SportsWrath

Tiki is a distraction..

Virginia Giant

tiki's actions were incredibly self-serving--he made himself a story right before a nationally televised monday night game and he did it on purpose to further increase his future business opportunities and earning power. i dont care what he does in the offseason or after he retires (which i dont have a problem with), but from august till the superbowl he is paid millions of dollars to not only make football the main focus of his life but to be the best player on a team that the giants and the fans have sunk millions into recently in order to win NOW. i hope in 10 years people look back and realize this after jacobs breaks all his rushing records and we all realize that the guy has only had 3 hall of fame caliber seasons and didn't do shit until the giants invested a 1st round pick in a RB back in 2000 and maybe got the message across to tiki that planning his after-retirement opportunities is kind of pointless if no one knows who the 3rd down back for the NY giants is

tiki's actions were incredibly self-serving--he made himself a story right before a nationally televised monday night game and he did it on purpose to further increase his future business opportunities and earning power. i dont care what he does in the offseason or after he retires (which i dont have a problem with), but from august till the superbowl he is paid millions of dollars to not only make football the main focus of his life but to be the best player on a team that the giants and the fans have sunk millions into recently in order to win NOW. i hope in 10 years people look back and realize this after jacobs breaks all his rushing records and we all realize that the guy has only had 3 hall of fame caliber seasons and didn't do shit until the giants invested a 1st round pick in a RB back in 2000 and maybe got the message across to tiki that planning his after-retirement opportunities is kind of pointless if no one knows who the 3rd down back for the NY giants is

:cwy: It was only a joke.

BTW, i agree with you.

yeah i know, i just haven't had my fill of tiki bashing

unfortunately, i think him announcing his retirment early will hurt him more than help him. He'll get an offer from a major news station after the season, and to be honest he may nt be ready. He should have shut up and taken a sports broadcasting job at espn or fox for a year or 2 and learned more about full times broadcasting, than after a couple 3 years taken a job on CNN/NBC/Foxnews etc. he'd have been a better news man and known more about the Biz.

the fact is that when people talk about tiki's tv skills and how personable he is they're not comparing him to guys like lauer, rather, hugh downs, or whoever the hell he wants to be, they're comparing him to other football players who have trouble stringing together legibile sentences. yeah, tiki's a very well-spoken charismatic intelligent guy

.....for a FOOTBALL PLAYER

Do you think it's a coincidence that the spate of injuries happened after Tiki announces his retirement? Look at the timeline--Tiki announces the retirement after the season, Lavar gets IR'd, then Toomer goes on injured reserve, then Osi gets injured, then Strahan.

...OK...I'll spell it out for you...

Lavar: "Everyone's attention is on Tiki. I'm the big FA signing, all the attention should be on meee..."

Toomer: "Tiki, Plaxico. Tiki, Plaxico. I'll show them..."

Osi: "Offense, offense, offense. I'll get injured, then they'll be sorry."

Strahan:"If you think I'm going to sit here and listen to 'what will we do without Osi' for a few weeks, you're out of your mind. We'll see who is more important to the DLine..."

Tuck:"Oh sure. Pin this BS on the young guy. Fuck that."

Short: "Ow."

Emmons is a different story. I think he has an unrequited man-crush on our trainer.

Now Tiki hurts his thumb. What a bunch of attention-whores! :furious:

Yes, it's a joke. No, I haven't had the level of head trauma it would take to be serious with this.

:LMAO::clap::TU:

the fact is that when people talk about tiki's tv skills and how personable he is they're not comparing him to guys like lauer, rather, hugh downs, or whoever the hell he wants to be, they're comparing him to other football players who have trouble stringing together legibile sentences. yeah, tiki's a very well-spoken charismatic intelligent guy

.....for a FOOTBALL PLAYER

I think Tiki tried too hard to sound intelligent and personable to overcome the football player stereotype. If he'd relax and be himself I think he'd come off more real and actually be more intruiging to major stations.

Tiki is a smart cookie, but he tries too hard to prove himself.