SportsWrath

Sunday at the sombrero summary

boohyah

First off, huge props to the following.

Ruegamer: Apart from the play in the 1st quarter where Eli was sacked, he did a solid job in an underated position, we never missed a beat on the line.

Webster: Deservedly he got the shaft from everyone, perhaps he got the message with the losing of his job, but he has reacted very well, he's been playing well on special teams. Yesterday he covered Joey Galloway extremely well, so much so that by the second quarter, the commentators were playing up Galloway's injury as an excuse. Truth be told, that performance yesterday, might just give Jerry Reese an inkling that maybe Sam Madison is expendable at year end.

Tynes: Seriously, the laugh out loud moment of the year, how do you botch a fumble recovery so badly!. I swear this guy might have improved this year, but he has to go at year end and get some kicker in here with a clue. It was so funny to hear Aikman and Buck simply crack up at that, how could you not?

Couldn't ask for more from the offense yesterday. The line weathered the storm early and put a beating on that defensive line yesterday. Been hearing about that Bucs linebacker crew all week and they couldn't do shit. We never panicked when the run couldn't get going, it's a little disappointing to watch Jacobs tip toe through holes that aren't there when he's big enough to hit guys and grind out the extra one of two yards. By the time he gets to the line of scrimmage, he's lost momnetum. I know you've got to read your blocks but he's just hesitating a little too much. The wide receivers were clearly pumped for this game and aside from Smith's drop, they couldn't have done a whole lot better. Toomer especially. I really like Smith and hope he gets a full season, I believe he's the real deal. Boss has done very well and it even looked like he was doing a good job blocking. Bradshaw was great in that he alone killed the Bucs spirit in the 4th. What a great 7th round draft we had this year.

What can you say about Eli?. I mean I beat him up in the Buffalo game and I believe I was right in doing so, and then the last 2 games he's the secong coming. I'll take consistancy over one great game/one disapperance act every second game. But if he can just do that yesterday against, we'll win the game. Again, it's simply managing the game, we all know he has lapses, but if he could control it to one or two a game, then I'll take it. Yesterday he was pump faking and looking off guys and it was great shit to watch.

Defensive line put a hurting on Garcia, seriously every time they hit him, you could see it on garcia's face that he was just a little deflated. One roughing the passer was not bad considering the amount of times our guys buried his ass. I know that TD"s and INT's get all the highlight reels on TV, but Strahan's sack yesterday on Garcia was a major highlight in the way he owned the RT, kid was flailing around like he had no idea what hit him, great stuff!. Our secondary sucked, simply sucked, and if we suck like that next week against Dallas, we'll own them. You hardly heard Ross's name all day, which is good. I said what needs to be said about Webster, but Butler and Gibril have played a lot better recently and that to me has to be because of the play of Dahl and Johnson while both were injured. No harm.

Special teams have been much improved this year, our guys have been very aggressive, well except for McQuarters. He's put back there to be a safety valve so as not to fumble but I don't get why he isn't coming up under those shorter punts and calling fair catch. He's letting them hit the ground and not one has bounced in our favor. Feagles was okay on punts but gets kudos for handling the bad snap on the field goal. Zak Deossie had a half tackle........Zak De Ossie is God!!! :worshippy:

Gilbride and Spagnolo called a great game yesterday, credit where credit is due on Gilbride, we've been burying him for weeks. But you have to say now that Coughlin has done the job. Sure he's deserves some of the shit he gets, he's still pouts and whines out there, he's probably best on the road as he spends more time coaching and less time imploring the crowd. But he's been better this year no question. Fact is next week, we can win this game and truth be told, he could be the guy that makes it happen. The problem with Tom is what can he do against Coaches like Bellichek and Dungy, guys who are very bright and innovative and who spend less time on control as Coughlin does and more time on winning games. Out of Holmgren/McCarthy and especially Phillips, there's not one guy there that you can say is head and shoulders going to outcoach him. Whether we like it or not, he's getting his extension.

By the way folks, Aikman praised the Giants all day yesterday, keep it in reserve for next week.

Mark it down, we're beating the Cowboys.

Definitely have a good chance against the Cowboys. I curious to see how tweaked TOs ankle is. If it truly is a problem for him, I think we win. Otherwise, it's a toss up.

As far as yesterdays game goes, props to everyone from the coaches down to the players. Aside from the 1st quarter, they dominated. Damn it was nice seeing a playoff win again.

First off, huge props to the following.

Ruegamer: Apart from the play in the 1st quarter where Eli was sacked, he did a solid job in an underated position, we never missed a beat on the line.

Webster: Deservedly he got the shaft from everyone, perhaps he got the message with the losing of his job, but he has reacted very well, he's been playing well on special teams. Yesterday he covered Joey Galloway extremely well, so much so that by the second quarter, the commentators were playing up Galloway's injury as an excuse. Truth be told, that performance yesterday, might just give Jerry Reese an inkling that maybe Sam Madison is expendable at year end.

Tynes: Seriously, the laugh out loud moment of the year, how do you botch a fumble recovery so badly!. I swear this guy might have improved this year, but he has to go at year end and get some kicker in here with a clue. It was so funny to hear Aikman and Buck simply crack up at that, how could you not?

Couldn't ask for more from the offense yesterday. The line weathered the storm early and put a beating on that defensive line yesterday. Been hearing about that Bucs linebacker crew all week and they couldn't do shit. We never panicked when the run couldn't get going, it's a little disappointing to watch Jacobs tip toe through holes that aren't there when he's big enough to hit guys and grind out the extra one of two yards. By the time he gets to the line of scrimmage, he's lost momnetum. I know you've got to read your blocks but he's just hesitating a little too much. The wide receivers were clearly pumped for this game and aside from Smith's drop, they couldn't have done a whole lot better. Toomer especially. I really like Smith and hope he gets a full season, I believe he's the real deal. Boss has done very well and it even looked like he was doing a good job blocking. Bradshaw was great in that he alone killed the Bucs spirit in the 4th. What a great 7th round draft we had this year.

What can you say about Eli?. I mean I beat him up in the Buffalo game and I believe I was right in doing so, and then the last 2 games he's the secong coming. I'll take consistancy over one great game/one disapperance act every second game. But if he can just do that yesterday against, we'll win the game. Again, it's simply managing the game, we all know he has lapses, but if he could control it to one or two a game, then I'll take it. Yesterday he was pump faking and looking off guys and it was great shit to watch.

Defensive line put a hurting on Garcia, seriously every time they hit him, you could see it on garcia's face that he was just a little deflated. One roughing the passer was not bad considering the amount of times our guys buried his ass. I know that TD"s and INT's get all the highlight reels on TV, but Strahan's sack yesterday on Garcia was a major highlight in the way he owned the RT, kid was flailing around like he had no idea what hit him, great stuff!. Our secondary sucked, simply sucked, and if we suck like that next week against Dallas, we'll own them. You hardly heard Ross's name all day, which is good. I said what needs to be said about Webster, but Butler and Gibril have played a lot better recently and that to me has to be because of the play of Dahl and Johnson while both were injured. No harm.

Special teams have been much improved this year, our guys have been very aggressive, well except for McQuarters. He's put back there to be a safety valve so as not to fumble but I don't get why he isn't coming up under those shorter punts and calling fair catch. He's letting them hit the ground and not one has bounced in our favor. Feagles was okay on punts but gets kudos for handling the bad snap on the field goal. Zak Deossie had a half tackle........Zak De Ossie is God!!! :worshippy:

Gilbride and Spagnolo called a great game yesterday, credit where credit is due on Gilbride, we've been burying him for weeks. But you have to say now that Coughlin has done the job. Sure he's deserves some of the shit he gets, he's still pouts and whines out there, he's probably best on the road as he spends more time coaching and less time imploring the crowd. But he's been better this year no question. Fact is next week, we can win this game and truth be told, he could be the guy that makes it happen. The problem with Tom is what can he do against Coaches like Bellichek and Dungy, guys who are very bright and innovative and who spend less time on control as Coughlin does and more time on winning games. Out of Holmgren/McCarthy and especially Phillips, there's not one guy there that you can say is head and shoulders going to outcoach him. Whether we like it or not, he's getting his extension.

By the way folks, Aikman praised the Giants all day yesterday, keep it in reserve for next week.

Mark it down, we're beating the Cowboys.

Nice summary..........however, you left off Madison Hedgecock. He doesn't get a lot of attention, but he's grinding it out with the big boys to solidify the frontline and creating some holes for Jacobs and Bradshaw. I think he's one of the most underrated pickups the Giants have made in a long time and it couldn't have come at a better time. He's proving his worth and he was a steal.

Very nice game. Its nice to see Webster make some plays, if he lives up to par, thats a nice you CB tandem for years to come. Anyone know if Strahan and Wilkinsons injuries are serious at all?

Strahan was back in the game, so i don't think it's too serious. I saw Wilk on the sidelines still in uniform, so hopefully he'll be ok too. no more injuries!

Nice summary..........however, you left off Madison Hedgecock. He doesn't get a lot of attention, but he's grinding it out with the big boys to solidify the frontline and creating some holes for Jacobs and Bradshaw. I think he's one of the most underrated pickups the Giants have made in a long time and it couldn't have come at a better time. He's proving his worth and he was a steal.

I'm seriously considering ordering a Hedgecock jersey.

Webster's coverage on Galloway was just...well...beautiful. Flawless, a real treat to watch. Good to see Spags has sorted him out.

i've given Hedgecock his due previously, but apart from the block on the Jacobs touchdown I didn't think he was overly effective. And I thought that when Bradshaw was running he got a lot of his yards after contact.

Again I wasn't too impressed bringing in a guy that the Rams cut loose, but he has been a good help this year. Finn is toast.

i've given Hedgecock his due previously, but apart from the block on the Jacobs touchdown I didn't think he was overly effective. And I thought that when Bradshaw was running he got a lot of his yards after contact.

Again I wasn't too impressed bringing in a guy that the Rams cut loose, but he has been a good help this year. Finn is toast.

Considering he signed for 5 years I'd say so. Somewhere Nem is smiling.