SportsWrath

Maybe...Just Maybe

BadEgg

That it hurts weally, weally bad, and that the Giants suck.

You know, like what youre saying. :TU:

Before you two are done with your playdate, make sure you let him know that Glenn should be okay...

I see the Cowboys are taking the pussy approach with their new twice a loser head coach Wade Philips. Let the vetrans rest as much as possible and take days off 4 days into camp. All this combined with the now piling on of Parcells.

Do Cowboys fans realize they just went from having a Caddilac to a Kia in terms of a head coach and one who knows whats best for a squad?

I see the Cowboys are taking the pussy approach with their new twice a loser head coach Wade Philips. Let the vetrans rest as much as possible and take days off 4 days into camp. All this combined with the now piling on of Parcells.

Do Cowboys fans realize they just went from having a Caddilac to a Kia in terms of a head coach and one who knows whats best for a squad?

The "pussy approach"? Please...The only veteran that I have heard resting somewhat consistently is TO. And that is not a bad move.

While Parcells may have been a "Caddiliac" when he coached the Giants, he was a shell of his former self when he coached the Cowboys, a shell that I, for one, was dissappointed that Jerry hired.

He does, however, deserve some credit for drafting well.

The "pussy approach"? Please......... And that is not a bad move.

.......a shell that I, for one, was dissappointed that Jerry hired. He does, however, deserve some credit for drafting well.

You're right... not the Pussy approach....more like the 'Puppet Approach'. Jerry Jones has what he wants in this coaching staff...puppets. Anyway, too bad Wade doesn't have a clue on what to draft, Jerry better pick a good QB because they will price themselves out when they try to work Romo's deal at the end of 2007-08. Then maybe Romo will head to TB, Carolina, or Seattle..... <_<;)

You're right... not the Pussy approach....more like the 'Puppet Approach'. Jerry Jones has what he wants in this coaching staff...puppets. Anyway, too bad Wade doesn't have a clue on what to draft, Jerry better pick a good QB because they will price themselves out when they try to work Romo's deal at the end of 2007-08. Then maybe Romo will head to TB, Carolina, or Seattle..... <_<;)

How can the Cowboys price themseleves out of Romo is he is as bad as you have claimed him to be?

How can the Cowboys price themseleves out of Romo is he is as bad as you have claimed him to be?

Ok, this will require an explanation. But first off, do u even follow the Cowboys? Or just spew out silliness concerning Eli and company?

....ok let's see this thru ok? U with me?

Romo's Contract Biggest Question At QB

....But with Romo entering the final deal of his contract, the Cowboys must figure out just how and when to re-sign him. Do they give Romo a lucrative deal now with just 10 starts under his belt? Or do they wait until the end of the season, knowing if he plays like they think he will, then it could cost the Cowboys millions more to retain him?

U follow me?

The "pussy approach"? Please...The only veteran that I have heard resting somewhat consistently is TO. And that is not a bad move.

While Parcells may have been a "Caddiliac" when he coached the Giants, he was a shell of his former self when he coached the Cowboys, a shell that I, for one, was dissappointed that Jerry hired.

I would be willing to bet large amounts of money, if there were a way to find the truth, that you were ecstatic when they hired Tuna.

SO you are saying you would rather have Wade Philips than Bill Parcells?

In 4 year down in that shithole state, Parcells took that team to the playoffs twice, once with Quincy Carter as the starting QB and the other time with an unknown named Romo. He had no shot there never having a solidified Qb situation.

Parcells as he did with the Jets left that team in great shape with the talent he chose. I can garantee you that Bill never would have wasted a 2nd round pick on Quicy Carter like the plastic face owner did a few years back. He made the Cowboys matter again, because quite frankly from 1999-02 they did not matter. Dave Campo was as bad as it gets and I was at the game that day in 02 when the Giants junped out to a 37-0 lead in route to a 37-7 win and I can say it was as bad as 88 or 89 at that point for the Cowboys, they were putrid. In one year Parcells got them to the playoffs with an inferior team and by 2007 he has left them in good shape.

SO you are saying you would rather have Wade Philips than Bill Parcells?

In 4 year down in that shithole state, Parcells took that team to the playoffs twice, once with Quincy Carter as the starting QB and the other time with an unknown named Romo. He had no shot there never having a solidified Qb situation.

Parcells as he did with the Jets left that team in great shape with the talent he chose. I can garantee you that Bill never would have wasted a 2nd round pick on Quicy Carter like the plastic face owner did a few years back. He made the Cowboys matter again, because quite frankly from 1999-02 they did not matter. Dave Campo was as bad as it gets and I was at the game that day in 02 when the Giants junped out to a 37-0 lead in route to a 37-7 win and I can say it was as bad as 88 or 89 at that point for the Cowboys, they were putrid. In one year Parcells got them to the playoffs with an inferior team and by 2007 he has left them in good shape.

No doubt that Parcells is better than Campo and that he has left them in fairly good shape (just how good remains to be seen). But I don't believe that Parcells has another Superbowl run in him, and his game plans and playcalling left much to be desired. Phillips will run the 3-4 better than Parcells, and the defense is what led to their demise last season. Right now, yes, I would rather have Phillips and, interestingly enough, the Cowboys players seem to feel that way if you listen to what they say.

No doubt that Parcells is better than Campo and that he has left them in fairly good shape (just how good remains to be seen). But I don't believe that Parcells has another Superbowl run in him, and his game plans and playcalling left much to be desired. Phillips will run the 3-4 better than Parcells, and the defense is what led to their demise last season. Right now, yes, I would rather have Phillips and, interestingly enough, the Cowboys players seem to feel that way if you listen to what they say.

Of course they would rather have Philips, its like when your teacher is away and the sub lets you watch TV instead of doing whats in the lesson plan.

You are out of your mind if you would rather have Philips being the main guy in charge. He has proven to be a good defensive coordinator, but a horrible head coach. He was awful in Denver(ask ELway) and he was the head coach of a Bills team who lost a playoff game in the most unimagineable way as possible.

Wade Philips is the 4th best head coach in the NFC east. There is no arguing that fact. Even Coughlin with all his problems has been a far more successful head coach than Philips. What Cowboys fans are essentially asking is that their talent will allow them to win, despite having the worst head coach in the division. That is a lot to ask.

I have a good friend who is a huge Cowboy fan, he was so pissed when they hired Philips. Basically though if he tanks, there will be a plethora of good coaches available come January 08.

Of course they would rather have Philips, its like when your teacher is away and the sub lets you watch TV instead of doing whats in the lesson plan.

You are out of your mind if you would rather have Philips being the main guy in charge. He has proven to be a good defensive coordinator, but a horrible head coach. He was awful in Denver(ask ELway) and he was the head coach of a Bills team who lost a playoff game in the most unimagineable way as possible.

Wade Philips is the 4th best head coach in the NFC east. There is no arguing that fact. Even Coughlin with all his problems has been a far more successful head coach than Philips. What Cowboys fans are essentially asking is that their talent will allow them to win, despite having the worst head coach in the division. That is a lot to ask.

I have a good friend who is a huge Cowboy fan, he was so pissed when they hired Philips. Basically though if he tanks, there will be a plethora of good coaches available come January 08.

It's Phillips or what? I certainly would rather have the Parcells that coached in the 80's or the JJ that coached in the 90's. But they weren't available. My feeling is this: The ideal HC is a good motivator and as much as an expert in all phases of the game as possible. I think Parcells was pretty well rounded head coach in the 80's. The next best thing is a HC who is an expert either with offense or defense. Phillips is as close as you can come to an expert with the 3-4. So, for now, I'll take that. As far as being a "horrible" head coach, I didn't follow him closely when he coached for those other teams. But going to the playoffs your first year with three different teams is not "horrible." Niether is losing on the last play of the game to a fluke play.

It's Phillips or what? I certainly would rather have the Parcells that coached in the 80's or the JJ that coached in the 90's. But they weren't available. My feeling is this: The ideal HC is a good motivator and as much as an expert in all phases of the game as possible. I think Parcells was pretty well rounded head coach in the 80's. The next best thing is a HC who is an expert either with offense or defense. Phillips is as close as you can come to an expert with the 3-4. So, for now, I'll take that. As far as being a "horrible" head coach, I didn't follow him closely when he coached for those other teams. But going to the playoffs your first year with three different teams is not "horrible." Niether is losing on the last play of the game to a fluke play.

Then, how can you make a decision on the type of coach he is??

Way to list Parcells first, he was the better coach of course. :TU:

Then, how can you make a decision on the type of coach he is??

Way to list Parcells first, he was the better coach of course. :TU:

I really can't make a decision as to what type of head coach he is until I see him coach the Cowboys. But I do not miss Parcells. He is not the same coach as he was in the 1980s.

I really can't make a decision as to what type of head coach he is until I see him coach the Cowboys. But I do not miss Parcells. He is not the same coach as he was in the 1980s.

Believe me, after you witness him coach, you'll be SCREAMING for Fatcells.

Philips actually was able to follow two coaches previously(Reeves, Levy)who left the team in good shape, so you are right in citing how he made the playoffs his first year with 2 other teams(although you said 3 incorrectly)that there in in fact precedence for his success when left some talent.

No doubt he is a good defensive coordinator, but the knock has always been he is too easy on his squads as a head man.

Actually IMO losing a game on a fluke play as you say, one where as a head coach you go over and over and over again in special teams drills is as bad as it gets. You would never see a great coach like Parcells, Belichick, Fisher, Walsh etc have their teams lose a game like that. It's one thing where a guy catches a kickoff and your players are just not good enough to tackle him and his athelticism beats yours, its another when a "hail mary of special teams" plays beats you. Teams practice against that and thats the measure of a good head coach with attention to detail.

Lets just say the unthinkable happens and the Cowboys do not go 19-0 and win it all?. Does Jones go after Fisher or Cowher?

Philips actually was able to follow two coaches previously(Reeves, Levy)who left the team in good shape, so you are right in citing how he made the playoffs his first year with 2 other teams(although you said 3 incorrectly)that there in in fact precedence for his success when left some talent.

No doubt he is a good defensive coordinator, but the knock has always been he is too easy on his squads as a head man.

Actually IMO losing a game on a fluke play as you say, one where as a head coach you go over and over and over again in special teams drills is as bad as it gets. You would never see a great coach like Parcells, Belichick, Fisher, Walsh etc have their teams lose a game like that. It's one thing where a guy catches a kickoff and your players are just not good enough to tackle him and his athelticism beats yours, its another when a "hail mary of special teams" plays beats you. Teams practice against that and thats the measure of a good head coach with attention to detail.

Lets just say the unthinkable happens and the Cowboys do not go 19-0 and win it all?. Does Jones go after Fisher or Cowher?

the dog does recall that philips did not exactly leave the broncos in good shape...aside from elway, they were the same team that was unable to make the playoffs the prior year or two, and were on the downhill slide at that time...

teams do not spend time drilling against hailmarys at practice, particularly on special teams...but if they do, plays that are still executed well are difficult to defend, and as lame and flukey as that play was, it was well executed...and for the record, teams drill kicking field goals (and holding f\the snap) much more often then that, and it is a fluke when a holder drops the ball, and yes, it still happened to a parcells coached team...

Ok, this will require an explanation. But first off, do u even follow the Cowboys? Or just spew out silliness concerning Eli and company?

....ok let's see this thru ok? U with me?

Romo's Contract Biggest Question At QB

....But with Romo entering the final deal of his contract, the Cowboys must figure out just how and when to re-sign him. Do they give Romo a lucrative deal now with just 10 starts under his belt? Or do they wait until the end of the season, knowing if he plays like they think he will, then it could cost the Cowboys millions more to retain him?

U follow me?

good day randoof, the dog is pretty sure that badegg was asking why the contradicition in the opinions on romo, i.e., everyone seems to say that he is overrated and will be weak, yet now you are saying that at the end of the year, they will not be able to afford him based on his level of play...that is the part that needs clarification...

the dog does recall that philips did not exactly leave the broncos in good shape...aside from elway, they were the same team that was unable to make the playoffs the prior year or two, and were on the downhill slide at that time...

teams do not spend time drilling against hailmarys at practice, particularly on special teams...but if they do, plays that are still executed well are difficult to defend, and as lame and flukey as that play was, it was well executed...and for the record, teams drill kicking field goals (and holding f\the snap) much more often then that, and it is a fluke when a holder drops the ball, and yes, it still happened to a parcells coached team...

NO one said Philips left any team in good shape, it was pointed out that he acquired teams in good shape. Any team with John Elway as their QB is in good shape IMO.

As for practicing "fluke" plays. Have you ever seen an NFL practice or been to training camp. They go over and over and over being in your lanes on kickoffs and punts. Coaches that pay attention to detail go over that play, along with the "fire drill", a play you might remember seeing in a game when the Giants lost to San Fran, where the snap is botched and the eligible plays "fire" downfield. Shit when I was in high school we practiced this play.

good day randoof, the dog is pretty sure that badegg was asking why the contradicition in the opinions on romo, i.e., everyone seems to say that he is overrated and will be weak, yet now you are saying that at the end of the year, they will not be able to afford him based on his level of play...that is the part that needs clarification...

it could cost the Cowboys millions more to retain him?

I was NOT one of those guys that said Romo was weak, I merely pointed out Romo's troubles down the stretch. And IMO I do believe it could cost the Cowboys more to retain him IF he has a good '07. So wouldn't it be good to hammer out a deal now?

NO one said Philips left any team in good shape, it was pointed out that he acquired teams in good shape. Any team with John Elway as their QB is in good shape IMO.

As for practicing "fluke" plays. Have you ever seen an NFL practice or been to training camp. They go over and over and over being in your lanes on kickoffs and punts. Coaches that pay attention to detail go over that play, along with the "fire drill", a play you might remember seeing in a game when the Giants lost to San Fran, where the snap is botched and the eligible plays "fire" downfield. Shit when I was in high school we practiced this play.

the dog erred on his response...he meant to say that reeves did not leave the broncos in good shape...and elway alone does not mean a team is in good shape, otherwise the broncos would have been on the upside of more super bowls...anyhow, yes the dog has seen football practices, and yes, they do stress staying in your lanes...that is until the return man is commited, whic he was, until he stopped and threw the ball across the field...at some point, you have to leave your assigned lane, do you not? otherwise return men could follow a wedge that only had to block two guys to open a seem in the lane...and yes, you can practice thise plays, but you are don;t commit, nor do you have time to commit, hours to them...

I think it depends on how far the Cowboys go and why they lose. If they go, for example, 8-8 and lose games because of defensive problems, I think Phillips could be in trouble. But you can't blame Phillips if the line does not block or if Romo turns out to be another Ryan Lief. He basically inheretited those problems.

I don't buy what your are saying about the loss in Tennessee. I don't measure a coach on one gadget play. You say great coaches would never lose a game like that? Including Parcells? The Cowboys lost to the Saints last season because they were outcoached. Sean Peyton took that team apart. No coach should ever have a team prepared so poorly as Parcells did and he admitted that much. That 60 minute display is more of a coaching failure than failing to defend one gadget play.

Leon Lett muffed that field goal on Thanksgiving day. Teams practice how to react to that situation. Most players know. Does that make Jimmy Johnson a bad coach?

I think it depends on how far the Cowboys go and why they lose. If they go, for example, 8-8 and lose games because of defensive problems, I think Phillips could be in trouble. But you can't blame Phillips if the line does not block or if Romo turns out to be another Ryan Lief. He basically inheretited those problems.

I don't buy what your are saying about the loss in Tennessee. I don't measure a coach on one gadget play. You say great coaches would never lose a game like that? Including Parcells? The Cowboys lost to the Saints last season because they were outcoached. Sean Peyton took that team apart. No coach should ever have a team prepared so poorly as Parcells did and he admitted that much. That 60 minute display is more of a coaching failure than failing to defend one gadget play.

Leon Lett muffed that field goal on Thanksgiving day. Teams practice how to react to that situation. Most players know. Does that make Jimmy Johnson a bad coach?

Leon Lett was and is a pea brain, no amount of coaching could solve his mental ineptitude.

As for being outcoached in a single game that happens to all coaches at some point in their careers bad and good.

Very few of the good coaches though lose games like Philips lost that day. Jim Fassel had a knack for losing games in the most unimagineable way as well.

the dog erred on his response...he meant to say that reeves did not leave the broncos in good shape...and elway alone does not mean a team is in good shape, otherwise the broncos would have been on the upside of more super bowls...anyhow, yes the dog has seen football practices, and yes, they do stress staying in your lanes...that is until the return man is commited, whic he was, until he stopped and threw the ball across the field...at some point, you have to leave your assigned lane, do you not? otherwise return men could follow a wedge that only had to block two guys to open a seem in the lane...and yes, you can practice thise plays, but you are don;t commit, nor do you have time to commit, hours to them...

LOL, so you are a cowgirls fan, why didnt you just say so?? This explains alot. I mean, why else would you feel the need to defend Phillips?

Why are you always SURE what eggy is talkin about? :confused:

HMMMMM.... :rolleyes:

Sounds like a random simulated season in Madden to me.

The only way the NFC Championship Game has a chance of being played in Dallas is if New Orleans is the host and is displaced due to another hurricane.

:LMAO::clap: :clap: :clap:you beat me to it dude!