SportsWrath

TOP 10 MOST MEMORABLE GAMES

BIGBLUE01

Since this was brought up, I thought it would be neat to get everyones top 10 games. Doesnt necessarily have to be playoff or SB games, but obviously probably will be.

Here's my list, whish was previously posted on another thread:

1. 1987 SB XXI- GIANTS 39, Denver Broncos 20

Most memorable ever. Secured a place in my heart for the Gmen for eternity. I was 16 yrs old, very impressionable and a HUGE LT fan. Till that point, most of my knowledge and memories came from Uncles, etc (dad was always more of a college fan) But I was a young man then, and Simms' performance and that D, not to mention Bavaro hooked me for life.

2. 1991 SB XXV- GIANTS 20, Buffalo Bills 19

At the ripe young age of 20, I was witnessing our 2nd SB in 4 yrs. The NFC had been dominating the SB for years now, and we had some great games with the 49ers/Bears the past few seasons. This SB, was one of the best games I had seen in a while. Not a Giants whooped ass kinda great game, but purely a good football game. I won so much momey on that game, everyone had the Bills. I still remember jumping out of my seat and throwing my hands in the air when that kick missed.

3.1987 Jan 11th NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 17 REDSKINS 0

Blanking the Redskins, a division rival, in this big a game....need I say more??

4. 1987 Jan 4th NFC Playoff game GIANTS 49 49ers 3

This game was remarkable! Handling the powerful 49ers who just the previous yr we had a little more difficulty with was so sweet!

5. 2008 Jan 13th NFC DIVISONAL PLAYOFF GAME GIANTS 21 Cowboys 17

This game is huge for many reasons. Not only is it a divisional game against my MOST HATED rival, but it is such a historic game. No other #1 seed has lost that game. We were taken for granted, and we overcame so much to be where were at, Im so proud of what they have done to this point, beating Dallas was just that much sweeter. Esp. livin here in AZ, I think that has a lot to do with why I hate Dallas more than the other rivals, its pathetic here.

6. Jan 7th 2001 NFC DIVISIONAL Playoff GIANTS 20 Philly 10

This game was great from the beginning when Ron Dixon returned a kickoff early for a TD. I knew at that moment we had something special as far as makin it to the SB. Dont mention what happened when we got there. Beating a rival anytime, esp in the playoffs, is extra seewt.

7. Jan 14th 2001 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 41 Vikings 0

Yes I rank this game behind #6 even though this got us to the big dance, mainly because we beat a div rival in that one, thats sweeter to me. But this game HAS to be in a Giant fans top ten. What a remarkable showing on both sides of the ball, and against the high powered 15-1 Vikings, GREAT game.

8. Dec 27th 1982 NFC Playoffs GIANTS 27 Eagles 21

This is one of my earliest memories of Giant games, and the victory came against a hated div rival.I was 11, and I still remember my uncle, after drinking so much beer, peeing his pants from celebrating too much. At least thats what he told me.

9. Jan 13 1991 NFC Playoff game GIANTS 31 Bears 3

Another dominating performance against a team that we had some trouble with a few yrs earlier, and enroute to our 2nd SB.

10. Jan 20th 1991 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 15 SF 13

What a game! Came down to the wire and earned us our 2nd SB trip, where we eventually got that 2nd Lombardi trophy.

There, those are my top 10. With the reg season finale back in 2002 against Philly in OT a close 11th, that was great game and Shockeys rookie yr. Remember his memorable grab over Dawkins?

I dunno if it's tp 10, but when the lowly Giants beat the undefeated Broncos, I thought that was a big win.

Oh hell yeah, thats definatley top 15 for me, I just have so many playoff games takin up spots. But that win was friggin HUGE! I remember having a Bronco fan at our table, the look on his face! :LMAO:

Oh hell yeah, thats definatley top 15 for me, I just have so many playoff games takin up spots. But that win was friggin HUGE! I remember having a Bronco fan at our table, the look on his face! :LMAO:

tell the dog, how did your friends face look when the broncos won their second straight super bowl that year? because the reality of it is, that is all that matters...

tell the dog, how did your friends face look when the broncos won their second straight super bowl that year? because the reality of it is, that is all that matters...

Dont know, didnt watch that game with him. Maybe for a Bronco fan that is all that matters. But I, as a Giant fan, love remembering that one.

Ten that come to mind immediately are (all years are the season, not necessarily when the game was played):

10.) At Philly last year (The comeback, and Plax in OT)

9.) 1986 regular season victory in Minny (Bobby Johnson on 4th & 17)

8.) 1981 regular season finale victory vs. Cowboys to make the playoffs

7.) Sunday vs. Dallas

6.) 1981 playoff victory vs. Eagles

5.) 1986 49-3 playoff victory over Niners

4.) 2000 NFC Championship Game

3.) 1990 NFC Championship Game

2.) Super Bowl XXI

1.) Super Bowl XXV

#s 1-3 are pretty much interchangeable. Doesn't get any better than any of those 3 if you're a G-men fan.

Ten that come to mind immediately are (all years are the season, not necessarily when the game was played):

7.) Sunday vs. Dallas

2.) Super Bowl XXI

1.) Super Bowl XXV

#s 1-3 are pretty much interchangeable. Doesn't get any better than any of those 3 if you're a G-men fan.

Wasup mickeef?

I got 1-7 on miy list too, not in the exact same order, but I got em. 8-10, man, great games. :TU:

Ten that come to mind immediately are:

7.) Sunday vs. Dallas

2.) Super Bowl XXI

1.) Super Bowl XXV

all wins. mick? i could think of 5 memorable losses off the bat

1. the fumble

2. 2002 v 9ers

3. phil simms number retirement v cowboys

4. flipper fucken anderson

5. most of the 1970's ( and i can't remember much from the 70's)

1. the fumble

2. 2002 v 9ers

By the sound of that, Im glad I dont remember the 70's. (I was born in 70') Before ten years old, I dont remember to much.

1. the fumble

2. 2002 v 9ers

lol Negative fuck. Typical Giant fan.

Lived through the fumble, and all the John McVay years, for that matter (became a fan during Arnsparger's final year). I remember them all well, though I wouldn't exactly call them "memorable".

Since this was brought up, I thought it would be neat to get everyones top 10 games. Doesnt necessarily have to be playoff or SB games, but obviously probably will be.

Here's my list, whish was previously posted on another thread:

1. 1987 SB XXI- GIANTS 39, Denver Broncos 20

Most memorable ever. Secured a place in my heart for the Gmen for eternity. I was 16 yrs old, very impressionable and a HUGE LT fan. Till that point, most of my knowledge and memories came from Uncles, etc (dad was always more of a college fan) But I was a young man then, and Simms' performance and that D, not to mention Bavaro hooked me for life.

2. 1991 SB XXV- GIANTS 20, Buffalo Bills 19

At the ripe young age of 20, I was witnessing our 2nd SB in 4 yrs. The NFC had been dominating the SB for years now, and we had some great games with the 49ers/Bears the past few seasons. This SB, was one of the best games I had seen in a while. Not a Giants whooped ass kinda great game, but purely a good football game. I won so much momey on that game, everyone had the Bills. I still remember jumping out of my seat and throwing my hands in the air when that kick missed.

3.1987 Jan 11th NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 17 REDSKINS 0

Blanking the Redskins, a division rival, in this big a game....need I say more??

4. 1987 Jan 4th NFC Playoff game GIANTS 49 49ers 3

This game was remarkable! Handling the powerful 49ers who just the previous yr we had a little more difficulty with was so sweet!

5. 2008 Jan 13th NFC DIVISONAL PLAYOFF GAME GIANTS 21 Cowboys 17

This game is huge for many reasons. Not only is it a divisional game against my MOST HATED rival, but it is such a historic game. No other #1 seed has lost that game. We were taken for granted, and we overcame so much to be where were at, Im so proud of what they have done to this point, beating Dallas was just that much sweeter. Esp. livin here in AZ, I think that has a lot to do with why I hate Dallas more than the other rivals, its pathetic here.

6. Jan 7th 2001 NFC DIVISIONAL Playoff GIANTS 20 Philly 10

This game was great from the beginning when Ron Dixon returned a kickoff early for a TD. I knew at that moment we had something special as far as makin it to the SB. Dont mention what happened when we got there. Beating a rival anytime, esp in the playoffs, is extra seewt.

7. Jan 14th 2001 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 41 Vikings 0

Yes I rank this game behind #6 even though this got us to the big dance, mainly because we beat a div rival in that one, thats sweeter to me. But this game HAS to be in a Giant fans top ten. What a remarkable showing on both sides of the ball, and against the high powered 15-1 Vikings, GREAT game.

8. Dec 27th 1982 NFC Playoffs GIANTS 27 Eagles 21

This is one of my earliest memories of Giant games, and the victory came against a hated div rival.I was 11, and I still remember my uncle, after drinking so much beer, peeing his pants from celebrating too much. At least thats what he told me.

9. Jan 13 1991 NFC Playoff game GIANTS 31 Bears 3

Another dominating performance against a team that we had some trouble with a few yrs earlier, and enroute to our 2nd SB.

10. Jan 20th 1991 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 15 SF 13

What a game! Came down to the wire and earned us our 2nd SB trip, where we eventually got that 2nd Lombardi trophy.

There, those are my top 10. With the reg season finale back in 2002 against Philly in OT a close 11th, that was great game and Shockeys rookie yr. Remember his memorable grab over Dawkins?

You're list is dead on between 1-5, and the rest is pretty damn good too.

I agree with you that the 2002 Philly Season ender and with mickeef that the 1981 Dallas-Giants ("Joe Danelo!") games were both great. That 1981 playoff clincher marked the end of a very dark chapter in the Giants history.

ANOTHER HUGE GAME: The Giants-49ers NFC Championship game in 1990 was unforgettable....the Giants wouldn't have even played Buffalo if not for that miraculous LT fumble recovery, and the subsequent Matt Bahr FG.

lol Negative fuck. Typical Giant fan.

Lived through the fumble, and all the John McVay years, for that matter (became a fan during Arnsparger's final year). I remember them all well, though I wouldn't exactly call them "memorable".

without "the fumble" there'd be no SB 1986. i think its pretty memorable, no?

You're list is dead on between 1-5, and the rest is pretty damn good too.

I agree with you that the 2002 Philly Season ender and with mickeef that the 1981 Dallas-Giants ("Joe Danelo!") games were both great. That 1981 playoff clincher marked the end of a very dark chapter in the Giants history.

ANOTHER HUGE GAME: The Giants-49ers NFC Championship game in 1990 was unforgettable....the Giants wouldn't have even played Buffalo if not for that miraculous LT fumble recovery, and the subsequent Matt Bahr FG.

Yeah, I got that one as my #10. GREAT GAME.

Yeah, I got that one as my #10. GREAT GAME.

Yep, you're right.....must have missed it because I was looking for "1990". Awesome game, and a great memory because I saw that one with my Dad and brother back when I lived on the East Coast.

Yep, you're right.....must have missed it because I was looking for "1990". Awesome game, and a great memory because I saw that one with my Dad and brother back when I lived on the East Coast.

LOL..I always get that mixed up. The season was played in 90', the actual plaoffs and SB in 91'. Where ya live now?

What matters to me is the fact that as great as John Elway is/was (some say the best)...he NEVER beat the Giants...EVER. That is a victory any Giant fan should be proud of. :flex:

My ten

10. Giants vs. Vikings 00

9. Giants vs. Broncos 98

8. Giants vs. Redskins 07

7. Giants vs. Jets 07

6. Giants vs. Eagles 06

5. Giants vs. Eagles 02

4. Giants vs. Eagles playoffs 00

3. Giants vs. Broncos 05

2. Giants vs. Cowboys 07

1. Giants vs. Cowboys 04-05 season

I'm surprised Eli's first win wasnt on the list. That was my best moment so far.

My ten

10. Giants vs. Vikings 00

9. Giants vs. Broncos 98

8. Giants vs. Redskins 07

7. Giants vs. Jets 07

6. Giants vs. Eagles 06

5. Giants vs. Eagles 02

4. Giants vs. Eagles playoffs 00

3. Giants vs. Broncos 05

2. Giants vs. Cowboys 07

1. Giants vs. Cowboys 04-05 season

I'm surprised Eli's first win wasnt on the list. That was my best moment so far.

How old are you gate? Not poking fun, just curious.

Halloween 2000 OT victory in philly on a Strahan pick 6.... I was there seats in the endzone. I have NEVER heard a crowd go from cheering to dead silence like that....

The most forgettable game was the superbowl loss to the Ravens.... Wild Turkey helped me have no recollection after halftime....