SportsWrath

Why we will beat the Vikings

Lughead

I Started thinking about the individual match ups we would have when Minni comes to town Sunday and other than Chester Taylor, Tavaris Jackson and AD (who is out) the only other Viking I know is Shiancoe . yeah that guy that used to come in for Shockey and well I guess did nothing.

Anyway I was looking at the match ups and though who do we have to watch for in terms of WR for the Vikings . so I go to their depth chart and start looking over the names I see Bobby Wade number 19 and Troy Williamson #82 are their #1 and #2 guys. I then go to their stats to see how they have been doing and I was a little befuddled to what I found after 11 games.

Wade,their top #1 receiver has a total of 31 catches for 358 yards and 0 TD's on the year thats only 32.54yards per game

Williamson, their #2 receiver (in depth) has 12 catches for 193 yards and 1 TD on the year that's only 17.72 yards per game

Sidney rice their #3 Receiver (in depth) has 20 catches for 230 yards and 2 TD's on the year

thats only 20.90 yards per game and he is questionable with a hamstring for Sunday.

Shiancoe is ranked 3rd highest in their Receiving Statistics with 19 catches for 272 yards and 1 td on the year and thats only 24.72 yards per game

so here is a look at the rest of the receiving stats chart for Minni . Robert Ferguson 16 catches for 167 yards for the year and Chester Taylor 13 catches 171 yards on the year. both with 0 td's. Both ahead of the Vikings #2 receiver in receptions mind you.

This is a chance for our Secondary to a fun day for a change.

o.k. ,now lets look at their Rb situation. We all know AD is out for this game so the load is shifted to Chester Taylor who has 83 attempts for 468 yards this year wich is only an average of 42.54 yards per game and 4 td's on the year. He got 164 yards last week against the Raiders the next in line is Mewelde Moore who has 10 attempts for 71 yards 7.1 yards a game with 0 td's .

The QB situation ? well It looks like Jackson is the starter and he has 127 attempts and 771 yards in 6 games and only 2 td's and 5 int's

Bottom Line is we take care of the run we will win the game as long as Tavaris does not turn into a Randell Cunningham <_ ...... i still to this day can not belive he got away from carl banks>

Bottom Line is we take care of the run

Thatsa big if.

Also, they're stellar against the run. As far as matchup goes, this is a lot closer than I would likefrom team we're supposed to be much better then. Their stregths on offense play to our weakness, likewise their strentgh on defense is where we are hurting, meaning Droughnes is our number one back this week apparently.

Just gotta hope Eli can have a big day and be smart with the ball.

Your stats are skewed because Taylor and Moore aren't the main backs. The better stat for them is yards per carry which is 5.6 and 7.1 respectively. Hardly crappy numbers and Taylor is no slouch.

I was thinking the same thing. Giving a yards per game on a guy who doesn't play as a regular down guy is....twisting the numbers.

who the hell is AD? You mean Adrian Peterson....?

His nickname in college was "All Day".

The Vikes have no passing game to speak of especially if Bollinger is still in and we've played very well against the run this year. I'm not worried. I don't see us scoring more than we have in the last few games but I'm not concerned about losing.

His nickname in college was "All Day".

The Vikes have no passing game to speak of especially if Bollinger is still in and we've played very well against the run this year. I'm not worried. I don't see us scoring more than we have in the last few games but I'm not concerned about losing.

wow, i've never heard a more gay nickname for an awesome player. poor dude.