SportsWrath

Artical from AOLsports.

so-cal dub

Don't you just love the back-and-forth nonsense that is NFL free agency? It's so hard to determine what is garbage and what isn't. As late as yesterday ESPN's John Clayton was reporting that linebacker Cato June was scheduled to meet with the Giants in the near future and that they were the front runner to land his services. Now it's being reported by Paul Schwartz of the New York Post that June is not visiting the Giants and that there aren't even any talks going on between the two sides. In fact, June's Agent went as far as to say "it's not happening with the Giants."

At this point all I can do is throw my hands up and stop trying to figure out what the truth is. Best I can tell is that the Giants aren't going a damn thing. According to the most recent news they aren't targeting June, Leonard Davis stood them up and Dominic Rhodes left without a contract. Not to mention it was reported on ESPN last night that they are not interested in Joey Porter either.

This certainly seems like an odd approach to free agency when there are so many holes to fill. Hopefully Jerry Reese has something up his sleeve or Giants fans are in for a long, long year.

See, were going to do zilch so we can have big FA and draft next year. Watch.. ;)

See, were going to do zilch so we can have big FA and draft next year. Watch.. ;)

I saw that this morning and after 2 days of smoke and mirrors and he said she said bullshit I said fuck it. who ever we get we get i dont care anymore . Hell

I saw that this morning and after 2 days of smoke and mirrors and he said she said bullshit I said fuck it. who ever we get we get i dont care anymore . Hell

The complete lack of talent in this years FA class made me not care long before March 1.

I think the Giants F.O. must have stock in Fog machines and scooby doo fun house mirrors

Giants Close to a Deal For Tatum Bell?

Posted Mar 4th 2007 4:57PM by Dan Benton

Filed under: NY Giants, NFC East, NFL Rumors, New York, NFL Free Agency

tatum-bell-235.jpgThe Giants sure have taken an odd and relatively silent approach to free agency. Even with all the running backs available as unrestricted free agents, they may still be willing to part with a draft pick or player for one. Although no specifics were given, Tom Kowalski of MLive.com indicates that some "pretty good sources" are saying that the Giants and the Lions have "something in the works" for Tatum Bell.

Bell is a very quick and explosive running back who would be an ideal compliment to Brandon Jacobs. However, he may cost more then the Giants should give up. It was reported that Willis McGahee could only be had with a first day draft pick and I imagine it will be no different with Bell.

In the report, Kowalski also makes sure to note that the Lions obtained Bell with every indication to use him but that anything is possible. Given Bell's value it's hard to imagine the Giants getting a "steal" regardless of what they send in exchange for him. If not a third round pick, it will probably be a fourth round pick and a player. But again, that's only if the trade actually happens.[/quote]

I think the Giants fo must have stock in Fog machines and scooby doo fun house mirrors

Giants Close to a Deal For Tatum Bell?

Posted Mar 4th 2007 4:57PM by Dan Benton

Filed under: NY Giants, NFC East, NFL Rumors, New York, NFL Free Agency

tatum-bell-235.jpgThe Giants sure have taken an odd and relatively silent approach to free agency. Even with all the running backs available as unrestricted free agents, they may still be willing to part with a draft pick or player for one. Although no specifics were given, Tom Kowalski of MLive.com indicates that some "pretty good sources" are saying that the Giants and the Lions have "something in the works" for Tatum Bell.

Bell is a very quick and explosive running back who would be an ideal compliment to Brandon Jacobs. However, he may cost more then the Giants should give up. It was reported that Willis McGahee could only be had with a first day draft pick and I imagine it will be no different with Bell.

In the report, Kowalski also makes sure to note that the Lions obtained Bell with every indication to use him but that anything is possible. Given Bell's value it's hard to imagine the Giants getting a "steal" regardless of what they send in exchange for him. If not a third round pick, it will probably be a fourth round pick and a player. But again, that's only if the trade actually happens.[/quote]

...Strahan and a 4th round pick :ph34r:

The complete lack of talent in this years FA class made me not care long before March 1.

Agreed. When Dominic Rhodes, Nate Clements, and "Lazy" Leonard Davis are the big names, it's a pretty sad day.

All the real gems were tagged. :(