Bernie Williams

feefifoefum

11 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Bernie belong??

• Hall of Fame
    • Monument Park (Yankee Stadium), not a Hall of Famer
    • In Yankee fans' hearts, not the Hall or MP
    • He sucked...

Just interested in seeing how Yankee fans feel about Bernie's career. One Yankee fan I know said he's a sure fire Hall of Famer. I disagree. Maybe if voters took his postseason career into account, he might get in someday.

I would say that Yankee fan friend of yours is on some serious drugs, or maybe, like many Yankee fans, he just doesn't know what he's talking about. Bernie does belong in Monument Park, though, for sure.

I would say that Yankee fan friend of yours is on some serious drugs, or maybe, like many Yankee fans, he just doesn't know what he's talking about. Bernie does belong in Monument Park, though, for sure.

Well, he doesn't do drugs, but he does see everything through pinstriped glasses. He's almost as bad as the guy who posted something here last year about Hideki Matsui being a future Hall of Famer. :confused:

And no... he wasn't referring to Japan's Baseball Hall of Fame.

Other than Jeter, there were really no great players on those Yankee championship teams. To alot of people, even Jeter being a Famer is questionable. (I do believe he deserves it though, and his career is far from over.) I actually used to like watching them play. Still hated them, though.

personally, i dont know if bernie belongs in monument park. yes he had a great steady career, but nothing spectacular. no seasons ever stood out as seasons that defined him. he was a hard worker and a good role model, but bernie isn't going to leave an impression in the history of baseball like the rest of the players in monument park, at least in my opinion.

personally, i dont know if bernie belongs in monument park. yes he had a great steady career, but nothing spectacular. no seasons ever stood out as seasons that defined him. he was a hard worker and a good role model, but bernie isn't going to leave an impression in the history of baseball like the rest of the players in monument park, at least in my opinion.

Wow. How quickly they forget. I don't see Monument Park so much as a place for all-time great ballplayers, but rather for all-time great Yankees. Bernie was huge for those championship Yankee teams...of yesteryear. :lol: I think the only thing that keeps him out is if he goes out whining at the end here and pisses off Steinbrenner.

bernie was sick in the '96 playoffs and he has the most career postseason homeruns ever right? i think he's a shoe-in for monument park. i'd have to look more closely at his career stats as far as the hall goes, but off the top of my head i'd say no.

by the way, i heard an NL west team made him an guarenteed roster spot offer. if it's the pads i hope he reconsiders. i'll take a .280 hitter anyday

bernie was sick in the '96 playoffs and he has the most career postseason homeruns ever right? i think he's a shoe-in for monument park. i'd have to look more closely at his career stats as far as the hall goes, but off the top of my head i'd say no.

by the way, i heard an NL west team made him an guarenteed roster spot offer. if it's the pads i hope he reconsiders. i'll take a .280 hitter anyday

He does have the most postseason homeruns, although that stat is a bit misleading since he had the benefit of playing an extra round of playoff games. Still, he deserves credit because he did hit them.

I don't see Bernie playing in the NL as an everyday player. Left field maybe?

I think he'd serve an AL team well as a DH/pinch hitter, maybe an outfield platoon guy. It would be weird seeing him wear another team's uniform. It seems like he doesn't want to play anywhere but in the Bronx. A lot of Yankee fans don't like the way he's being treated, but can you blame the Yanks? He just doesn't have a place on that team right now.

Bernie is not a HOFer, but he definetly deserves a monument plaque. He played on all 4 championship teams, has the most RBIs in postseason history, all with the Yanks. No doubt about him deserving a plaque. C'mon, he's another legacy in center field with the Yanks.

I’m surprised he hasn’t signed a contract with another team. His defense isn’t as bad as some, and he can still produce runs.

Anyway, wtf do we need 3 firstbasemen?

Giambi does not count. He's the full time DH this season...I hope to never see him start at first base, even in interleague games.