pacman Jones and you'll keep getting repressed, NOT because of the color of your skin, but by the content of that mans character whose behavior is downright dispicable, no matter how famous or what color you are.

same reason why they think bonds and vick are victims of witch hunts--they're black and the majority of the country is white. therefore there can be no other explanation other than the fact that we're all a bunch of racists :mellow:

It did seem to me they came down a lot harder on Bonds than they did McGuire.

It did seem to me they came down a lot harder on Bonds than they did McGuire.

two completely different cases ditto. mcgwire wasn't dumb enough to lie to the gov't. bonds problems stem from beyond just doing steroids

two completely different cases ditto. mcgwire wasn't dumb enough to lie to the gov't. bonds problems stem from beyond just doing steroids

well i wouldn't say mcgwire was smart. and i do question the impetus of extreme measures and cost used to finally get an indictment on bonds.

Speak for yourself whitey, I've been defending Bonds for a while. now Vick? Well, that nig#er can hang.

What I'm saying is, it is us as the fans who came down harder on Bonds.

PS. Even most Yankee fans, who we all know have hearts of gold, did not want Bonds in NY.

well i wouldn't say mcgwire was smart. and i do question the impetus of extreme measures and cost used to finally get an indictment on bonds.

mcgwire was smart to take his lumps in the media while not breaking the law. i'm not a big anti-steroids crusader by any means. but he lied to a grand jury and that's against the law--and way worse than anything we know mcgwire did

What I'm saying is, it is us as the fans who came down harder on Bonds.

PS. Even most Yankee fans, who we all know have hearts of gold, did not want Bonds in NY.

if bonds wasn't chasing and breaking aaron's record people wouldn't have come down as hard. he doesn't help his situation by being defiant about the whole situation. Giambi told the truth, took his lumps from the fans, and started hitting after he put all the steroids mess behind him, so the fans got over it. if bonds had been honest w/ the grand jury all those years ago, there would have been more cheers when he broke the record simply bc so many years would have passed.

i mean no one's coming down hard on sheffield right? last i checked, he was black too