SportsWrath

Why we should go with Jacobs and only jacobs

lemmiwinks

True...but why spend tons of cash on a back up when you can draft a 4th rounder and pay acouple hundred thousand

and hope we get the next Sean Alexander? what if we get the next Ron Dayne?

I would rather go for something that has a good running reputation for now. Tatum Bell would be a good pick up .

I would rather go for something that has a good running reputation for now. Tatum Bell would be a good pick up .

We dont need a Shaun Alexander ....We need a guy who can catch out of the backfield and pick up the blitz

You know who would be a great fit.... Brian Leonard...Good hands, can block, and can run...And might be around late 2nd round maybe even early 3rd.....

I would rather build from with in then take some one elses trash..If we are going to spend money in F/A spend it on talent that is hard to develop...CB...LB...DT...LT

Yuck. Tatum Bell? Don't have an argument with your point about a known quantity as an option, but not a Denver running back--they're all about their oline. Besides Portis, what running back from Denver has done well outside of their system?

We dont need a Shaun Alexander ....We need a guy who can catch out of the backfield and pick up the blitz

You know who would be a great fit.... Brian Leonard...Good hands, can block, and can run...And might be around late 2nd round maybe even early 3rd.....

I would rather build from with in then take some one elses trash..If we are going to spend money in F/A spend it on talent that is hard to develop...CB...LB...DT...LT

Personally, I'd prefer that as well. Both can run, have the size to block for each other, and Leonard can catch, and I think Jacobs can too, if given the chance. That combination would provide bruises aplenty, and still keep the defense guessing.

Leonard apparently is doing well out in Indy, put up the most presses out of all the backs. A combination of Jacobs and Leonard would be great, especially since Leonard would be a popular pick among the fans for his local connections. Having a Rutgers star come into a local franchise would also do wonders for Rutgers I think.

Leonard apparently is doing well out in Indy, put up the most presses out of all the backs. A combination of Jacobs and Leonard would be great, especially since Leonard would be a popular pick among the fans for his local connections. Having a Rutgers star come into a local franchise would also do wonders for Rutgers I think.

Then it's settled.

Jerry, make it happen. :lol:

Jesus Christ, I am tired of this "Jacobs isn't an every-down back" bullshit that I keep hearing everywhere.

Why is that? Because he's 6' 4" or because he runs a 4.39 forty?

It's ridiculous. The guy is a beast who's done nothing but make plays since he's been here. Where does it say that you have to be 5'10" and 210 to be an "every down" back? It used to say just the opposite... little backs couldn't stand the pounding of a 16-game season in the NFL (it said that when we drafted Tiki Barber).

I wonder what Larry Johnson and Jerome Bettis think about the talk? They're huge guys who have done pretty well for themselves (shit... Johnson IS Jacobs, with less size and speed).

Jacobs makes the Pro Bowl this year. Write it down. Draft or sign a backup who'll get 7-10 carries per game and let BJ destroy everyone else.

Jesus Christ, I am tired of this "Jacobs isn't an every-down back" bullshit that I keep hearing everywhere.

Why is that? Because he's 6' 4" or because he runs a 4.39 forty?

It's ridiculous. The guy is a beast who's done nothing but make plays since he's been here. Where does it say that you have to be 5'10" and 210 to be an "every down" back? It used to say just the opposite... little backs couldn't stand the pounding of a 16-game season in the NFL (it said that when we drafted Tiki Barber).

I wonder what Larry Johnson and Jerome Bettis think about the talk? They're huge guys who have done pretty well for themselves (shit... Johnson IS Jacobs, with less size and speed).

Jacobs makes the Pro Bowl this year. Write it down. Draft or sign a backup who'll get 7-10 carries per game and let BJ destroy everyone else.

I didn't say he couldnt be an every down back. I said we should get some one with known talent to back him up if he was to get injured. we have no quality depth .

I want BJ to have the start and majority of carries.

I'd rather us just draft a rb in the 3rd or later rnds.

It'd be nice to have Bell or another proven back, but they'd have to be team oriented

because they have to know that they won't be getting the ball much on the goalline.

I didn't say he couldnt be an every down back. I said we should get some one with known talent to back him up if he was to get injured. we have no quality depth .

I'm not saying you; I'm saying the print media and the radio. I heard it from three different people on the way from work this afternoon on Sirius radio... THREE.

People are stupid. :TD: