SportsWrath

Eli, Osi back to practice

jranieli

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2007/09/el...t_practice.html

This should make your Football Friday: QB Eli Manning is back at practice and so is DE Osi Umenyiora.

Manning threw about 15 balls -- fades and in routes -- before we were booted from practice. They weren't the greatest of passes, but let's cut the guy some slack because he hasn't thrown to moving targets at all this week. It's unclear how many snaps -- if any -- he'll take during the team portion of practice which is closed to the media.

Umenyiora participated in individual drills. It's also unclear what he'll be doing on his injured knee for the next 90 minutes

One guy missing was rookie LB Zak DeOssie. His whereabouts are unknown.

We'll be updated on all this stuff after practice.

MG

Great news. I still believe Eli should get the week off.

Missing as in, the reporter doesnt know, or the GIANTS dont know? :unsure:

If Elis throwin balls now and doesnt feel pain, he'll start. I didnt think he would, and I also think he should get the week off. Id like to know for sure if we have a reliable back up.

I find it difficult to imagine that Eli would come in and play the full game. Instead, they should game plan to run the shit out of the ball and have a lot of shorts to Shock when he's not held in to block.

I'm still optimistic about this game and I've seen our D turn around in a week's time before and we sure have put some festering turds out there on the field.

I hope we maul them, Favre, and show some more of our true colors.

I find it difficult to imagine that Eli would come in and play the full game. Instead, they should game plan to run the shit out of the ball and have a lot of shorts to Shock when he's not held in to block.

I'm still optimistic about this game and I've seen our D turn around in a week's time before and we sure have put some festering turds out there on the field.

I hope we maul them, Favre, and show some more of our true colors.

Yeah, remember last yr they gave up 45 to Seattle and then became a much better defense starting the very next week, directing us to a 6-2 record. Well, that and Tiki.

They can do it, the D just needs to step up.

http://giants.lohudblogs.com/2007/09/14/elis-throwing/

Don’t get too excited over this, but Eli Manning threw 14 passes during the portion of practice the media is allowed to see, with presumably more that followed once the notebooks and microphones were chased inside.

He’s still a gametime decision, and nobody really knows how is bruised shoulder is going to react tomorrow. But this would have to be counted as encouraging news for at least a backup role Sunday against the Packers.

Not that he looked entirely great. He did throw a few between 20 and 30 yards, including a 20—yard fade he completed. And four of the remainder went between 10 and 15 yards with some zip on them. But others wobbled.

The encouraging part was that he didn’t crumble to the grass, grasping at his bruised right shoulder and yelling "Make it stop!" after any of the passes. In fact, guard Rich Seubert even gave him a couple of taps on the affected joint while they stood together on the sideline without eliciting even a slight grimace from the quarterback.

Again, who knows if this means a 43rd consecutive start for the tough—minded Manning. Jared Lorenzen continued taking snaps with the starters, so assume he’s making the start Sunday unless Manning convinces Tom Coughlin he’s physically able to go.

He still has tomorrow’s walk—through, where he’ll undoubtedly do even more throwing if the pain permits, to make his case.

In other news, PK Lawrence Tynes resumed kicking and hit a 30—yard field goal and executed several kickoffs. He should make it for the game. Not as likely for DE Osi Umenyiora, who quit his Tour de Meadowlands routine of the last three days to rejoin his linemates. Don’t know yet if he did much —— he basically did footwork drills while the media was watching —— but he could be just a week away. That’s a sight better than the original month’s estimates.

Be back with Coughlin and any more news.

Ciao for now.

Missing as in, the reporter doesnt know, or the GIANTS dont know? :unsure:

If Elis throwin balls now and doesnt feel pain, he'll start. I didnt think he would, and I also think he should get the week off. Id like to know for sure if we have a reliable back up.

I think we already know the answer to that one.

Eli will play. He knows this team has no shot without him.