SportsWrath

Returners

Lubeck

Some are fretting over our KR/PR situation and think we should be giving faster players a shot to get better returns.

There is one simple reason why McQuarters and Droughns are returning....hands. TC doesn't want to gamble losing a ball and setting up the other team with good field position.

Is it any coincidence that after Bradshaw had the fumbles in weeks 1 and 2 he was dropped and we haven't lost one since? Or that those two games we lost?

Some are fretting over our KR/PR situation and think we should be giving faster players a shot to get better returns.

There is one simple reason why McQuarters and Droughns are returning....hands. TC doesn't want to gamble losing a ball and setting up the other team with good field position.

Is it any coincidence that after Bradshaw had the fumbles in weeks 1 and 2 he was dropped and we haven't lost one since? Or that those two games we lost?

Didnt Ahmad return one against the Dolphins? A pretty decent one if I remember correctly.

We're 11th in KR avg anyway. Not so good in PR avg, but I think you're right on with the ball security. Someone was mentioning missing a pat after scoring as being the biggest dissappointment to a defense if the other team scores. I think the worst is forcing a team to punt then the returner dropping the ball and giving it back to tyhem at the 20 yard line.

Didnt Ahmad return one against the Dolphins? A pretty decent one if I remember correctly.

He did but I don't think that is going to be a long-term thing unless TC took my advice and gave him a crash course in ball security and he has been performing well in practice. I was surprised to see him in there because as far as I knew he had been pulled from KR duty because of the fumbles, and with the conditions of the London game it wouldn't be where I would put a guy you have labeled a fumbler back in.

And VG you are spot on with the turning over a punt being a huge crusher. You gave your all on a 3rd down and stopped them. You are supposed to get a breather. Instead you go back on the field and your special teams essentially just gave up a 40-50 yard hail mary.

We're 11th in KR avg anyway. Not so good in PR avg, but I think you're right on with the ball security. Someone was mentioning missing a pat after scoring as being the biggest dissappointment to a defense if the other team scores. I think the worst is forcing a team to punt then the returner dropping the ball and giving it back to tyhem at the 20 yard line.

I'll take it. PR are bad because McQ fair-catches so many, which looks like a coaching decision. It's a good sign to see Bradshaw getting another chance. You'd think that between Bradshaw, Moss and Tyree we could find a zippy returner with safe hands but apparently not.

I'll take it. PR are bad because McQ fair-catches so many, which looks like a coaching decision. It's a good sign to see Bradshaw getting another chance. You'd think that between Bradshaw, Moss and Tyree we could find a zippy returner with safe hands but apparently not.

No shit, Moss should be a punt return beast, what is his damn deal?

He did but I don't think that is going to be a long-term thing unless TC took my advice and gave him a crash course in ball security and he has been performing well in practice. I was surprised to see him in there because as far as I knew he had been pulled from KR duty because of the fumbles, and with the conditions of the London game it wouldn't be where I would put a guy you have labeled a fumbler back in.

And VG you are spot on with the turning over a punt being a huge crusher. You gave your all on a 3rd down and stopped them. You are supposed to get a breather. Instead you go back on the field and your special teams essentially just gave up a 40-50 yard hail mary.

I think Coughlin will keep giving it to Bradshaw till he gives him a reason to not. Coughlin gave him some good praise for that play.

He didn't win the coaches' confidence in camp when given the chance. It's sad.

He sucked in the few chances he had. It looked like he was affraid. Not that I can blame him, but it doesnt go along way in winning the job.

I don't think it's that RW fair catches much, it's just that it looks like he's playing DDR after he starts running with the ball.

I don't think it's that RW fair catches much, it's just that it looks like he's playing DDR after he starts running with the ball.

There was one game a couple weeks ago when he fair-caught every one, even when he was in space. I'm sure he was instructed to do so.