SportsWrath

Intersting trade made by twins and d-rays

Twins aquire Delmon Young, Brandon Harris and outfield prospect Jason Pirdie for Matt Garza, Jason Bartlett and AA reliever Eduardo Morlan.

Hmmm, this gives the D-Rays a pretty good 1-3 in Kazmir, Shields and Garza. The Rays are so incredibly stacked with outfield prospects, this made alot of sense for them...however, the thing that is interesting to me is that Twins gave up Garza when theyre trying to trade Santana.

The Twins desperately need outfield help and acquiring Young is a good start, but they still need more. their outfield is so incredibly awful, they pretty much need a complete overhaul their. Now, does this mean that teams like the Yankees are going to have to give up more for Santana or less?

This might mean the Twins will not need any of the 3 Mets OF prospects since they got Young, so the Mets might be officially out of the Santana race.

Maybe not! Although Young shows a lot of potential, he’s nowhere near a replacement for Hunter at this point. I can see the Mets offering Milledge and maybe a Pelfry for Santana. Of course, Milledge would have to tone down his rambunctious attitude somewhat to play in Minn, but it could be done. I certainly hope so, anyway. There’s talk of the Yankees sending Melky, Hughes, plus yet another prospect, which is a no, no to me. Why the Yankees have to pay so much more for players than other teams, I’ll never understand.

it's showing the yankees that a) they need santana more now that garza is gone and b) they no longer NEED a cf (melky) in any deal for santana. it's seriously a good strategy because it provides more balance on their team and gives them more leverage with the yanks

Maybe not! Although Young shows a lot of potential, he’s nowhere near a replacement for Hunter at this point. I can see the Mets offering Milledge and maybe a Pelfry for Santana. Of course, Milledge would have to tone down his rambunctious attitude somewhat to play in Minn, but it could be done. I certainly hope so, anyway. There’s talk of the Yankees sending Melky, Hughes, plus yet another prospect, which is a no, no to me. Why the Yankees have to pay so much more for players than other teams, I’ll never understand.

What rambunctious attitude does he have besides saying the word "ho"

in a music video. Which prompted the most asinine press conference by

the Mets I've ever seen. If your talking about what he did after his first home

run where he went up the right field line at Shea slapping hands with fans stop.

I thought it was pretty good and I wish more people did it actually, if you don't

like to be shown up don't throw a fucking meatball down the plate.

It's not like Lastings goes around throwing firecrackers out of cars and acts like

a total douchebag all of the time.