SportsWrath

Question for Yankees fans

Dragon

My cousin is a Yankees fan and I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. He told me he wanted a Yankees cap. That's all fine and good, but this guy (Cowboys/Yankees fan or not) is like my brother. So... I'm planning on getting him a jersey as well. I'm currently watching, not yet bidding on, a A-Rod jersey on ebay, but I don't want to get it unless A-Rod is staying with the team... which leads me to my question. Do you guys know if Alex Rodriguez is actually going to opt out of his deal with the Yankees or is the media just trying to make up a situation that doesn't exist?

My cousin is a Yankees fan and I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. He told me he wanted a Yankees cap. That's all fine and good, but this guy (Cowboys/Yankees fan or not) is like my brother. So... I'm planning on getting him a jersey as well. I'm currently watching, not yet bidding on, a A-Rod jersey on ebay, but I don't want to get it unless A-Rod is staying with the team... which leads me to my question. Do you guys know if Alex Rodriguez is actually going to opt out of his deal with the Yankees or is the media just trying to make up a situation that doesn't exist?

Nobody knows until 10 days after the last game of the World Series. Mike and the Mad Dog said that if he does opt out, that it could take a looooong time before he signs with a team.

Dragon, word is he wants 300 million for 10 years. Assuming any team will do that or could do that, I believe the Yankees are still his best fit. The $ will be there (maybe 28 million a year) - we'll see.

I heard that on ESPN and I also heard that Borass (intentionally spelled wrong) is asking for 12 years at $360million. Same average per year, but dammit if this guy ain't tryin to milk you guys for everything you have.

he's not going anywhere, get him the jersey

So essentially you feel that for the first time EVER a Boras client will turn down less money and stay. Cashman today said the Yankees will not bid on him ifhe opts out. Unless they are lying the only way he stays is if he does not opt out.

So essentially you feel that for the first time EVER a Boras client will turn down less money and stay. Cashman today said the Yankees will not bid on him ifhe opts out. Unless they are lying the only way he stays is if he does not opt out.

you mean turn down more money. if he signs the option, texas pays $7 mill of his contract- if he opts out, they are off the hook.

oh no, he is going to get more money....the yankees will extend his contract.

oh no, he is going to get more money....the yankees will extend his contract.

If there is a nickel more to be made elsewhere he will take it. Unless they give 8-10 more years at 30 mil/year he is opting out. If you think this is not true you have not paid attention to Boras and his clients the past 15 years. Now where I would agree is if there is no market for him at the value that Boras percieves is the going rate, but in that case why would the Yanks extend him then? Face it, this guy is opting out and the Yankees will have a huge decision to make.

he will opt out and the yanks will still bid for him. the yanks are bluffing 100% to try and save themselves 20 mil, but in the end they aren't going to let 20 mil stop them when they are talking about a 300 mil contract