SportsWrath

Jimmy Rollins wins NL MVP

Allstarjim

Well the voters got it wrong on this one. Should've been Holliday. Wow, Rollins hit a bunch of homeruns in that joke of a park he plays in, where pop flies go for homeruns. At least Coors field is a fair park, and since they've been storing their baseballs in humidifiers the offense has been normalized to a good extent. Sure, Rollins had a great season, but if David Wright played in Citizens Bank Park, he would hit 50 homeruns. Rollins did bring his team all the way back to catch the Mets, and he was a driving force in doing so, but then the Phillies went three and out in the first round, choking when it really matters just like they always do, just like all Philadelphia teams. Holliday also led his team back on a historic streak and put up phenomenal numbers all season. Next year the Mets will be back on top, screw J-Roll and his worthless MVP.

Well the voters got it wrong on this one. Should've been Holliday. Wow, Rollins hit a bunch of homeruns in that joke of a park he plays in, where pop flies go for homeruns. At least Coors field is a fair park, and since they've been storing their baseballs in humidifiers the offense has been normalized to a good extent. Sure, Rollins had a great season, but if David Wright played in Citizens Bank Park, he would hit 50 homeruns. Rollins did bring his team all the way back to catch the Mets, and he was a driving force in doing so, but then the Phillies went three and out in the first round, choking when it really matters just like they always do, just like all Philadelphia teams. Holliday also led his team back on a historic streak and put up phenomenal numbers all season. Next year the Mets will be back on top, screw J-Roll and his worthless MVP.

I agree that Holliday should have won, but Rollins was moe deserving than Wright. Liek you said, he was a vital part of hi team winning their division down the stretch. And Rollins only hit 5 more home runs at home than he did on the road, its not a significant difference. Rollins deserved to be runner up with Holliday winng and Wright finishing 3rd

MVP are of the regular season so it matters not that they sucked out in the play offs. Just ask A-Rod. You just new it would be a Philthidelphia player because of the way they won the East.

Finish my next statement

Jimmy Rollins winning the MVP is__________________________

not a bad call.

Halliday is an average fielder at best in the easiest position in baseball. and, Admiral is correct- lots of popups become hits in the Coors outfield. That said , I would not have argued if Halliday won.

It is well documented that the Phils cheated down the stretch by stealing the Mets signs with video cameras at that place they call a ballpark, which is smaller than my backyard. It also appears now that there is evidence that they placed sedatives in the Mets drinking water, thus making them seem like they did not care. I see no reason why in light of these events that Rollins wins the MVP other than to make people like Sharpton happy.

Congrats Jimmy you fuck face prick :P , see you in April :TU:

You're a friggin idiot.

This is 2007, in case you didn't know. The guy is at the top of his game. It was well deserved. Period.

I beg to differ. Youre right it is 2007 and the black baseball player is on the verge of extinction. Having a black player win this award that is not an accused drug user/cheater in back to back years is very good for the black community. It can motivate the black youth to play baseball.