SportsWrath

If Coughlin should fail this year

Lughead

Ok say we go deep into the playoffs and lose the NLC Game how could Reese Fire coughlin?

on the other hand we tank and go 6-10 who is out there that could come in here and make this team the defensive/offensive power house it has the capabilities of being?

Parcels?

Belichick,Fox and Fisher along with Cowher are out of the question

maybe Jon "Chucky" Gruden? here is a read about Jon

there really is no NFL coach out there that could take over for coughlin. how a bout a college coach? Not Pete Carroll he is tied up for about 3 more years with USC.

some one lay down some Ideas as to who would be a replacement for Coughlin ..... you know if he gets the hook at the end of the year.

so far I am looking at Gruden successor

I am guilty of falling victim to the 12-sack game, but I do like the approach to the game Spags brings. Aggressive play calling, make them react to you. When they are the ones reacting they are at a disadvantage, just look at the Tim Lewis defense. Plus he is a defensive coach, and I personally prefer defensive-minded head coaches.

With that said if, and this is a big if, IF the Giants do well this season I would like to see Coughlin kept on for another season or two with Spags being brought up as the HC. That is the ideal situation I see right now based on a very small amount of info. For once I'd like to see the front office keep an in-house guy who has the makings of a HC.

Ok say we go deep into the playoffs and lose the NLC Game how could Reese Fire coughlin?

on the other hand we tank and go 6-10 who is out there that could come in here and make this team the defensive/offensive power house it has the capabilities of being?

Parcels?

there really is no NFL coach out there that could take over for coughlin. how a bout a college coach? Not Pete Carroll he is tied up for about 3 more years with USC.

some one lay down some Ideas as to who would be a replacement for Coughlin ..... you know if he gets the hook at the end of the year.

Well, only if we lose to the Phillies :rolleyes:

Parcels?

I doubt Gruden is going anywhere because the Bucs are playing well this year (so far anyway). The only way Gruden is let go is if Garcia goes down because they will do well and make the playoffs.

I am guilty of falling victim to the 12-sack game, but I do like the approach to the game Spags brings. Aggressive play calling, make them react to you. When they are the ones reacting they are at a disadvantage, just look at the Tim Lewis defense. Plus he is a defensive coach, and I personally prefer defensive-minded head coaches.

With that said if, and this is a big if, IF the Giants do well this season I would like to see Coughlin kept on for another season or two with Spags being brought up as the HC. That is the ideal situation I see right now based on a very small amount of info. For once I'd like to see the front office keep an in-house guy who has the makings of a HC.

Well put.

Well put.

I would also like to add that promoting in-house has the nice advantage of getting a coach already familiar with the players, the learning curve for both players adjusting to a new coach and a coach learning about his players, their abilities, and their personalities isn't nearly as bad.

My thoughts exactly.