SportsWrath

Anybody know why...

mickeef2

The Yanks play the DRays, Rockies, Giants and Pirates :confused: , and the Sox play the DRays, Giants, Rockies, and Padres? How does an NL Central team get thrown in there, and how do the Yankees avoid the Padres and Dodgers when they won they division last year? I'm not a big fan of interleague play, but usually I'm willing to put up with it. But this is just retarded.

On a related note, I haven't yet heard George's usual rant about how unfair interleague play is. I guess he likes it this year.

why would george complain? yankees have the best all time interleague record

I don't know why, but he has many times in the past (and usually, like I said, when the interleague schedule doesn't seem to favor the Yankees).

This is from a couple of years ago:

Steinbrenner believes Red Sox got break this year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner criticized baseball schedule makers and complained his team is treated unfairly, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

The Boss is unhappy about New York's road trip this week, when interleague games begin. His problem: While the Yankees are in Cincinnati and Chicago, the rival Boston Red Sox play Pittsburgh and Milwaukee -- two of the three worst teams in the National League.

"I just hope we play well against the National League clubs," Steinbrenner told The Times in a telephone interview. "I don't think the schedule is fair."

The Yankees play three games each against the Reds and Cubs, who lead the NL Central. New York doesn't face the Pirates or Brewers this season.

"Katy Feeney makes the schedule, and she has never been a favorite of mine or a favorite of the Yankees," Steinbrenner said. "We play Cincinnati, which is a fine, fine ballclub; they're going to be in the middle of it. Then we play the Cubs.

"Now who is the other guy playing? They're playing against Milwaukee. Now what's right about that? They're playing Pittsburgh and Milwaukee while we're playing Cincinnati and the Cubs. I think they got the best of that deal.

"Bud Selig told me personally that he was overseeing the schedule, and that he'll see to it that it's fine. I used to be for it, but I'm not for it anymore. It's too easy for discrepancies," Steinbrenner said.

Feeney, a Major League Baseball vice president, said it is was impossible for every AL East team to play every NL Central team this year. There are five teams in the AL East and six in the NL Central -- plus, the Yankees play six games against the crosstown rival Mets.

"You talk to the 29 other teams and they'd probably say I didn't like them," Feeney told The Associated Press Tuesday.

"When we go back to the current rotation in 2005, the teams will play teams they didn't play this year. Besides, you can't predict how games will come out. What looks good on paper turns out

not to look so good."

I don't feel bad for you. The Mets are playing EVERY division winner from last season, and get to play the Yankees 6 times a year while the Marlins get the D-Rays, and the Phillies get the Royals.

yeah well steinbrenner complained because the schedule didn't favor us that which has happened over the last few years but it seems to even out over time

That's pretty much my point about Steinbrenner. You didn't hear him complaining when the Mets sucked and the Braves were winning the division every year. However, the fact that they're playing a Central team and not either the first or second place NL West teams from last year doesn't seem to make any sense. The Mets are playing teams from both the AL West and Central, too.

This is from a couple of years ago:

Steinbrenner believes Red Sox got break this year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner criticized baseball schedule makers and complained his team is treated unfairly, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

The Boss is unhappy about New York's road trip this week, when interleague games begin. His problem: While the Yankees are in Cincinnati and Chicago, the rival Boston Red Sox play Pittsburgh and Milwaukee -- two of the three worst teams in the National League.

"I just hope we play well against the National League clubs," Steinbrenner told The Times in a telephone interview. "I don't think the schedule is fair."

The Yankees play three games each against the Reds and Cubs, who lead the NL Central. New York doesn't face the Pirates or Brewers this season.

"Katy Feeney makes the schedule, and she has never been a favorite of mine or a favorite of the Yankees," Steinbrenner said. "We play Cincinnati, which is a fine, fine ballclub; they're going to be in the middle of it. Then we play the Cubs.

"Now who is the other guy playing? They're playing against Milwaukee. Now what's right about that? They're playing Pittsburgh and Milwaukee while we're playing Cincinnati and the Cubs. I think they got the best of that deal.

"Bud Selig told me personally that he was overseeing the schedule, and that he'll see to it that it's fine. I used to be for it, but I'm not for it anymore. It's too easy for discrepancies," Steinbrenner said.

Feeney, a Major League Baseball vice president, said it is was impossible for every AL East team to play every NL Central team this year. There are five teams in the AL East and six in the NL Central -- plus, the Yankees play six games against the crosstown rival Mets.

"You talk to the 29 other teams and they'd probably say I didn't like them," Feeney told The Associated Press Tuesday.

"When we go back to the current rotation in 2005, the teams will play teams they didn't play this year. Besides, you can't predict how games will come out. What looks good on paper turns out

not to look so good."

What year was this from? Last I checked the Reds and the Cubs were pretty awful for the last couple of years.