SportsWrath

Philip Cometh

TheShocker

he did ok, didnt embarrass himslef...but he is clearly not ready

While I agree with you, he still is good enough to pitch as the 4th starter right now. That's how sad our staff is at the present moment.

BTW, the movement on his fastball was very nice. I cant wait till he's full force.

While I agree with you, he still is good enough to pitch as the 4th starter right now. That's how sad our staff is at the present moment.

BTW, the movement on his fastball was very nice. I cant wait till he's full force.

I dont agree...his 4 seamer was VERY straight...he needs to locate it better...fortunately, he has impeccable control and he was probably nervous tonight so he missed with it on occasions, thats not what Im worried about..Clemens fastball is straight too, as are many dominated pitchers..they just locate it better...he needs to work on his change up ans 2 seam fast ball. Dont get me wrong, I think he is going to be a super star...he just needs more work...HE IS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD, he doesnt belong in the majors right now...he will get hit here, but hopefully it doesnt mess with his psyche. Again, he will be dominant in this league, just not right now...he's not a finished product........see Matt Cain, Hughes is just like he was, only more dominant in his minor league career. Matt struggled because he wasnt a finished product before coming to the majors, he learned on the fly and now he is one of the best pitchers in the game right now and he's only 22. Matt Cain is scary, Hughes has that kind of potnetial, but dont expect it overnight

He needs more time in AAA...looked good though for a 20 year old

Looks bright...Hughes and Wang could lock up the 1-2 in the rotation for many years...just not yet though (next year is the time Hughes comes up)

The only thing is that he only has 3 pitches (4 seamer, Curve, and Change)

he throws a 2 seamer and a slider on a very rare occasion from what I hear...if he can develop a 4th pitch to use like a Splitter, or a Cutter to get the lefties then he should be great