SportsWrath

Jacobs back to practice

jranieli

Jacobs, Ward back to practice

Posted by Mike Garafolo September 27, 2007 12:11PM

Categories: Regular Season

George McNish/The Star-LedgerNo more standing around for the big guy.

RBs Brandon Jacobs (knee) and Derrick Ward (ankle) were back in pads today at the start of practice and appear set to get back to work. We'll see how much both did later on when coach Tom Coughlin addresses the media after practice.

Jacobs ran hard yesterday and said he was ready to return to action but was waiting for the doctors and trainers to give him the green light. Looks like he got it.

Ward sprained his ankle on Sunday but played through the injury. He said he'd be ready for the Eagles and it now appears he will.

If both play, I'd expect them to split the load down the middle.

WR Plaxico Burress walked onto the field with no pads but also no brace or wrap on his ankle. He was jumping lightly while having a catch near the exercise bikes and looked like he wasn't in a great deal of pain. I'm guessing we'll see a week like last week when he missed practice but was ready on game day.

I'm not a Genesis fan by any means but that's some stage they're setting up for tonight's concert. Kinda makes you want to be a rock star.

Which got me thinking: What would I rather do -- run out of the tunnel on a Sunday to a huge ovation or run on stage to thunderous applause? Actually, I thought of a specific scenario: Would I rather be Eli Manning against the Packers when people were unsure if I was going to play or a rock star of a band that hasn't toured in a while? I would get only a few seconds to hear the applause and the dream would end. No snaps from center, no paychecks, no opening songs, no encores, no backstage parties, no Super Bowl-winning drives. Just the chance to run out and hear the crowd. I wonder what would result in a bigger rush.

I'd have to go with the football dream.

MG

I'd feel a lot better about this game if Jacobs comes back.

Division rival?

Prime time?

Huge, punishing back who has something to prove and is afraid of losing his job?

I'd say we'd be in pretty good shape. We have to keep the Eagles offense off the field and hope to keep it close in the 4th to have a chance.