SportsWrath

My annual pilgrimmage to Giants Stadium

boohyah

I usually go once a year and today was the day. Absolutely great day for football, no wind worth talking about, cold but not too cold, sweatshirt type of weather. Just some points.

The call for the crowd to get loud didn't really work. Everyone was taking this game lightly.

Coughlin spends a lot more time than I thought turning around imploring the crowd to cheer. That wasn't a good sight considering the way the team played.

In regards to the Texans, boy they designed a real safe game plan to get carr back in the groove. If James Butler wasn't such a bone head, because prior to that Carr seemed to have a lot of trouble with the short field (red zone). I have to say, if Andre Johnson ever gets a few good players around him on offense, that kid will take off. He's a good wideout and one big motherfucker. The texans as a whoel are very undiscliplined.

Shockey really never had full possession of the ball, and to me the call was good. However there was no question Eli was zoning in on him today. Shockey did a good job. However if I was Amani I wouldn't be happy with the last 2 games because there were a couple of plays today where Eli totally overlooked him. 3 catches in 2 games is not good.

Watching Tiki on Tv is one thing, watching Tiki pick his holes to run live from in the stands is a joy to watch, it's amazing how he's developed. But everytime he walks off the field he looks sore. He takes a real beating.

Jacobs is the man at Giants Stadium. And if you see the guy at the start of the game in the tunnel, he's a monster. He was bigger than every player on D cept for Cofield, Robbins and Joseph.

Dayne caught one pass for a couple of yards and was booed off the field. It's now officially very sad to see.

IMO, we are watching Shiancoe's last season as a Giant.

Bob Whitfield's ass is the size of a bus!

Parking and leaving the meadowlands sucks ass. Plus if you go to a game again, stay away from the chicken fingers and fries, unless you want to keep something to bounce later on.

Wow. How did you manage to get that insighful vivid piece of information sitting in the stands??? :P

Ice, when I was "sitting in the stands" the entire stadium was going apeshit about the call, even after the jumbotron replay.

Another thing I forgot that bothered me was the sight of Tyree on the sidelines and Michael Jennings on the field. I can't figure that one out since Tyree has always played well when filling in at wideout. By the way, Michael Jennings is about the size of a 10 year old.

Ice, when I was "sitting in the stands" the entire stadium was going apeshit about the call, even after the jumbotron replay.

Another thing I forgot that bothered me was the sight of Tyree on the sidelines and Michael Jennings on the field. I can't figure that one out since Tyree has always played well when filling in at wideout. By the way, Michael Jennings is about the size of a 10 year old.

first of all td or not, shockey should have caught the ball. his consistent drops are starting to get to me. now this is probably the first time i have ever said anything negative about shock, i am usually defending him even when he doesn't deserve it. however, i do not consider him an elite TE anymore. he is not. he is a very good player, but we all know there are a handful of TE's that are better than him, and he is overrated. i tried to avoid thinking like that but i can't deny it anymore. if he's not a great blocker i can deal with that, but if that's the case, he should have better hands if he wants to be considered the "great pass catching TE" that he thinks he is. as for jennings yeah he's tiny, but he got open a whole lot yesterday and eli kept consistently missing him. i don't even care about him in the passing game really, but this guy is definitely a speed demon and he should be returning kickoffs for us.

Coughlin spends a lot more time than I thought turning around imploring the crowd to cheer. That wasn't a good sight considering the way the team played

that is really an undignified thing for him to be doing. as i said, he should worry about what goes on in front of him.

first of all td or not, shockey should have caught the ball. his consistent drops are starting to get to me. now this is probably the first time i have ever said anything negative about shock, i am usually defending him even when he doesn't deserve it. however, i do not consider him an elite TE anymore. he is not. he is a very good player, but we all know there are a handful of TE's that are better than him, and he is overrated. i tried to avoid thinking like that but i can't deny it anymore. if he's not a great blocker i can deal with that, but if that's the case, he should have better hands if he wants to be considered the "great pass catching TE" that he thinks he is. as for jennings yeah he's tiny, but he got open a whole lot yesterday and eli kept consistently missing him. i don't even care about him in the passing game really, but this guy is definitely a speed demon and he should be returning kickoffs for us.

Thats a drop i can understand. One foot down, he gets drilled then he's planted on the turf. Boom boom and the ball comes out. He's lucky to have even lived on that play, I won't give him too much grief for that drop.

Thats a drop i can understand. One foot down, he gets drilled then he's planted on the turf. Boom boom and the ball comes out. He's lucky to have even lived on that play, I won't give him too much grief for that drop.

I agree. The hit was brutal.

Why you say that? The guy is a solid 2nd TE.

:LMAO:

He didn't play much yesterday, or any other day for that matter. Coughlin has a hard on now for Rich Seubert to play as a second blocking TE, and was in as an eligible receiver at least once every 3 downs. If Shiancoe is not involved in blocking and he's not part of the offense, then I can't see him wanting to stick around the Giants nor would I blame him. The league has about 14-15 top notch tight ends and after that the quality of those tight ends drop off considerably. Shiancoe could have a good market value for himself.

Shockey took some big hits yesterday, at one point he looked a little woozy coming off the field.