SportsWrath

Mets-Dodgers

Plax 4 Prez

Starting? Mets fans should be halfway off a cliff by now.

Why? Are sure to happen slumps and a 2.5 game lead and 3 in the loss column something to be upset about?

Slumps are what they are, slumps. Mets went through one this same time last year. I would rather be slumping and still in first then having to dig out of a deep hole. They will be fine.

plus the mets have been missing alou and green. they will be fine, i just wish those two were back for the dodgers series :(

I bet every team would wish they could slump and have a 3 game cushion in the loss column.

As for Green, he looks like he will be ok, but ALou? I have no idea, He is a walking DL case and IMO at this point losing Endy Chavez has been a bigger loss. He really adds a dimension to the team that not many teams have. As for injuries, yeah they suck, but you deal. Hopefully guys can heal and maybe we can get back Pedro and possibly Sanchez. That would be a huge lift.

This team has had the same dilemma for close to a year now, they are without their best starter and best reliever(yes Sanchez was more valuable than the 3 run save king) and that cannot be ignored.

Like you said though, they will be fine.

yeah pedro looks like he'll be just fine and that's better than anyone you can trade for midseason. im not aware of when sanchez will be back but the mets bullpen is still one of the best even without him. another big x factor is reyes. i think i just heard on the radio that he's batting .250 or something since may 11th--the mets offense will go as far as he takes them and there's no way he bats under .300 the rest of the season. once he gets going again the mets will steamroll through the division--im not impressed wtih the braves OR phils, especially since neither have capitalized on the mets mini-slump. they're still the best team in the NL and have an AL offense. like i've said a few times, as a pads fan, the mets are the only team i don't feel confident against

Why? Are sure to happen slumps and a 2.5 game lead and 3 in the loss column something to be upset about?

Slumps are what they are, slumps. Mets went through one this same time last year. I would rather be slumping and still in first then having to dig out of a deep hole. They will be fine.

No... we had just won our 6th straight this time last year.

I'm not worried though. Wright is hitting balls a lot harder.

That pitcher last night sucked though. I saw so many pitchers that looked hittable, and just weren't hit.

No... we had just won our 6th straight this time last year.

I'm not worried though. Wright is hitting balls a lot harder.

That pitcher last night sucked though. I saw so many pitchers that looked hittable, and just weren't hit.

I'm still convinced that Wright isn't where he should be, he is

pulling way to many balls. The allure of the homer has gone to his head.

Granted he is the least of the Mets problem, I still don't like it.

yeah pedro looks like he'll be just fine and that's better than anyone you can trade for midseason. im not aware of when sanchez will be back but the mets bullpen is still one of the best even without him. another big x factor is reyes. i think i just heard on the radio that he's batting .250 or something since may 11th--the mets offense will go as far as he takes them and there's no way he bats under .300 the rest of the season. once he gets going again the mets will steamroll through the division--im not impressed wtih the braves OR phils, especially since neither have capitalized on the mets mini-slump. they're still the best team in the NL and have an AL offense. like i've said a few times, as a pads fan, the mets are the only team i don't feel confident against

The Phillies have certainly taken advantage of the Mets' slump. Last week, they were 8 games out. As of right now, 2.5.

The Phillies are a good team with an ace to be reckoned with, and two of the best young hitters in the game. Still, I think the Mets will be fine as soon as they start hitting again. I'd be worried if this slump was caused by bad pitching. The pitching really hasn't been all that bad outside of the bullpen melting down against Philly and two bad starts in Detroit, a team that is smoking hot right now. And I also believe that the Phils' defensive play and bullpen will be their demise.

It's been a bad 2 weeks after a great 2 months. If we panic and write this team off now, we might as well become Yankee fans.

Believe me. Yankees fans as a whole weren't panicking. I believe mets and Red Sox fans were doing enough panicking for them. Most Yankees fans 2 and 3 weeks ago were saying "You'll see".

Well after tonights 9th straight win, I'm seeing dammit.

I'm so sick of getting our asses handed to us on a nightly basis. Sosa has an 0-2 count and gives up a homerun to Betemit on a fastball waist high middle outer half of the plate. Then he has a 1-2 count in the next at bat and gives him the SAME PITCH. And Betemit rips it into center for an RBI single. I've seen several Mets pitchers give up 0-2 homeruns lately, and it's shit like that that's pissing me off about this team right now. They are not sharp, they are just playing bad baseball. In every facet. Bad pitching, undisciplined hitting, bad defense, bad baserunning. And that is why they are going to be out of first place by middle of next week. I get so disgusted with sweeps, and the Dodgers are going to do it to us when the Phils just did it to us. They're turning into the fucking Mutts again. FUCK!

Believe me. Yankees fans as a whole weren't panicking. I believe mets and Red Sox fans were doing enough panicking for them. Most Yankees fans 2 and 3 weeks ago were saying "You'll see".

Well after tonights 9th straight win, I'm seeing dammit.

BS. Most Yankee fans I know wrote them off, were cursing them out, and saying Torre should be fired. Most callers on local radio sports shows were saying the same things.

My best friend, a Yankee fan, completely wrote them off in May. It was me who was telling him it's way too early, that one big winning streak could turn it all around. NOW, he's got that Yankee fan arrogance back as if he knew it all along. :rolleyes:

I'm still convinced that Wright isn't where he should be, he is

pulling way to many balls. The allure of the homer has gone to his head.

Granted he is the least of the Mets problem, I still don't like it.

I've noticed huge strides in his swing lately. While that stupid leg kick is still there, he is quicker on pitches and is driving balls the other way and towars the middle more and more. That upper cut slowly appears to becoming more level.