SportsWrath

Who was saying Reyes is better than Jeter?

charlietags

What a joke. There were guys saying that Reyes is a better player than Jeter. I don't know & couldn't care less who they are but I trust youo see the fallacy of your thinking eh? He wound up batting .280 for the year I believe he is a career .284 hitter. So other than base stealing what else can he do better than Jeter? I believe he batted .156 the last 7 games. Now that is clutch.

What a joke. There were guys saying that Reyes is a better player than Jeter. I don't know & couldn't care less who they are but I trust youo see the fallacy of your thinking eh? He wound up batting .280 for the year I believe he is a career .284 hitter. So other than base stealing what else can he do better than Jeter? I believe he batted .156 the last 7 games. Now that is clutch.

Play shortstop.

And don't act like you know baseball. You didn't even know who Hanley Ramirez was. You know the Yankees, not baseball.

Let's see how objective you really are. Since we are going by statistics, who is the better player, Jeter, or David Wright?

I for one have maintained that Derek Jeter is a far superior player to Jose Reyes, Jeter never would have wilted down the stretch in the pennant race the way Reyes did and there is no way in hell Jeter would ever celebrate like Reyes does over the slightest of success.

Jose Reyes is a great talent, but a overall POS as a teammate and guy you want to root for.

Reyes is not even the 2nd best SS in his own division, he is in NY by default since you can only play 1 on each team.

I for one have maintained that Derek Jeter is a far superior player to Jose Reyes, Jeter never would have wilted down the stretch in the pennant race the way Reyes did and there is no way in hell Jeter would ever celebrate like Reyes does over the slightest of success.

Jose Reyes is a great talent, but a overall POS as a teammate and guy you want to root for.

Reyes is not even the 2nd best SS in his own division, he is in NY by default since you can only play 1 on each team.

That's horse manure. Last season, and early this year, we ALL were raving about how energetic he is. How he makes the team go. How he was the most exciting, dynamic player the Mets have ever had. How he was on his way to greatness. Who doesn't want to root for that? He's always the first one to congratulate his teammates when they do something good. Now he's a POS and a bad teammate? Everyone wants to make a big deal of some stupid handshakes and Reyes dancing in view of the other team now because of what happened. That's horseshit too. Reyes has FUN, which is what it's all supposed to be about, isn't it? He doesn't show up the other team, he celebrates with his own, as do most of the rest of the professional athletes in the world. He got lost for a few months. He's still a very young player, and still on his way to being a great one, IMO.

If any of the two are POS teammates, it's Jeter. He's a phony who plays the diplomat and never once came to the defense of a player who's ten times better than him as a SS and who he probably envies but will never admit. Some captain.

He got caught up in reading shit about how he is the most talented player in Mets history and how Rickey said he's gonna break 130 steals one day. It got to his head.

He needs an off-season to catch his breath and get back going. And I think he will.

But the dancing has gotta stop, I agree with that.

And the jose jose jose jose thing at Shea too. It's a pain in the ass, especially while he's sucking.

jeter has always been protected by a powerhouse lineup. always sees good pitches. put him on a weak hitting team and he'd have a very tough time. not saying he's not good (matter of fact,he's been amazingly clutch) but being on the yankees definitely makes him better. i'd take reyes in a heartbeat, you can't teach speed.

jeter has always been protected by a powerhouse lineup. always sees good pitches. put him on a weak hitting team and he'd have a very tough time. not saying he's not good (matter of fact,he's been amazingly clutch) but being on the yankees definitely makes him better. i'd take reyes in a heartbeat, you can't teach speed.

Also something I've always brought up in this debate. I like Jeter, and right now, saying Reyes is better is just foolish, but one bad stretch does not erase what he has shown since he's been a Met. He will continue to improve, and I don't think anyone not wearing pinstriped glasses will say he's not a better fielding SS than Jeter, especially after the way Jeter butchered his way through 2007.

That's horse manure. Last season, and early this year, we ALL were raving about how energetic he is. How he makes the team go. How he was the most exciting, dynamic player the Mets have ever had. How he was on his way to greatness. Who doesn't want to root for that? He's always the first one to congratulate his teammates when they do something good. Now he's a POS and a bad teammate? Everyone wants to make a big deal of some stupid handshakes and Reyes dancing in view of the other team now because of what happened. That's horseshit too. Reyes has FUN, which is what it's all supposed to be about, isn't it? He doesn't show up the other team, he celebrates with his own, as do most of the rest of the professional athletes in the world. He got lost for a few months. He's still a very young player, and still on his way to being a great one, IMO.

If any of the two are POS teammates, it's Jeter. He's a phony who plays the diplomat and never once came to the defense of a player who's ten times better than him as a SS and who he probably envies but will never admit. Some captain.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He got caught up in reading shit about how he is the most talented player in Mets history and how Rickey said he's gonna break 130 steals one day. It got to his head.

He needs an off-season to catch his breath and get back going. And I think he will.

But the dancing has gotta stop, I agree with that.

And the jose jose jose jose thing at Shea too. It's a pain in the ass, especially while he's sucking.

I disagree about the dancing. I enjoy watching him have fun out there. There was a point during the season that he kind of stopped doing the fooling around stuff and I got worried about him. They even talked about how he didn't look like he was having any fun, and that was his first small slump.

I will always maintain that he will not become the player he should be while Ricky Henderson is on this team boosting his ego and making him think he doesn't have to do the small things that were making him great. That is undoing a lot of the things Willie instilled in him that made him progress to what we all thought he was becoming.

I agree about the jose jose jose thing. That should be saved for when he gets a hit or does something worth cheering for.

You can check every post I ever responded to in this pointless STUPID debate and read where I have maintained Jeter is better than Reyes. AT one point I would have taken Reyes for the long haul, but watching him fold up like cheap suit while guys like Rollins and Ramirez on a last place team rose to the occasion make me second that thought.

Jose Reyes is the symbol of the Mets 2nd class act down the stretch and wilting under the pressure, bad bullpen and all Reyes was a majoe culprit.

I love how this entire post comes from someone who didn't know who Hanley Ramirez was till August... or still probably doesn't know. He knows baseball, for sure.

Just because the guy doesn't know who a certain player is has NO affect on his knowledge of the fundamentals of the game and what makes a good ball player.

Just because the guy doesn't know who a certain player is has NO affect on his knowledge of the fundamentals of the game and what makes a good ball player.

For a person who claims to know baseball and he doesn't know who

Hanley Ramirez is...that man/women doesn't know baseball.

He also didn't know who on the current Phillies is a top MVP candidate. How can someone debate which players are better than others if he doesn't know what players not on the Yankees are capable of? Better still, how can he call out others for not "knowing baseball" if he himself doesn't know much about it other than the Yankees?

I asked him what he thought of comparing Jeter to David Wright instead, but he probably doesn't know who he is either.

So is hitting .176 in the 4 games against Cleveland, including hitting into a few killer double plays.

Jeter hasn't been clutch since Jeremy Giambi was really safe at home.

Also something I've always brought up in this debate. I like Jeter, and right now, saying Reyes is better is just foolish, but one bad stretch does not erase what he has shown since he's been a Met. He will continue to improve, and I don't think anyone not wearing pinstriped glasses will say he's not a better fielding SS than Jeter, especially after the way Jeter butchered his way through 2007.

Jeter is an incredible hitter, stop being silly. He'd hit in any teams line up and Id hardly say the 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000 and 2001 yankee teams had power house line ups. they were bulit on pitching and defense, their line ups were far from extraodinary. Texas and Cleveland had the power house line ups back then just like the Yankees do now..its not a coincidence that texas and cleveland never won shit then just like its not a coincidence the yankees havent won shit since they became an offensive juggernaut.

Jeter is an incredible hitter, stop being silly. He'd hit in any teams line up and Id hardly say the 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000 and 2001 yankee teams had power house line ups. they were bulit on pitching and defense, their line ups were far from extraodinary. Texas and Cleveland had the power house line ups back then just like the Yankees do now..its not a coincidence that texas and cleveland never won shit then just like its not a coincidence the yankees havent won shit since they became an offensive juggernaut.

It's true those teams were not built on power, but they always got a home run when they needed one. Williams, O'Neil, Tino...I was always waiting for a home run when they were up. They usually came through too.

Alright, fine....

Actually, I've always said that that's the one thing he has over Reyes, along with experience. Now though, I'm starting to question Reyes' focus and desire to be the best he can be, and no way can I say he's better than Jeter. I hope the last few months of the season were a wake up call for him and he gets back on that horse.