uconngiants

Bonds vs Rose who would you put in  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Vote in not out

• Bonds
    • Rose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm not exactly sure the extent of Pete's gambling, but he played the game hard.

Pete's ability came from God and hard work, not by cheating.

My vote goes to Charlie Hustle.

Bonds had the numbers in 1998 to get in the hall, don't be foolish.

And, what's your point. He cheated, plain and simple.

My vote goes to Pete Rose, how many people in the United States gamble? Over 2 billion dollars is spent on the NCAA Tournament ALONE, give me a fucking break, let Pete Rose in the hall.

The only way some people remember Pete Rose is horizonitally(sp) and people are going to remember Barry Bonds as a cheater.

And, what's your point. He cheated, plain and simple.

My vote goes to Pete Rose, how many people in the United States gamble? Over 2 billion dollars is spent on the NCAA Tournament ALONE, give me a fucking break, let Pete Rose in the hall.

The only way some people remember Pete Rose is horizonitally(sp) and people are going to remember Barry Bonds as a cheater.

Oh yea, you're the one who said bud harrelson won a fight against pete rose. :rolleyes:

Rose should be in the hall already!

Bonds should eventually be in the hall based on his stats upto 1998, although I think he should not be inducted in the first ballot but more like the 5th or later for his steroids usage.

Come to think of it I don't even mind at all if he makes it in on the first ballot, I would seriously have a problem with Baseball recognizing his baseball records, if they decide to do so...

That may be true, but would he have hit 73 HR's in one season or be staring 714 in the mouth if not for roids, those are the stats that he will be remembered for.

I agree he was a HOF'er before roids, he was the ultimate weapon on the field, but roids tarnished his legacy, I has a huge Bonds fan and supporter before all of this, never bothered me how he treated the media, but he's approaching / broke records he never would have touched if not for roids, I just don't think he should be a hall of famer based on stats he cheated to get (in the latter part of his career).

That may be true, but would he have hit 73 HR's in one season or be staring 714 in the mouth if not for roids, those are the stats that he will be remembered for.

I agree he was a HOF'er before roids, he was the ultimate weapon on the field, but roids tarnished his legacy, I has a huge Bonds fan and supporter before all of this, never bothered me how he treated the media, but he's approaching / broke records he never would have touched if not for roids, I just don't think he should be a hall of famer based on stats he cheated to get (in the latter part of his career).

gee,you make a big deal about a bunch of flinstones vitamins and flax seed oil. :unsure:

I'm sure Bonds would have made the hall without the roids, and he still should. It's just that the numbers should be heavily asterisked, along with McGuire's and the rest of them. They should even count in the record books.

pete rose should b in the hall- hands down. he never cheated to better his own personal records, he only gambled while managing he never bettered his position with steroids to become better, hes just a greedy son-of-a-bitch like the rest of us.

on that note, although i hate to say it, bonds should b in too. i personally believe hes on the juice, but because of america's fine legal system, bonds is innocent until proven guilty. until ol' buddy selig can find enough dirt on this guy, or anyone else like mcguirwe or sosa, they should b in the hall.

but once again, rose should b in based on what he did on the field

One thing that bothers me, even though I personally beleive Bonds used steroids, this is playing out like Maris 61 in '61, fans throwing things on the field, investigations clearly directed at Bonds, etc. As I said, I think Bonds used steroids and I don't want him passing babe or God forbid Aaron, but this has turned into a witch hunt. The best thing that could happen is for Bonds to say he is too injured to play and retire. In the long run, the fans will appreciate and respect him more.

One thing that bothers me, even though I personally beleive Bonds used steroids, this is playing out like Maris 61 in '61, fans throwing things on the field, investigations clearly directed at Bonds, etc. As I said, I think Bonds used steroids and I don't want him passing babe or God forbid Aaron, but this has turned into a witch hunt. The best thing that could happen is for Bonds to say he is too injured to play and retire. In the long run, the fans will appreciate and respect him more.

No one (except Giants fans) will ever respect him and he doesn't care. You're talking about a guy who, even though he was the best player on his high school team, he was unanamously voted off when he missed too many practices. Of course the coach rescinded the vote. He's a bad man ;)

Of course you're right about the witch hunt. A white man who is just as surly (say Kirk Gibson, for instance) would not be facing the same animosity.

No one (except Giants fans) will ever respect him and he doesn't care. You're talking about a guy who, even though he was the best player on his high school team, he was unanamously voted off when he missed too many practices. Of course the coach rescinded the vote. He's a bad man ;)

Of course you're right about the witch hunt. A white man who is just as surly (say Kirk Gibson, for instance) would not be facing the same animosity.

I don't beleive that one bit, uif a white man with the same attitude and the same "probability" of having used steroids was approaching records like Bonds is approaching, he would be treated the same, I firlmy beleive that.

I don't beleive that one bit, uif a white man with the same attitude and the same "probability" of having used steroids was approaching records like Bonds is approaching, he would be treated the same, I firlmy beleive that.

not as an excuse, but i do believe that his race makes it worse.

pete rose should definitely get into the hall over bonds. as torn084 said pete rose didnt do anything to better his performance besides practice hard. Also pete rose is always a shaky case. there is more proof that bonds took steroids then that pete even gambled. im not saying he didnt but im just stating the facts. you also have to consider the different era's they played in, the teams they played on, the stadiums they played in, and the players and coaches surrounding them.

It's enough, Rose made a mistake and he's suffered long enough. I never watched him play but his nickname says enough. He played his ass off every single game and broke records while doing it. He was one of the best to play and gambling should not cost him a ticket into the hall.

I still have to let Bonds in. Not on first ballot but considering he was putting up numbers before he supposedly used steroids, if he continued at that pace he would have a shot. I know it's 99-1 chance but if he never used steroids knowingly and he has been telling the truth all along, that would be absolutely horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

*Barry had the stats to make the HOF before he (seemingly) started juicing...but I'd vote for Pete Rose over him. There will never be another player like Charlie Hustle, he was the kind of guy that would stick his head out and take a pitch in the face if it meant getting on base and helping the team.

pete rose should definitely get into the hall over bonds. as torn084 said pete rose didnt do anything to better his performance besides practice hard. Also pete rose is always a shaky case. there is more proof that bonds took steroids then that pete even gambled. im not saying he didnt but im just stating the facts. you also have to consider the different era's they played in, the teams they played on, the stadiums they played in, and the players and coaches surrounding them.

no it has been proving that Rose did gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

An ex player said "Barry Bonds is taking a bullet for this whole generation of baseball players." The guy deserves a medal for the crap he's been taking lately. Don't believe it? Why aren't all the other players crying foul? Conspicuous by their silence.