SportsWrath

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELVES GIANTS FANS

BadEgg

If Eli's last name wasn't Manning, and if the Chargers had not robbed you guys on draft day, you would want Eli gone today...In fact, he probably would've been gone already... :bye:

If Eli's last name wasn't Manning, and if the Chargers had not robbed you guys on draft day, you would want Eli gone today...In fact, he probably would've been gone already... :bye:

Uh oh...the Dog thinks this may get very, very ugly...

At long last you post something that I agree with. We should have kept Rivers and the draft choices. Then we would have had a better team. :clap:

At long last you post something that I agree with. We should have kept Rivers and the draft choices. Then we would have had a better team. :clap:

How do you possibly know that?

Or should I cue your response?

"I refuse to answer your question because you didn't hold a 3.7 GPA

in college"

I think you have it backwards here, bub. If he didn't have that last name, or the high price tag, there would probably be lower expectations and much much more patience with the kid.

I think you have it backwards here, bub. If he didn't have that last name, or the high price tag, there would probably be lower expectations and much much more patience with the kid.

Exactly. He'd be "right on track" . :rolleyes:

Bingo.

Personally, I'd be saying the same thing I've been. "Give him two more years, but get your next guy ready in case this is as good as he gets."

Interesting logic, bub. You'd be more patient if, for example, his last name was Smith and he cost a little less...

And that philosophy worked real well with Dave Brown... :LMAO:

It's the opposite here, bub. The Giants are being held hostage by the "Manning" name and a draft day blunder. If his last name was Smith, and he costs less, the Giants, if they were smart, wouldn't waste another minute.

Eli would probably be in Pittsburgh, Arizona, or San Diego holding a clip board...

Interesting logic, bub. You'd be more patient if, for example, his last name was Smith and he cost a little less...

It's the opposite here, bub. The Giants are being held hostage by the "Manning" name and a draft day blunder. If his last name was Smith, and he costs less, the Giants, if they were smart, wouldn't waste another minute.

Eli would probably be in Pittsburgh, Arizona, or San Diego holding a clip board...

How do you know that, were you on thier board too? :rolleyes:

How do you know that, were you on thier board too? :rolleyes:

The Dog sure hopes not...spending time on multiple boards would be disturbing behavior...or the product of having an entirely too much time on your hands...The Dog's time, as has been stated in the past, is entirely too precious...

The Dog sure hopes not...spending time on multiple boards would be disturbing behavior...or the product of having an entirely too much time on your hands...The Dog's time, as has been stated in the past, is entirely too precious...

The dog must not have realized that the blue asked that question to the egg. ;)

Not that I want to get into this ridiculous discussion but:

Dave Brown was also a number 1 draft pick with high expectations. Not a very good example.

Dave Brown was also a number 1 draft pick with high expectations. Not a very good example.

But its an answer I completely expected from eggy.

You're right, Dallas would never give a QB 3 years to develop. Especially if he was a crack addict. Quincy Carter never happened.

I'd be a whole less patient if I thought that losing games after scoring over 20 points consistently was acceptable. That's happened more times over the last couple of years than I care to remember.

As it is, I remember how long Simms took to click, and how awful Elway was his first two years. Manning isn't even close to being as bad as Brown.

And frankly, considering the level of talent at QB for your team since Aikman, I'm not at all sure why you're crowing about this right now. Bottom line, your guy was .500 last year.

His name still isn't Manning and I am quite certain he cost less...By the way, thanks for reminding me that they wasted a number 1 pick on Brown... :LMAO: High expectations...in NJ maybe...the rest of the league wasn't so naive...Dave Brown...first round... :LMAO: Please, let's discuss it more! :LMAO:

The dog must not have realized that the blue asked that question to the egg. ;)

No - the Dog is aware of that...The Dog was just offering that being on multiple message boards (particularly the teams mentioned) seems a tad much...and it is the Dog's hope that Bad Egg, or anyone for that fact, is not engaging in that kind of behavior...don't you agree?

His name still isn't Manning and I am quite certain he cost less...By the way, thanks for reminding me that they wasted a number 1 pick on Brown... :LMAO: High expectations...in NJ maybe...the rest of the league wasn't so naive...Dave Brown...first round... :LMAO: Please, let's discuss it more! :LMAO:

nothing to discuss. it was a terrible pick, i agree. from your glee, i would assume all of the cowboys picks have been stars. shall we review?

You're right, Dallas would never give a QB 3 years to develop. Especially if he was a crack addict. Quincy Carter never happened.

I'd be a whole less patient if I thought that losing games after scoring over 20 points consistently was acceptable. That's happened more times over the last couple of years than I care to remember.

As it is, I remember how long Simms took to click, and how awful Elway was his first two years. Manning isn't even close to being as bad as Brown.

And frankly, considering the level of talent at QB for your team since Aikman, I'm not at all sure why you're crowing about this right now. Bottom line, your guy was .500 last year.

I will not defend Dallas for giving Carter that much time, nor will I defend them for giving Romo any more than this year, if he suffers from the same shortcomings as Eli...

Manning may not be as bad as Brown, few players are. But he shouldn't be mentioned in the same post as Elway.

No - the Dog is aware of that...The Dog was just offering that being on multiple message boards (particularly the teams mentioned) seems a tad much...and it is the Dog's hope that Bad Egg, or anyone for that fact, is not engaging in that kind of behavior...don't you agree?

Yeah, I guess it was just more of my terrible sarcasm. :unsure:

Ya know, like why is he a Cowboy fan and always on a Giants MB?

Yeah, I guess it was just more of my terrible sarcasm. :unsure:

Ya know, like why is he a Cowboy fan and always on a Giants MB?

The Dog has no issue with a non-Giant fan being here (the Dog wonders, have you ever been on other team's boards to discuss that team specifically)...it is the multiple boards that the Dog takes issue...

The Dog has no issue with a non-Giant fan being here (the Dog wonders, have you ever been on other team's boards to discuss that team specifically)...it is the multiple boards that the Dog takes issue...

The Blue has occasionally visited another MB, although not recently. VISITED, not lived there.

This just in, Elway lead the Broncos to a 13-3 record in year two...Dog isn't sure about his numbers, so please be a dear and pull them up...and Simms isn't the same caliber of an Elway- if Simms is the measuring stick, then Manning isn't as far off as a lot of critics think...it's just that, is Simms truely who fans want Manning to be?

I will not defend Dallas for giving Carter that much time, nor will I defend them for giving Romo any more than this year, if he suffers from the same shortcomings as Eli...

Manning may not be as bad as Brown, few players are. But he shouldn't be mentioned in the same post as Elway.

I'll tell you what: if he doesn't improve this year, I will agree that for the pick and the draft choices, he wasn't worth it.